I wonder if HTC Desire HD will ever come with 850/1900 Mhz bands for us Yanks!

Search This thread

FtrV8

Mar 27, 2010
Damn just saw the official specs and no support for US AT&T/Rogers Canada bands. Sucks!

SupremeBeaver

Jun 10, 2010
Nicosia
well to be fair this is Europe's first 4.3" android device. I've been waiting a year for it too. You guys in the west have two 4.3" android devices.

elrooster

Aug 30, 2007
From zdnet:

"Both of the new HTC handhelds are expected to start shipping to European and Asian markets in October, but North American fans are going to have to (unfortunately) wait until some unknown point “later this year.” On the bright side, there are only a few more months left of 2010, so the wait can’t be that long, right?"

FtrV8

Mar 27, 2010
Here is to hoping!!

From zdnet:

"Both of the new HTC handhelds are expected to start shipping to European and Asian markets in October, but North American fans are going to have to (unfortunately) wait until some unknown point “later this year.” On the bright side, there are only a few more months left of 2010, so the wait can’t be that long, right?"

daewond3r

Sep 3, 2009
Los Angeles
From zdnet:

Did they change it because it now reads:

"The new HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z will be broadly available through mobile operators and retailers across major European and Asian markets from October 2010 with the HTC Desire Z shipping in North America later this year."

Just the Z, no HD?

FtrV8

Mar 27, 2010
Well if you look at HTC's site for the specs on the Desire they list all Asian/Europe bands, but one can purchase the the Rogers HTC Desire and it will work on the AT&T network.

I am hoping the same happens with the Desire HD. Hope Rogers picks it up so AT&T customers can purchase that one.

Additionally I hope they aren't using ClearPad 2000 on it.

Droopie28

Aug 10, 2010
San Bruno, Ca
From zdnet:

If we have to wait for later this year... then im just going to wait til april when verizon rolls out their LTE's

schwags

Mar 17, 2006
Chicago
Yeah but not on AT&T. All we have is the Samsung Captivate and an outdated Dell Streak running 1.6 that you can only order through Dell. I am an HTC fan and if this could hop the pond to AT&T, I would be ecstatic.

Why don't you get the regular HTC Desire? I'm on AT&T, just got one of these, there are 3 models. The A8183 has US 3G bands. The phone is awesome!

schwags

Mar 17, 2006
Chicago
Ebay...its an A8183 though, not an 8182. I believe the 82 would work though too. About 650 plus shipping.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

madindehead

Apr 14, 2009
To be fair, the States has the Evo 4G...that's a 4.3" Android device. And it's very similar to the Desire HD.