[WIP][Xposed]GyroEmu-Accelerometer/Magnetometer fusion

Search This thread

Mourdraug

Jul 22, 2016
Gdansk
Hello,
Lots of devices from low to mid-end range don't have gyroscope installed, and thanks to that have AR capabilities severely decrased.
I'm working on Xpose module that uses Accelerometer and Magnetic Field Sensor to simulate Gyroscope output.

Module works by creating new Sensor instance and injecting it into SystemSensorManager sensor list after its constructor, so getDefaultSensor(Sensor.TYPE_GYROSCOPE) will return it.
Module registers then SensorEventListeners for accel and magnet sensors and does it's calculations on accelerometers update and calls onSensorChanged of listener that uses it.

I'm still working on calculating velocities properly and getting good quality noise-free output. I did some progress on this but it still does not work as intended. (rotation directions seem correct, or maybe are swapped or inverted, but that can by easily fixed, problem is with values, which are simply wrong.) Testing it is a problem though, since I don't own any device with actual gyro, so I'll be gratefull for any feedback.

xda won't let me post normal link yet, so here is repo: https://github.com/Mourdraug/GyroEmu/
And here is apk: https://github.com/Mourdraug/GyroEmu/raw/master/app/GyroEmu_0.1.apk

Last edited by a moderator:

veez21

Feb 22, 2016
Guess Where
Woah, i thought that was impossible. Continue bro, this'll be an interesting module..[emoji106]

Sent by a Cool Guy using XDA-Developers mobile app

Reactions: Suici Doga

Monksis

Dec 19, 2012
Tested it a little bit. Well, it's okay on my 1st gen. Moto G. Tried to create pano in Google Camera. Can move my phone only vertically. So no horizontal reaction at all.
Thanks for your work! Keep it going on!

jumpjack

May 7, 2007
Guys, does anybody of you know if there is a site listing ALL sensors mounted on smartphones? On all sites I only find partial, approximate and untrustable informations about this topic.

nileshlog

Feb 6, 2012
would be good for Moto X Play owners

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

as of now, doesnt work on Moto X Play. Rooted with xposed

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
Kinscreen, an app to keep screen on by positions and other related screen-on/screen-off functions, original complained about lack of gyro. Upgraded version got around this, works like a charm. Might have done the same as this module.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    Lots of devices from low to mid-end range don't have gyroscope installed, and thanks to that have AR capabilities severely decrased.
    I'm working on Xpose module that uses Accelerometer and Magnetic Field Sensor to simulate Gyroscope output.

Module works by creating new Sensor instance and injecting it into SystemSensorManager sensor list after its constructor, so getDefaultSensor(Sensor.TYPE_GYROSCOPE) will return it.
    Module registers then SensorEventListeners for accel and magnet sensors and does it's calculations on accelerometers update and calls onSensorChanged of listener that uses it.

I'm still working on calculating velocities properly and getting good quality noise-free output. I did some progress on this but it still does not work as intended. (rotation directions seem correct, or maybe are swapped or inverted, but that can by easily fixed, problem is with values, which are simply wrong.) Testing it is a problem though, since I don't own any device with actual gyro, so I'll be gratefull for any feedback.

xda won't let me post normal link yet, so here is repo: https://github.com/Mourdraug/GyroEmu/
    And here is apk: https://github.com/Mourdraug/GyroEmu/raw/master/app/GyroEmu_0.1.apk

Wow...outside the reference to the other project, your poor way of wording came off just plain rude and very discouraging to Mourdraug. At the least, without being so rude about it, you could've maybe just mentioned the other dev's module and included a link to the other dev's project. Just in case you didn't read Mourdraug's opening post at the top of this thread, he clearly stated that this new module "still does not work as intended" and that he's more or less working in the dark, due to the fact that he doesn't "own any device with actual gyro." Anyway, I've included part of his original post with the relevant quotes below in bold print.

I did some progress on this but it still does not work as intended. (rotation directions seem correct, or maybe are swapped or inverted, but that can by easily fixed, problem is with values, which are simply wrong.) Testing it is a problem though, since I don't own any device with actual gyro, so I'll be gratefull for any feedback.
    Woah, i thought that was impossible. Continue bro, this'll be an interesting module..[emoji106]

Sent by a Cool Guy using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Already such a module in repo
    Just use an app that reads your hardware so you are on the safe side :)
    I need to know BEFORE purchasing the phone!