[App]SendMyLocation - Update [2/12/2011]

Search This thread

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
9jzq5w.jpg

Sends SMS at intervals that includes your current GPS coordinate and location name/address/etc

i'vs been using this app for quite sometime now and decided to share it. it works perfectly for me and on my TD2 device. But it may not be for others. kindly post your comments. thanks.

Thank you to DavidTiger for his WMLocationInfo.dll file and Hara's GPS dll file

for more info head over to http://oldsap.blogspot.com/2011/02/sendmylocation.html

Update:
2/24/2011
- uploaded DecDeg2DecMin_Feb242011.zip. the xml files will now be saved in your Desktop PC's C:\xml folder

2/12/2011
- added option to send as email
when sending email, make sure your email is already setup and this uses email account 1 in your device
- added more interval time options (hour/day)
- saves sms and emails sent in \storage card\senymylocation\ folder

Attachments

• DecDeg2DecMin_Feb242011.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
Update:
2/12/2011
when sending email, make sure your email is already setup and this uses email account 1 in your device

Last edited:

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
Excellent app but one question when I set it all up do I press exit or just leave it running in the background.

4trackmind

Sep 22, 2007
Makati
KML and XML Files directory

11. Use DecDeg2DecMin.exe, click on CONVERT

TO POINTS

12. Choose the KML file you just created from

Google Earth and it wil automatiacally

convert it to an XML file
13. Copy the XML file to your device's

\Storage Card\SendMyLocation\XML folder
14. Done!

Hi sir charlie. after clicking convert to points, where would the converted file go? the kml file say, saved on my desktop would disappear and searching on my directory, cant seem to find the file, also the converted xml file. (i guess they would have the same filename)

iusauser

Nov 25, 2007
Acapulco
bit.ly
Great app!!

I noticed a pair of issues:

-Sometimes the app is not actioning. For example: the first time I installed the app (mail setting, 1 minute for testing purposes), only three times arrived the email with the coordinates. Soft reset and nothing, but open the app again, stopped the sender, restarted the sender, and It work fine, but not sure If this will happen another time.

-When my device is in sleep mode, at sending the email the screen turns on for few moments (in blank)

Requests:

Can you add a pair of thing for n0obs/lazy users like me? (they do not want to deal with xml files)

-The format of the coordinates in the email mesagge

Current:

2/22/11 2:54:23 AM @ No Data
LAT: 16.xxxxxxx, LON: -99.xxxxxxxx

Desired:
LAT/LON
16.xxxxxxx, -99.xxxxxxxx

This only for direct copy/paste this coordinates in
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

-Or even better: Can you add a clickeable link in the email, that positionates the location directly in Google Maps, via the default browser?
(I just tested it manually in Opera Mobile, and it works, but first need to access to "classic" site of Google Maps [not mobile])

Yes, there are a most advanced ways to use this useful app, but I think that in this way (positioning by means google maps, in the default browser PPC/PC) must be useful for noobs users like me :)

Best Regards

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
11. Use DecDeg2DecMin.exe, click on CONVERT

TO POINTS

12. Choose the KML file you just created from

Google Earth and it wil automatiacally

convert it to an XML file
13. Copy the XML file to your device's

\Storage Card\SendMyLocation\XML folder
14. Done!

Hi sir charlie. after clicking convert to points, where would the converted file go? the kml file say, saved on my desktop would disappear and searching on my directory, cant seem to find the file, also the converted xml file. (i guess they would have the same filename)

an XML Folder should appear inside the kml folder you were using.

Great app!!

I noticed a pair of issues:

-Sometimes the app is not actioning. For example: the first time I installed the app (mail setting, 1 minute for testing purposes), only three times arrived the email with the coordinates. Soft reset and nothing, but open the app again, stopped the sender, restarted the sender, and It work fine, but not sure If this will happen another time.

-When my device is in sleep mode, at sending the email the screen turns on for few moments (in blank)

Requests:

Can you add a pair of thing for n0obs/lazy users like me? (they do not want to deal with xml files)

-The format of the coordinates in the email mesagge

Current:

LAT: 16.xxxxxxx, LON: -99.xxxxxxxx

Desired:
LAT/LON
16.xxxxxxx, -99.xxxxxxxx

This only for direct copy/paste this coordinates in
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

-Or even better: Can you add a clickeable link in the email, that positionates the location directly in Google Maps, via the default browser?
(I just tested it manually in Opera Mobile, and it works, but first need to access to "classic" site of Google Maps [not mobile])

Yes, there are a most advanced ways to use this useful app, but I think that in this way (positioning by means google maps, in the default browser PPC/PC) must be useful for noobs users like me :)

Best Regards

Email sending error: i haven't fully tested this option so i'm not sure how to fix this error for now :)

Google Maps Link: yep i have another GPS app that sends a clickable link to open in the coordinates google maps. i'll incorporate this.

brunino1967

Mar 8, 2007
Bologna
an XML Folder should appear inside the kml folder you were using.

Sorry but I cannot see any XML folder, after conversion. I use a simple c:\temp\ folder in which I put "DecDeg2DecMin.exe" and the "filename.kml" (exported from Google Earth).

After pressing "Convert to POINTS" button, I select my filename.xml; then the program asks me if I want to convert another file (I answer "no"). Then the original "filename.kml" disappears and no xml file appears !

Last edited:

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
Sorry but I cannot see any XML folder, after conversion. I use a simple c:\temp\ folder in which I put "DecDeg2DecMin.exe" and the "filename.kml" (exported from Google Earth).

After pressing "Convert to POINTS" button, I select my filename.xml; then the program asks me if I want to convert another file (I answer "no"). Then the original "filename.kml" disappears and no xml file appears !

sorry about that. :)

2/24/2011
- uploaded DecDeg2DecMin_Feb242011.zip. the xml files will now be saved in your Desktop PC's C:\xml folder

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    9jzq5w.jpg

Sends SMS at intervals that includes your current GPS coordinate and location name/address/etc

i'vs been using this app for quite sometime now and decided to share it. it works perfectly for me and on my TD2 device. But it may not be for others. kindly post your comments. thanks.

Thank you to DavidTiger for his WMLocationInfo.dll file and Hara's GPS dll file

for more info head over to http://oldsap.blogspot.com/2011/02/sendmylocation.html

Update:
    2/24/2011

2/12/2011