[Rom Add-On] Clean & Stable Add-On For All Stock Firmware V4[21/07/11][New Market]

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
[Rom Add-On] Clean & Stable Add-On For All Stock Firmware V4[21/07/11][New Market]

Please Do Not post this elsewhere

This will not work on newbie5 modded stock rom

Hi All.

I have made this rom add-on to try to keep the device as clean and stable as possible. I could add custom boot screens, launcher (like launcher pro) and much more, but I have only added the essentials. As i think everyone has different tastes and the extras are easily installed. I have chosen to use the software tool which is part of the stock firmware, this insures easy installation on any os. No usb recovery drivers or clockwork mod needed!

V4 Rom Add-On includes:

Market (New)
Google Talk
SuperUser
3D Gallery
Google Calendar
Visionary
YouTube App
(removed titanium backup due to size restraint, can be installed through market)

V4 can be installed over the top of V3, titanium backup will remain

V3 Rom Add-On includes:

Market (Old)[Full]
SuperUser
3D Gallery
Google Calendar
Visionary
Titanium BackUp
YouTube App

If you cannot sync contacts or calendar. Please use this fix http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12385012&postcount=131
I have updated the rom add-on now so if you use the version with -1 at the end, it contains the fix.

Optional .ZIP's

Small Taskbar (For Advent v1.09 and v1.10 firmware only)
Gmail
Contacts

Google Maps can be downloaded from the market

I highly recommend launcher pro, its available from the market. It is a lot better than the stock launcher, and the payed for version has some great widgets.

Button savior, also available from the market. Is also for me a must for the vega, it adds the missing buttons as on-screen buttons.

This V3 update is more of a clean up. There was a lot of confusion over the multiple .rar parts and some compatibility issues with v1.10 POV firmware. I have now removed the small taskbar and added it as a update, so now my rom add-on is fully compatible with the pov firmwares and does not require multiple .rars. Advent firmware users who want the small taskbar, simply flash the Small_Taskbar.zip. If you have already installed my v2 version there is no need to update, as i said its more of a clean up. There are a few added apps, but they are easily installed.

Install Instructions:

1 - Download the .zip you wish to flash. Copy the .zip to "software update" on your SDcard.

2 - Navigate to settings/software tool/software update on vega, and touch the .zip

3 - Device will reboot and a "out of a box" android will appear and install the parts.

You will not lose any of your apps/data from this process.

Please make sure you have sufficient power to apply Add-On, i would recommend 50%

Root Instructions:

Root is required for some apps. Eg Button savior requires this for it to function fully.

1 - Open visionary

2 - Touch "Temproot now" the screen will go blank for a few seconds and return to the visionary page. Then click it again. (i have no idea why it is required to do this twice, but in my experience it is necessary)

3 - Touch "Attempt Permroot now" After a few seconds a super user prompt will appear, allow the prompt. Then device will reboot and it should be rooted.

If Flash does not work, navigate to /etc/shuttle_data and run the flash.apk. That will reinstall the included flash version.

If all apps are not showing in the market please follow ice-mn tip. Many thanks to him for this.
Since there are several post discussing this I have opened this thread instead answering the same on all of them.

To get all apps (at least all I have looked for ) you only have to follow the steps described.

1. Go to Manage Applications (in settings/applications)
2. Press the running tab and select market (if market is not running execute it)
3. Select Market from running apps. And:
  • Press Clear Cache
  • Press Force Stop
4. Go back and Select Google Services Framework. And:
  • Press Clear Data (answer ok on the message warning)
  • Press Force Stop
5. Try to run Market. You will get an error message.
6. Reboot the device and run market twice (the first one you will get the error message again).

Thanks to skyball2 and alphaola for supplying stock POV frameworks
Thanks to demonknight9 for posting the original market_update.zip

Check out my custom boot animation Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=950304

Attachments

• Small_Taskbar.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 2,558
  • Gmail.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,616
  • Contacts.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,555
  • O_G_Rom_Add-OnV3-1.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 5,097
  • O_G_Rom_Add-OnV4.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 4,059
  • Robo-Sig-Small.gif
    Robo-Sig-Small.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 149,511
Last edited:

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Hi mate just got my vega so this is very welcome,thank you very much :)

Welcome to xda dev. I see this is your first post:)

Glad you find it useful. i hope to update it soon with a complete package (Flash etc), i just need some where to host it.

