[BOOT][CAF & STOCK][ALL-VARIANTS] G2 Hybrid Bootstacks

Search This thread

daniel.stuart14

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 14, 2013
Curitiba - PR
aqsd.github.io
Hello, everybody! Today, I'm bringing up here my hybrid bootstacks packages.

WARNING #1: Messing with boot partitions can be dangerous. Don't try it if you don't know what a BRICK means!
WARNING #2: You must flash a BUMP recovery before trying it, I recommend @blastagator one!
WARNING #3: It only supports BUMP kernels, so, checkout with your rom maintainer before flashing!

Code:
/*  *** Disclaimer
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
* or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
* if you have any concerns about features included in these packages
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* BOOM goes the Dynamite
*/

Why use hybrid boostacks?
If you're on CM-12.1, CM-13.0 or even LP STOCK, you'll need flash a boostacks, but why use hybrid?
Hybrid bootstacks were made thinking on stability and being as closest as possible to stock.
All of them, use the most recent aboot/laf & modem compatible. Also, devices without official lollipop have here a workaround:
-D803 variant has its own package, that brings KK files, with a modified d801 lp baseband.
-L22 variant has its own package, that brings KK files, with a modified d802 lp baseband.
Also, if you are still not satisfied, I made a WIKI with many infos about bootstacks, that you can found on my github or the most important parts here:

Supported devices:
D800
D801
D802
D803
(KK + LP BASEBAND)
D805/6 (SAME PACKAGE FOR THESE TWO VARIANTS)
F320K/L/S (ONE PACKAGE FOR EACH VARIANT)
L22 (KK + LP BASEBAND)
LS980
VS980

What is bootstack?
It's a set of images, that are essential for your device. These hybrid bootstracks use all the images from lollipop, except aboot, which is from kitkat. So, we can have bump working with LP partitions.

What is in it? (Except D803 & L22)
-Aboot (KK)
-Dbi (LP)
-Laf (LP) (BUMP)
-Modem (LP)
-Persist (LP) (Except LS980)
-Rpm (LP)
-Sbl1 (LP)
-tz (LP)

Which roms it works?
CM-12.1, and any rom based on it. (Except RR with stock kernel. Workaround: Custom kernel.)
CM-13.0, and any rom based on it.
LP STOCK, and any rom based on it.

What is assert?
Assert is a command line in zip script, it checks if you're flashing a compatible bootstrap with your device.

Why it only supports bump?
Because I updated all the aboot files to KK, and only JB supports loki.

Why you updated aboot to KitKat?
Because KK bootloader is more reliable, and I can merge the original kernel cmdline.

I can't enter in recovery, why?
My aboot files are the most recent KK versions, some of them have a new way to enter in recovery:
-Old Way: Hold power + vol down, then, release and hold power + vol down again.
-New Way: Hold power + vol down, then, release and hold vol up + vol down.

How D803 and L22 are available, if they're stuck on KK?
-D803 is using D803 KK bootstacks, except by the modem, that is the same from D801, but, edited with D803 modem files.
-L22 is using L22 KK bootstacks, except by the baseband, which is the same from D802, but, edited with L22 radio files.

Why Laf isn't giving secure booting error, if we're using LP version?
-As everybody knows, until now, we were using KK Laf + KK Aboot. This was because new LP images have a new image signature. So, to make it boot on KK Aboot, I broke LP signature (Extracting the ramdisk and packing it again) and then I bumped it using open_bump.

More info about files: github.

DOWNLOADS:

Thanks to:
- @Rashed97 , for all his work, and the original zip packages.
- @Drgravy , for the updated bump packages, that I use as base.

Last edited:

daniel.stuart14

May 14, 2013
Curitiba - PR
aqsd.github.io
Issues & Requests:
If you found a bug, want request a variant support, or even found a newer boot(aboot/modem/laf/etc...) file, you can request it HERE.
If you want a quickly answer, I really recommend posting it there.

