Any way to turn the screen off on the lock screen?

Search This thread

TyWadd

Jan 9, 2013
I prefer not to shimmy up the phone to reach the power button, and have it set up so a double tap on the back key turns the screen off. However, they do not shoe up on the lock screen. So I have to enter the pattern then turn the screen off. Does anyone know a mod or widget you can place on the screen in the lock screen to turn the display off?
Thanks

Bellypock

Jul 18, 2011
Viper ROM has that sort of option. I don't use Xposed, but I believe it does as well.

sparky_005

Apr 15, 2014
I prefer not to shimmy up the phone to reach the power button, and have it set up so a double tap on the back key turns the screen off. However, they do not shoe up on the lock screen. So I have to enter the pattern then turn the screen off. Does anyone know a mod or widget you can place on the screen in the lock screen to turn the display off?
Thanks

If you're willing to flash a custom kernel, Evolution's kernel has swipe to sleep feature (swipe right to left on the bottom of the screen to turn it off, works on lock screen.)

Link here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2716686

tdnookhd

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks

If you are using the stock LockScreen, double tapping anywhere on the display will turn the screen off. If you are using a replacement LS you can get an Xposed module that turns the screen off with a double tap on the status bar.