[Q] Difference between Clockworkmod Recovery.

Search This thread

kongmyy

Nov 4, 2008
The title says it all, I don't understand what is different between Clockworkmod Recovery 150mb, 250mb and 400mb? If I flash a 400mb recovery can I install a rom that requires 150mb? If I flash a 150mb can I install a rom that requires 400mb recovery?
In this thread, at the download section.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=908528
It says " 4.X is bigger then 2.X so you need at least a 390mb system partition. If you flashed the recovery with 360mb modded file, you have to reflash it again " How do I check the modded file size? and reflash what?

Marvlesz

Jun 28, 2010
Saudi Arabia
Hello,

The size speaks of itself. Some Roms (like Sense Roms) have lots of components which requires more space from your Internal Memory (NAND) . And others don't, (like MIUI and CM) . And if you flashed a 400mb Recovery you MAY be able to use a 150mb ROM on it but it's absolutely not recommended as the rom may malfunction. and when you try to use a 150mb recovery with a 400mb size rom it will not install . (even if it did, it will stick on a bootloop) .

You can check the modded size by checking flash.cfg (open with notepad)

Reactions: kongmyy

samsamuel

Nov 19, 2006
samsamuel.co.uk
The quoted size refers to the size system partition that is created, and the system partition must be big enough for the rom you flash.
Yes you can flash a small rom to a large partition with no side effects,,,BUT you lose the extra space. So a 150 Meg rom on a 250meg partition results in 100meg totally wasted. A 250meg rom won't flash to a 150 partition.
If the rom doesn't tell you what size to use, extract the system folder from the ..zip, and see how big it is, (right click-properties) and add a few Meg.

Reactions: kongmyy

likewei92

Jan 27, 2011
Yep just choose the size based on what ROM you want to install. You should check the individual ROM threads for instructions. And just btw I found this HD2 toolkit thing very useful. It allows you to repartition to any custom size you want (not only 150, 250 or 400 Mb), among many other things.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1090783

mmob18

Aug 3, 2012
Hello,

The size speaks of itself. Some Roms (like Sense Roms) have lots of components which requires more space from your Internal Memory (NAND) . And others don't, (like MIUI and CM) . And if you flashed a 400mb Recovery you MAY be able to use a 150mb ROM on it but it's absolutely not recommended as the rom may malfunction. and when you try to use a 150mb recovery with a 400mb size rom it will not install . (even if it did, it will stick on a bootloop) .

How do you downgrade the mb? Like I installed a 250 mb cwm and I want to revert to 150 mb... How do I do it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

The quoted size refers to the size system partition that is created, and the system partition must be big enough for the rom you flash.
    Yes you can flash a small rom to a large partition with no side effects,,,BUT you lose the extra space. So a 150 Meg rom on a 250meg partition results in 100meg totally wasted. A 250meg rom won't flash to a 150 partition.
    If the rom doesn't tell you what size to use, extract the system folder from the ..zip, and see how big it is, (right click-properties) and add a few Meg.