Attachments

• CompleteBrownFixed.gif
    CompleteBrownFixed.gif
    708.6 KB · Views: 440,983
  • ROBOFINAL3xbulletFAST.gif
    ROBOFINAL3xbulletFAST.gif
    183.6 KB · Views: 821,560
Last edited:
Reactions: Dan-Dare

demonknight9

Oct 21, 2006
LONDON
Hi All.

I have been playing with the market enabler (thanks to demonknight9). I have added the small taskbar framework to the update. so now you can have the market and small taskbar on a stock v1.08 vega. More gmail apps can be downloaded from the market. As demonknight9 says its very easy to install. No need for CWM.

1 - Download market_update0.zip file and put on storage card.
2 - Navigate to settings/software tool/software update, and navigate to location of market_update0.zip.
3 - Run the market_update0.zip
4 - Device will reboot and install the parts.

It looks like flashing things to are vegas is easy, can be done from the software update. The zip is unsigned. More things can be added but i thought i would keep it simple to start with.:)

Hope its useful:)

I have made one with flash,spare parts and superuser as well, but it is larger than i can upload to xda dev. if anybody has somewhere i can upload i would be gratefull.

EDIT:I have added the flash.apk to enable flash, visionary to fully root the device and spare parts to disable compatibility mode for games to the attachments.

Good idea to add the bits. Why don't you upload it to fileape? Easy peasy to open an account. Just chose a username and a pass, no email, no confirmation just a plane doddle. go here; www.fileape.com

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
How long does the market updater take, my vega been hanging for about 10 minutes, is this normal?

Which part is it hanging on, once run the device should reboot, then a picture of a box with a arrow appears, and the progress bar bellow turns orange. I have flashed this and different versions with no problems.

Walesraider

Jan 17, 2011
Once i selected the update zip the screen dimmed but didnt reboot - no picture of the green box. would you suggest i power off and retry?

Jezwick

Nov 8, 2007
Offham
Any ideas why I can't see most of my apps in the marketPlace

LauncherPro etc are not found when I search for them

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Any ideas why I can't see most of my apps in the marketPlace

LauncherPro etc are not found when I search for them

I am looking at that now. It only looks like a few apps are not showing. Not to sure why, i have tried changing the market files but no go.

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Ok i've restarted the vega but iv've come back to the dimmed screen..any ideas?

Thats very odd. I have re-flashed 4 different versions in the last 10 mins with no problems. Try to hold the power button down for six seconds to totally shut down. Plug the device into the power. Then try a reboot. If that does not work then you are going to have to go into recovery and re-flash the stock rom. Sounds like the flash got interrupted for some reason.

Reactions: Walesraider

Walesraider

Jan 17, 2011
Thats very odd. I have re-flashed 4 different versions in the last 10 mins with no problems. Try to hold the power button down for six seconds to totally shut down. Plug the device into the power. Then try a reboot. If that does not work then you are going to have to go into recovery and re-flash the stock rom. Sounds like the flash got interrupted for some reason.

Many thanks, I re-installed the stock rom after putting it into recovery. I tried the market updater again and it worked no problem. Thinking about it now I was on low battery so that why it might not have worked 1st time round..

O_G

Jul 8, 2007
Many thanks, I re-installed the stock rom after putting it into recovery. I tried the market updater again and it worked no problem. Thinking about it now I was on low battery so that why it might not have worked 1st time round..

I never thought to put a warning on low battery. I will add it to the first post. Glad you got it sorted:)

Walesraider

Jan 17, 2011
Is there any way to revert back to large notification bar? It does look good but It's a little too small for me.:(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please Do Not post this elsewhere

This will not work on newbie5 modded stock rom

Hi All.

I have made this rom add-on to try to keep the device as clean and stable as possible. I could add custom boot screens, launcher (like launcher pro) and much more, but I have only added the essentials. As i think everyone has different tastes and the extras are easily installed. I have chosen to use the software tool which is part of the stock firmware, this insures easy installation on any os. No usb recovery drivers or clockwork mod needed!

