CVE-2014-0973 Possible Bootloader Unlock???

Search This thread

LiLPurP

Feb 12, 2014
Thibodaux La
According to NighthawkXL it may benifit us, he says it looks good on paper, but implementing the exploit tk a device is a different ball game, i beleive it will help acheive an exploit for the samsung bootloader, but only time will tell

AT&T Galaxy S4 4.3 MK2 rooted with saferoot, safestrap recovery installed, Running Hyperdrive ROM, Praying for unlocked bootloader lol

Reactions: dmc2359

NighthawkXL

Mar 4, 2013
Florida
According to NighthawkXL it may benifit us, he says it looks good on paper, but implementing the exploit tk a device is a different ball game, i beleive it will help acheive an exploit for the samsung bootloader, but only time will tell

AT&T Galaxy S4 4.3 MK2 rooted with saferoot, safestrap recovery installed, Running Hyperdrive ROM, Praying for unlocked bootloader lol

Do take my statement with a grain of salt however. It'll probably be a few days before Surge & Co. make any statements regarding this exploit. The big question though is if this is Dan Rosenberg's TrustZone kernel exploit that he'll be showing off at Blackhat in August or if this something else in the code for LittleKernel.

Reactions: dmc2359

LiLPurP

Feb 12, 2014
Thibodaux La
I have been wondering that since i first saw it, guess we will have to wait and see, has anyone asked him about it, or has he commented at all on the subject?

LiLPurP

Feb 12, 2014
Thibodaux La
Thats is quite unfortunate, ive hear ppl say the same, but im not to sure what happened, would love to kno if u have time to pm me, but either way he is a great dev, and hopefully this is a great find

dmc2359

Aug 8, 2013
Something might get an unlock from this but not likely to be a Sammy device. Ryanbg, jeboo and myself all looked into it before finding out from a couple of highly reliable sources that Samsung devices aren't effected, including ralekdev (he also was the one who reported it).

Figured it was too good to be true. Looking forward to Blackhat and the things that might come from it. Thanks Surge and keep up the good work!!!!

LiLPurP

Feb 12, 2014
Thibodaux La
Anyone heard if development for the Kexec moduel on the s4 has made any progress?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Something might get an unlock from this but not likely to be a Sammy device. Ryanbg, jeboo and myself all looked into it before finding out from a couple of highly reliable sources that Samsung devices aren't effected, including ralekdev (he also was the one who reported it).

Do take my statement with a grain of salt however. It'll probably be a few days before Surge & Co. make any statements regarding this exploit. The big question though is if this is Dan Rosenberg's TrustZone kernel exploit that he'll be showing off at Blackhat in August or if this something else in the code for LittleKernel.
    Has anyone asked him about it, or has he commented at all on the subject?

I doubt it, and even so he'll likely decline to comment. He and XDA have had fallout of sorts...