[Q] 1.54.651.8 Root

Search This thread

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Glad to help. Keep in mind that the root method generally doesn't change, but the S-off method may. So far, looks like Firewater works for the original software version that came on the phone, as well as the OTA.

Sent from my EVO LTE

METHOD1911

Apr 5, 2008
Can I ask you fellas a question. I'm still running stock but I'm rooted and s-off. I keep getting the system update and I want to accept the update because it adds the extreme power saver to my Sprint M8. If I do exactly how do reroot. I know I'll stay S-off. Thanks in advance.

One method1911

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Can I ask you fellas a question. I'm still running stock but I'm rooted and s-off. I keep getting the system update and I want to accept the update because it adds the extreme power saver to my Sprint M8. If I do exactly how do reroot. I know I'll stay S-off. Thanks in advance.

One method1911

I think Captain Throwback has a stock rooted ROM based off the latest OTA. I would flash that, instead. Too much trouble if you choose the other route.

Sent from my EVO LTE

henderjr

I think Captain Throwback has a stock rooted ROM based off the latest OTA. I would flash that, instead. Too much trouble if you choose the other route.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Flash the rom along with the firmware.

But if you wanted to flash the update from sprint it's not that hard. You would need Sprints stock recovery flashed on your device (it's in one of Captains threads) and your software would need to have all of the files the OTA wants to update since it fails if it doesn't find all the files it is changing. Other than that take the update, let it finish and boot up, and then flash twrp (or cwm), flash SU, and you're back to rooted.

Reactions: Magnum_Enforcer

Magnum_Enforcer

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 14, 2012
Birmingham, AL

But if you wanted to flash the update from sprint it's not that hard. You would need Sprints stock recovery flashed on your device (it's in one of Captains threads) and your software would need to have all of the files the OTA wants to update since it fails if it doesn't find all the files it is changing. Other than that take the update, let it finish and boot up, and then flash twrp (or cwm), flash SU, and you're back to rooted.

Yeah, forgot to mention flashing the new firmware. Good looking out:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO LTE

Star2dn

Nov 28, 2009
Rookie Mistake!

Just for the record I took the Update. Not realizing that the firmware was going to be updated as well. My bad, now I can't even unlock my bootloader, I get an error message(pwr/vol.dn). I also tried to using cmd(adb) error message cannot 'flash' Now what? I usually root my devices on day one. oh well. Noob I am not.:confused a I am...

Any Ideas?

Sprint HTC M8

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Just for the record I took the Update. Not realizing that the firmware was going to be updated as well. My bad, now I can't even unlock my bootloader, I get an error message(pwr/vol.dn). I also tried to using cmd(adb) error message cannot 'flash' Now what? I usually root my devices on day one. oh well. Noob I am not.:confused a I am...

Any Ideas?

Sprint HTC M8
Shouldn't matter if you took the update
HTC Dev will unlock your bootloader unless Sprint blocked it like what happened to Verizon...they blocked folks from using HTC Dev.

Star2dn

Nov 28, 2009
Got It

Late last night I tried out Hasoon2000's (EASY) ALL-IN-ONE KIT. It got me rooted. Always did it manually never had any issue before, oh well I'm rooted that's what matter.

Thanks for the feedback

And a big thanks to Hasoon2000's.

Great Work!

lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my EVO LTE