Attention! Devices stuck on JB will not be add! Ex: L-01F DOCOMO

ONLY FOR DEVS:

With my bootstacks (and others with KK aboot), roms can be more stock, than using old loki packages (With JB aboot).
With KK aboot, we can:

Delete LCD hack script, and use stock CM boot flash way. (KK Aboot sets LCD type, by itself) (NO MORE PERMANENT LCD DAMAGE!)
Use new tags_addr 0x00000100
Delete cmdline entries: msm_rtb.filter=0x0 mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_g2_lgd_cmd (Aboot auto-sets it.)
Revert this JB hack.

The good thing here, is that it'll not explode devices using old JB aboot, because these devices won't be able to boot these roms. (the new tags_addr makes JB bootloader stops until user restart it to recovery.)
Attention: DON'T DO ANY OF THESE MODIFICATIONS ON RECOVERY! RECOVERIES MUST BE UNIVERSAL!

Last edited:

brickwall99

Sep 24, 2010
Anyone with D801 tried this bootstack with blisspop? Tempted to install RenderKernel but I've read about lots of issues, so I've been holding off.

Reactions: doosanst

Nicholi85

Oct 23, 2013
Anyone with D801 tried this bootstack with blisspop? Tempted to install RenderKernel but I've read about lots of issues, so I've been holding off.

I just tried with RR with RR kernal and would boot past lg. render might be needed. dunno. flashed Loki again and it booted up right nice.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

samuele94

Oct 22, 2014
Grosseto
RR still using LOKI? That doesn't make any sense, they should sync with cm sources.
For me Yes! Candy5 use bump,temasek (of zg85) use bump,Dirty unicorn use bump,vanir of sudosurootdev use bump,bliss use bump but RR with stock kernel won't bot on kk bootloader....
I use kk bootloader with stock kernel on rom I mentioned as bump then I can assure you from personal experience (d802)
Look this https://github.com/ResurrectionRemi...e_lge_g2-common/tree/cm-12.1-caf/releasetools here are bump but kernel won't bot on kk bootloader

Last edited:

daniel.stuart14

May 14, 2013
Curitiba - PR
aqsd.github.io
For me Yes! Candy5 use bump,temasek (of zg85) use bump,Dirty unicorn use bump,vanir of sudosurootdev use bump,bliss use bump but RR with stock kernel won't bot on kk bootloader....
I use kk bootloader with stock kernel on rom I mentioned as bump then I can assure you from personal experience (d802)
Look this https://github.com/ResurrectionRemi...e_lge_g2-common/tree/cm-12.1-caf/releasetools here are bump but kernel won't bot on kk bootloader

I'll MP varund, thx

Reactions: samuele94

paul89rulez

Apr 13, 2010
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I have some problems with d802 bootstak. With many roms (cm12 offi, bliss, slimsaber ecc), i have random soft reboots, twice at day (2-3). With lollipop stock bootstack (after .kdz flash) i have only One at day with all Roms. Any idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, everybody! Today, I'm bringing up here my hybrid bootstacks packages.

WARNING #1: Messing with boot partitions can be dangerous. Don't try it if you don't know what a BRICK means!
    WARNING #2: You must flash a BUMP recovery before trying it, I recommend @blastagator one!
    WARNING #3: It only supports BUMP kernels, so, checkout with your rom maintainer before flashing!

Code:
    /*  *** Disclaimer
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, 
    * or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
    * if you have any concerns about features included in these packages
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * BOOM goes the Dynamite
    */

Why use hybrid boostacks?
    If you're on CM-12.1, CM-13.0 or even LP STOCK, you'll need flash a boostacks, but why use hybrid?
    Hybrid bootstacks were made thinking on stability and being as closest as possible to stock.
    All of them, use the most recent aboot/laf & modem compatible. Also, devices without official lollipop have here a workaround:
    -D803 variant has its own package, that brings KK files, with a modified d801 lp baseband.
    -L22 variant has its own package, that brings KK files, with a modified d802 lp baseband.
    Also, if you are still not satisfied, I made a WIKI with many infos about bootstacks, that you can found on my github or the most important parts here:

Supported devices:
    D800
    D801
    D802
    D803
    (KK + LP BASEBAND)
    D805/6 (SAME PACKAGE FOR THESE TWO VARIANTS)
    F320K/L/S (ONE PACKAGE FOR EACH VARIANT)
    L22 (KK + LP BASEBAND)
    LS980
    VS980

What is bootstack?
    It's a set of images, that are essential for your device. These hybrid bootstracks use all the images from lollipop, except aboot, which is from kitkat. So, we can have bump working with LP partitions.

