G2 802 twrp won't install

Search This thread

kaimoo

Nov 5, 2013
Hello,

I've rooted my phone but I cannot get twrp to work, I tried it through flashify with version 2.7.0 and on reboot it comes up with a security error message then I need to reboot and it'll start as normal

I downloaded ota update yesterday and it rooted fine after the update but refueses to install twrp, I also can't boot into stock recovery at all - I read update from LG has stopped this from working.

I rooted my HTC one m7 before which was a lot more difficult but I can't seem to get a custom recovery going on the LG g2 802 UK version

Edit: I Got into standard recovery for the hard reset using volume up and down, I've just read the new kit Kat update will not allow custom recovery is this correct ? So now I'm rooted thanks to chainfire, I'd still like custom recovery though

kaimoo

Nov 5, 2013
What's that ? I had cwm on my HTC one m7.

I've followed all the online instructions to install twrp but my phone doesn't like it and it throughs up a small error but luckily didn't harm the phone. It appears that after the update it won't let me install any recovery. I'm worried if I try cwm on the g2 it'll brick it or I'll need to hard reset

Edit : I read up about autorec, so is it a case that the new kit Kat update won't let me install a custom recovery ? If so I'm in no rush and can wait for some clever dev to fix this

Last edited:

Kuoi

Aug 3, 2011
After you've installed the rom it is 'safe' to install autorec apk on it , and you'll have custom recovery .

kaimoo

Nov 5, 2013
It wasn't a custom Rom it was the ota uodate, is autorec just like twrp? I tried using twrp and flashify with no success .

To be honest I like the new kit Kat but I like custom recovery, when I rooted it actually booted into what looked like a custom recovery

kaimoo

Nov 5, 2013
Thanks, I'll read more into it.

Rooting this phone was simple, just annoying the custom recover hasn't been so simple.

Do yous recommend sticking with the new kk Rom or is there something better out

Edit: thanks 007, autorec worked perfectly and surprisingly easy compared my past devices .

Thanks again for taking the time to reply

Last edited:

kaimoo

Nov 5, 2013
I might try cyanogenMod, I really like this knew knock password thing with the new update though, CyanogenMod seems the most popular so it must be best

Top Liked Posts