[RECOVERY] CWM for the SK4G. Enjoy!

Search This thread

jomarxx

Aug 23, 2010
kissimmee, FL
You know my phone does the same thing, I just never ask. What I do is place it in one of my folders that actually pop up when I go into cwm..... I use my documents folder. once I open the folder all the zips show within that folder

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: izzy001

izzy001

Oct 10, 2009
La Feria Tx.
You know my phone does the same thing, I just never ask. What I do is place it in one of my folders that actually pop up when I go into cwm..... I use my documents folder. once I open the folder all the zips show within that folder

Thanks let me try that and see if it works

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
i'm getting an error in the stock recovery:

"E:failed to verify whole-life signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted"

what do i do?

shadowfox66

Jan 13, 2011
Lowell
still not working :/

Read this was asked and answered before

Sent From My Rooted Sidekick 4g XDA Premium App

I tried everything the posts here suggested and i still get the recovery issue :/ what am i supposed to do??

SOOO figured out that my system even though i mounted it read and write i had to redo it with the super manager thing to make it actually work but minor issue of a soft brick XC and nothing sseems to come up beside the tmobile sidkekick screen. no ability to goto download screen and no recovery screen just sits at sidekick 4G screen

Last edited:

bd1692

Oct 12, 2010
Miami,FL
hey teddy I just want to say thanks for that info I finall got into cwm now I'm on smooth honeycomb
you must have root,
and use a file explorer with root access to push the modded recovery.bin file from the OP to system/bin

if signature verification fails its cause you dont have the modded recovery file in system/bin

Sent from my SGH-T839 using XDA App

shadyxlx

Mar 11, 2010
anyone that can help me lol

hey its been along time since i rooted a phone and was looking at all the steps seemed overwhelmed but if anyone can help me out from the start i will greatly appreciate it :confused:

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
hey its been along time since i rooted a phone and was looking at all the steps seemed overwhelmed but if anyone can help me out from the start i will greatly appreciate it :confused:

Download SuperOneClick onto your computer. Go into your phones settings, then go to Applications > USB Settings and check "Mass Storage". Then hit back and got to Development and hit USB Debugging. Now open SuperOneClik on your.computer, plug the phone in wait for drivers to install (if needed) and then hit "Root"

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

shadyxlx

Mar 11, 2010
Download SuperOneClick onto your computer. Go into your phones settings, then go to Applications > USB Settings and check "Mass Storage". Then hit back and got to Development and hit USB Debugging. Now open SuperOneClik on your.computer, plug the phone in wait for drivers to install (if needed) and then hit "Root"

yeah i know how to use the superoneclick my goal is to get cwm and run the smooth max rom

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
yeah i know how to use the superoneclick my goal is to get cwm and run the smooth max rom

oh ok, download super manager from the market. Open the appband go into settings and enable root function. Then download the modded recovery file and the CWM file from this post (the ROM Manager one might work but im not sure so I would suggest this way, I don't have an sk4g but I just did this to my friends and don't remember which one worked) put CWM in the root of your sd and put modded recovery in /system/bin. DO NOT RENAME THE RECOVERY FILE. Then boot into recovery. You may haave to reinstall packages, I don't remember

LinuxAssailant

May 25, 2010
LG V20
Didn't work the 1s time, but retry after a wipe, and backup worked flawlessly.

Thank you!

Now for CM7?!?!??!?!?!!? hehehhehehee

Damn, I love are NINJAS! This is getting as easy as the Motorola's, yet unencrypted bootloaders! I am liking Samsung more daily!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Special thanks goes out to everyone who tested for me.

I do not have the device, so I rely heavily on testers to report any bugs.

Here is CWM for the SK4G.

You will need to modify your stock recovery binary to be able to use CWM.
    Kernel Devs can also compile CWM into their kernel by extracting the update.zip and building it into their initramfs.

To replace your stock recovery binary with the modified binary:
    download this file
    DEAD. USE BALI KERNEL
    Exatract and take the recovery binary file inside of it and use root explorer or adb push the file to /system/bin.
    DO NOT delete the current one there, or rename any files.
    Just overwrite it.
    I would however, recommend getting Android Commander from www.androidcommander.com It's a lot easier, and a lot more useful.

CWM Final
    DEAD. USE BALI KERNEL
    Place in the root of your SD.

You can now use Quick Boot from the market, or adb reboot recovery to boot into CWM

I have sent Koush the device tree to have the official update.zip supported within Rom Manager.

UNTESTED:
    You can also take the contents from the update.zip and replace the contents that are in noobnl's recovery rerouter/root.
    Again, I haven't tested that due to not having the device.
    I have integrated cwm with the oneclickroot script and zipped it all up here:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12704578/sk4g test oneclickroot.zip

to use:
    1. Enable Debugging on your phone (Settings>Applications>development>USB Debugging)
    2. unzip the .zip file above on your computer
    3. double click on the run.bat in that folder.
    Your phone will reboot into recovery at the end of the script.

I took out the rooting aspect of the script, so use SuperOneClick to root your phone before using this script, if you don't have root.
    now on Rom Manager thanks to Koush
    Steps:
    ODIN
    Root http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1348477
    Have update.zip on root of sd card.
    Boot into CMW.
    Install Update.zip
    Then check mounts
    Wipe and clear cache
    Flash rom
    Check mounts (make sure its unmount, mount, mount, unmount)

Follow exactly. Don't use rom manager to install cwm it causes problems.

Pm if u still can't get it!
    Don't Forget the Thanks Button :)
    Krylon, can you enable adb and su?

ro.secure=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    persist.service.adb.enable=1

yep, i'll do it tonight at work.