[APP][2.2+]Floating Texts - A simple way to text - NEW

Search This thread

manuja95

Jan 12, 2013
Description:

Floating Texts is an app that lets you keep up with your SMS messages without having to stop what you are doing. You can continue your work and Floating Texts will display a popup with text messages on top of your applications so you can multi-task. If you choose to reply, you can reply within the popup and get back to your work!

Features:

- Display text messages on top of all apps
- Reply to texts instantly
- Swipe through multiple text messages
- Real-time updating texts
- Display text message after unlocking
- Turn on/off SMS popup
- Customize the popup duration
- Customize the popup color
- More!

Video Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMzDuwVWEzw

Link to Play Store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floats.floatingtexts

If Play store isn't available in your country, the apk is attached in this thread!

This is my first time making an app. Let me know how it is!

Attachments

• FloatingTexts.apk
    583.7 KB · Views: 3,044

The "A" Factor

Sep 13, 2011
Looks great!!!

But at times the UI looks a bit off-beat ...

Why don't you go for plain HOLO Style ???
Holo style looks sleek, also it will merge with rest of the Android Framework and this app will look as an integrated part of System!!!

Good Work & Keep Deving !!!

MSgtSimon

Sep 20, 2010
Brewster
jonathanjsimon.com
Description:

Floating Texts is an app that lets you keep up with your SMS messages without having to stop what you are doing. You can continue your work and Floating Texts will display a popup with text messages on top of your applications so you can multi-task. If you choose to reply, you can reply within the popup and get back to your work!

Features:

- Turn on/off SMS popup
- More!

Video Promo:

Link to Play Store:

If Play store isn't available in your country, the apk is attached in this thread!

This is really nice dude!

A few recommendations:

1. Stick to the standard Android UI, that is, Holo.
  2. Mark the SMS as read if the user replies to it.

n70shan

Jan 10, 2012
Lahore
Description:

Features:

- Turn on/off SMS popup
- More!

Video Promo:

Link to Play Store:

Sir, i have tested your app and many things to be mentioned here
Firstly the floating window doesnt show complete message and also doesnt not allow us to scroll message down to read more so how can we reply back without reading complete message.......
secondly the window sticks at upper side of the screen only please make it movable to other screen area if its possible.....and also make it more color full :D

ok now some information for your help......if you have ever checked CM for xperia devices they have created their own messaging app which is installed when we install CM that messaging app is called Mms.apk and this app is the most customisable and full of features messging app created to date in the history of android....in that app their is a option of pop up message (like your's idea) kindly check that you will come to know what i want to say.....you will get alot of things in that...you can even reply without unlocking screen...

BTW nice effort...... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: rsbear

SystemErrorOne

Jun 7, 2011
Jacksonville
Nifty Little App!

I have used this app and it runs perfect and smooth. No issues here. I did managed to click on the Play Store link and I saw the icon you where using and well... I decided to make you a new one. If you like it then hurray :laugh: if you dont then its fine :p

New Icon:

Let me know if you like the Red

If NOT i can make modifications to it.

10313731063_284262a93b.jpg

poeypresents

Jun 15, 2010
I couldn't get this to work on Samsung galaxy s4 running jelly beans build 7

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

manuja95

Jan 12, 2013
Anyone try this on TouchWiz yet, is it working?

It works on Samsung software. Infact, most users are using it on the s3 and s4. Please try and let me know if you have issues by posting here or emailing me directly to floatingsms@gmail.com

Firstly the floating window doesnt show complete message and also doesnt not allow us to scroll message down to read more so how can we reply back without reading complete message.......
secondly the window sticks at upper side of the screen only please make it movable to other screen area if its possible.....and also make it more color full :D

ok now some information for your help......if you have ever checked CM for xperia devices they have created their own messaging app which is installed when we install CM that messaging app is called Mms.apk and this app is the most customisable and full of features messging app created to date in the history of android....in that app their is a option of pop up message (like your's idea) kindly check that you will come to know what i want to say.....you will get alot of things in that...you can even reply without unlocking screen...

I have made it so that only the first 160 characters of the text message is shown (There is a 160 character sending limit on most sms applications) but I will work on it to display the entire text.

I am currently working on enabling to be flinged up and down the screen (kinda like Facebook Chat bubbles)! I will take a look at mms.apk

Thanks!

Can you please elaborate on the issue you are facing? If you like, please email me directly to floatingsms@gmail.com with the issue you are having and I hope I can help you.

Last edited:
Reactions: norml

norml

May 8, 2013
Gardena, CA
It works on Samsung software. Please try and let me know if you have issues by posting here or emailing me directly to floatingsms@gmail.com
Most definitely, thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

@manuja95 Working fine on TouchWiz, thanks for this app. I especially like it because it's not obtrusive. Maybe you can add adjustable window sizer so users can adjust it to their liking.:good:

marshygeek

Apr 3, 2012
One of the best mod ive ever experienced. Im a TW user and dont have the aosp stock messaging. Device running on stock rom coz there's not much development and what ive been missing in my past device is the halo. This is very helpful to me and to other users. Thank you very much!

manuja95

Jan 12, 2013
One of the best mod ive ever experienced. Im a TW user and dont have the aosp stock messaging. Device running on stock rom coz there's not much development and what ive been missing in my past device is the halo. This is very helpful to me and to other users. Thank you very much!

Most definitely, thanks!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

@manuja95 Working fine on TouchWiz, thanks for this app. I especially like it because it's not obtrusive. Maybe you can add adjustable window sizer so users can adjust it to their liking.:good:

Great! Glad to know you guys like it! Feel free to leave a feedback on the Play store so others can find it!

D

Deleted member 2086469

Hmm..looks nice! But doesn't work on CM10, and/or with Textra Messaging?

Can you help to look into it?

I'm currently on ProBAM 4.4.9/ Note 2/ Textra (SMS app)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:

Features:

- Turn on/off SMS popup
    - More!

Video Promo:

Link to Play Store:

Description:

Features:

- Turn on/off SMS popup
    - More!

Video Promo:

Link to Play Store:

This is really nice dude!

A few recommendations:

1. Stick to the standard Android UI, that is, Holo.
    2. Mark the SMS as read if the user replies to it.
    Nifty Little App!

I have used this app and it runs perfect and smooth. No issues here. I did managed to click on the Play Store link and I saw the icon you where using and well... I decided to make you a new one. If you like it then hurray :laugh: if you dont then its fine :p

New Icon:

Let me know if you like the Red

If NOT i can make modifications to it.

10313731063_284262a93b.jpg
    Description:

Features:

- Turn on/off SMS popup
    - More!

Video Promo:

Link to Play Store:

Anyone try this on TouchWiz yet, is it working?

It works on Samsung software. Infact, most users are using it on the s3 and s4. Please try and let me know if you have issues by posting here or emailing me directly to floatingsms@gmail.com

I have made it so that only the first 160 characters of the text message is shown (There is a 160 character sending limit on most sms applications) but I will work on it to display the entire text.

I am currently working on enabling to be flinged up and down the screen (kinda like Facebook Chat bubbles)! I will take a look at mms.apk

Thanks!

Can you please elaborate on the issue you are facing? If you like, please email me directly to floatingsms@gmail.com with the issue you are having and I hope I can help you.