What is in it? (Except D803 & L22)
    -Aboot (KK)
    -Dbi (LP)
    -Laf (LP) (BUMP)
    -Modem (LP)
    -Persist (LP) (Except LS980)
    -Rpm (LP)
    -Sbl1 (LP)
    -tz (LP)

Which roms it works?
    CM-12.1, and any rom based on it. (Except RR with stock kernel. Workaround: Custom kernel.)
    CM-13.0, and any rom based on it.
    LP STOCK, and any rom based on it.

What is assert?
    Assert is a command line in zip script, it checks if you're flashing a compatible bootstrap with your device.

Why it only supports bump?
    Because I updated all the aboot files to KK, and only JB supports loki.

Why you updated aboot to KitKat?
    Because KK bootloader is more reliable, and I can merge the original kernel cmdline.

I can't enter in recovery, why?
    My aboot files are the most recent KK versions, some of them have a new way to enter in recovery:
    -Old Way: Hold power + vol down, then, release and hold power + vol down again.
    -New Way: Hold power + vol down, then, release and hold vol up + vol down.

How D803 and L22 are available, if they're stuck on KK?
    -D803 is using D803 KK bootstacks, except by the modem, that is the same from D801, but, edited with D803 modem files.
    -L22 is using L22 KK bootstacks, except by the baseband, which is the same from D802, but, edited with L22 radio files.

Why Laf isn't giving secure booting error, if we're using LP version?
    -As everybody knows, until now, we were using KK Laf + KK Aboot. This was because new LP images have a new image signature. So, to make it boot on KK Aboot, I broke LP signature (Extracting the ramdisk and packing it again) and then I bumped it using open_bump.

More info about files: github.

DOWNLOADS:

Thanks to:
    - @Rashed97 , for all his work, and the original zip packages.
    - @Drgravy , for the updated bump packages, that I use as base.
    Issues & Requests:
    If you found a bug, want request a variant support, or even found a newer boot(aboot/modem/laf/etc...) file, you can request it HERE.
    If you want a quickly answer, I really recommend posting it there.

Attention! Devices stuck on JB will not be add! Ex: L-01F DOCOMO

ONLY FOR DEVS:

With my bootstacks (and others with KK aboot), roms can be more stock, than using old loki packages (With JB aboot).
    With KK aboot, we can:

Delete LCD hack script, and use stock CM boot flash way. (KK Aboot sets LCD type, by itself) (NO MORE PERMANENT LCD DAMAGE!)
    Use new tags_addr 0x00000100
    Delete cmdline entries: msm_rtb.filter=0x0 mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_g2_lgd_cmd (Aboot auto-sets it.)
    Revert this JB hack.

The good thing here, is that it'll not explode devices using old JB aboot, because these devices won't be able to boot these roms. (the new tags_addr makes JB bootloader stops until user restart it to recovery.)
    Attention: DON'T DO ANY OF THESE MODIFICATIONS ON RECOVERY! RECOVERIES MUST BE UNIVERSAL!
    UPDATE #3
    D800/D801/LS980/VS980: Update LAF to LP. (Bump)
    D800/LS980: Change images to binary. (.img -> .bin)

Next Laf update is for all the F320x variants. As I said on commit, it'll take a bit. (I explain it there)
    UPDATE #2:
    D802: Updated all LP files to 30f, and updated LAF (download mode) to LP (30f too).
    D805/6: Updated LAF (download mode) to LP (d805 30A) and translate it to portuguese. (d805 language.)
    Laf was modded to work with KK aboot, now it won't give you a secure error screen. (Broke LP signature + bump)

(LP LAF coming to all variants)
    UPDATE:
    -D805/6 devices files update to lollipop d805 release (30A).
    It unhacks the modem (Updated to latest version.), and let us to use d805 files instead using d802 ones.

Also, d805/6 users using my bootstacks + stock lollipop won't face gsm bugs anymore (losing signal, etc.). These users must use D802 kernels, as D805 kernels have a script that tries to fix gsm, but will mess our new modem.