[ INFO ] Links to Get you Started Working with Android

Search This thread

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Ok so I've gotten a few ( quite a few ) PM's about wanting to get started doing some " Dev " type stuff. Since I'm not the even close to the being able to teach :p . I'll do the next best thing I can. I'll Link you guys to Guides, Tools, and anything I can think of that you may need to get going in the right direction. Just remember READ, READ, and READ some more. Don't be afraid to use the search feature ;) . Oh and BTW this is just the ones I know of, and can think of right now ( It's been a long day ). If anyone else knows of any feel free to post up. I know I'm forgetting stuff. I'll change the OP as it needs to be adjusted.

One last thing. Although by all means I encourage you hitting the THANKS Button for the Links :) . I would also remind you to hit the THANKS Button for the authors of the Guides Linked. They put a lot of work and Effort into them, and I'm sure they would appreciate it :) .

Thank you Gentleman for the suggestions and Additions to the Links. It is much Appreciated.

A Chronicled History of Android Operating System

Android Terms, Slang & Definitions

ADB Workshop and Guide for everyone

What Is ClockworkMod Recovery And How To Use It On Android

Noob Guide To Set File Permission's

How To Use Titanium Backup For Android

Noob Guide To Set File Permission's

How To Logcat

Android CPU governors explained

SetCpu guide on how to use

dsixda's Android Kitchen

TUT for NOOB editing updater-script for noobs!

Beginners Guide to Android ROM Development

How to use Apktool Apk manager Baksmali and Adb

Android Utility - [apktool|dex2jar|smali|more][Mac & Linux]

Jar/Apk baksmali smali compiler and decompiler

Better Draw9patch Program

UOT ( Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen )

Building Your First Kernel

APKtool

M10 Tools

M10 Virtuous Ten Studio

APK Manager

Last edited:

sixxt9

Sep 14, 2011
Reynoldsburg, OH
Much appreciated. I'm nowhere ready to start on any significant dev work, but i'd like to try my hand at it after the first of the year. I know the basic basic basic basics of programming in general and i can follow logic well enough, its just time consuming to sit down and actually try it out. But i absolutely love the shift and would love to see things continue with it.

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
I would also link to baksmali & dot9 compiler, don't have links handy right now since I'm at work

Sent from my HTC Evo Shift using xda app-developers app

Reactions: livis n fur

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Thanks :) . Added them to the OP. But if you know of better ones, let me know ;).

The best Linux tool I've used is by Tommytomatoe called android-utility and I'm almost sure there is a mac version.

Has adb functions to push and pull,a logcat function uhm will do apks and jar files.

Another Linux tool I've tried was something along the lines of studio android and the last I checked that tool would set ones Linux box up to compile from source in a gui I'm guessing something like lithids.

Maybe a Windows tool to have would be win merge if it let's you compare text files and directory's to see what's different

Sent from my miTouch-4G-Slide using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: prboy1969

Top Liked Posts