[Q] Screen on/off Mod????

Search This thread

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
Hey comm, i just recently purchased the new commuter otter box and the power button is extremely difficult to push (im also being lazy). I was wondering if there was a mod i missed where i could turn the screen on/off with maybe the volume buttons or maybe the home button? Thanks in advance...

Im running the Goodness Rom 8.0.5

Greygollum

Jul 21, 2012
I've used a mod that let's you swipe your home and back keys for screen on off. ID have to look for it again.

Sent from my One X using xda premium

Reactions: MrEpic

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
Okkkk, so randomly i said to myself... "Press the home button and see what happens"...Naturally my phone screen turns on...smdh...another great reason why i love this rom!!! But if you do find a mod...im sure someone would like to have it!!!

Goodness Rom Representer!!!!

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Okkkk, so randomly i said to myself... "Press the home button and see what happens"...Naturally my phone screen turns on...smdh...another great reason why i love this rom!!! But if you do find a mod...im sure someone would like to have it!!!

Goodness Rom Representer!!!!

Lol...i've heard people complain about that, its actually a feature from the stock rom btw ;)

Sent from my PG06100

Will32

May 12, 2011
Benton
Hey comm, i just recently purchased the new commuter otter box and the power button is extremely difficult to push (im also being lazy). I was wondering if there was a mod i missed where i could turn the screen on/off with maybe the volume buttons or maybe the home button? Thanks in advance...

Im running the Goodness Rom 8.0.5

Every rom that I've installed has the ability to wake up with the home button, as far as I can temember.

Also, I have the commuter case like you and was very dissatisfied with how hard the rubber is. It does make it hard to press the power and volume buttons. The good news is that the rubber softens over time and makes it easier to press power. I still cant hear or feel the click of the button when I press but its much easier to press after 2 months of use.

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
I also have the commuter case. I agree that the rubber is too hard but I love the protection. At first I didn't like being able to use the home button to wake the phone, I use it all the time now though.

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011
Please read forum rules before posting
Questions and help issues go in Q&A
Thread moved
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Ha...its like we winning and losing at same damn time right!! O well, there are apps and great devs to cure allll of that!! I just downloaded a screen off app lol. I guess im going to need a lil longer than 2 months now lol

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
I know there's an widget where you just press a button and your screen turns off. I used to use it on my old LG Optimus S!!!! Oh those were the terrible gingerbread days..

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've used a mod that let's you swipe your home and back keys for screen on off. ID have to look for it again.

Sent from my One X using xda premium