V4 Rom Add-On includes:

Market (New)
    Google Talk
    SuperUser
    3D Gallery
    Google Calendar
    Visionary
    YouTube App
    (removed titanium backup due to size restraint, can be installed through market)

V4 can be installed over the top of V3, titanium backup will remain

V3 Rom Add-On includes:

Market (Old)[Full]
    SuperUser
    3D Gallery
    Google Calendar
    Visionary
    Titanium BackUp
    YouTube App

If you cannot sync contacts or calendar. Please use this fix http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=12385012&postcount=131
    I have updated the rom add-on now so if you use the version with -1 at the end, it contains the fix.

Optional .ZIP's

Small Taskbar (For Advent v1.09 and v1.10 firmware only)
    Gmail
    Contacts

Google Maps can be downloaded from the market

I highly recommend launcher pro, its available from the market. It is a lot better than the stock launcher, and the payed for version has some great widgets.

Button savior, also available from the market. Is also for me a must for the vega, it adds the missing buttons as on-screen buttons.

This V3 update is more of a clean up. There was a lot of confusion over the multiple .rar parts and some compatibility issues with v1.10 POV firmware. I have now removed the small taskbar and added it as a update, so now my rom add-on is fully compatible with the pov firmwares and does not require multiple .rars. Advent firmware users who want the small taskbar, simply flash the Small_Taskbar.zip. If you have already installed my v2 version there is no need to update, as i said its more of a clean up. There are a few added apps, but they are easily installed.

Install Instructions:

1 - Download the .zip you wish to flash. Copy the .zip to "software update" on your SDcard.

2 - Navigate to settings/software tool/software update on vega, and touch the .zip

3 - Device will reboot and a "out of a box" android will appear and install the parts.

Please make sure you have sufficient power to apply Add-On, i would recommend 50%

Root Instructions:

Root is required for some apps. Eg Button savior requires this for it to function fully.

1 - Open visionary

2 - Touch "Temproot now" the screen will go blank for a few seconds and return to the visionary page. Then click it again. (i have no idea why it is required to do this twice, but in my experience it is necessary)

3 - Touch "Attempt Permroot now" After a few seconds a super user prompt will appear, allow the prompt. Then device will reboot and it should be rooted.

If Flash does not work, navigate to /etc/shuttle_data and run the flash.apk. That will reinstall the included flash version.

If all apps are not showing in the market please follow ice-mn tip. Many thanks to him for this.
    Since there are several post discussing this I have opened this thread instead answering the same on all of them.

To get all apps (at least all I have looked for ) you only have to follow the steps described.

1. Go to Manage Applications (in settings/applications)
    2. Press the running tab and select market (if market is not running execute it)
    3. Select Market from running apps. And:
    • Press Clear Cache
    • Press Force Stop
    4. Go back and Select Google Services Framework. And:
    • Press Clear Data (answer ok on the message warning)
    • Press Force Stop
    5. Try to run Market. You will get an error message.
    6. Reboot the device and run market twice (the first one you will get the error message again).

Thanks to skyball2 and alphaola for supplying stock POV frameworks
    Thanks to demonknight9 for posting the original market_update.zip

Check out my custom boot animation Here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=950304
    Having some problems with GTalk, None of the required parts will install (gtalkservice.apk, Talk.apk and Talkprovider.apk) Tried pushing them to the vega, which just causes loads of FC's. So the usual update.zip will not work. Not had a lot of time the past few weeks, but will take another look as soon as i have the time. If anybody else has gtalk working with this rom add-on please let me know.
    Interesting... I have the GTalk working on my tablet.
    I just pushed the Talk.apk to /system/app dir.
    I've got the Talk.apk from Vega MCR r8 zip file.
    And why did you use the Visionary to root in the first thread, isn't z4root better?
    Ah sorry, did not think it was multi part... doh, feel like such a prat... thanks again... :)

No problem. We all make a mistake from time to time. Enjoy the rom add-on:)
    Updated to V4. This includes the requested google talk and the new market.

Thanks to yani2000 for the tip on GTalk.
    If you could ad contacts as a flashable zip it would be great. Or is it just Contacts.apk and ContactsProvider.apk thats needed? In that case i can make one myself.

I am going to make a update.zip for contacts. Just not had the time. Will try to post tonight.