[Kernel][CM11]Vatsal's Kernel {Testers required}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Abhinav1997

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jul 29, 2012
I am getting a status 7 error while installing the rom via your kernel bro.. :confused:

ROM theard- http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2602727

i re-downloaded the Rom and re flashed it again but still a status 7 error,:eek:
BUT While installing the rom via mike cm-11 kernel it worked perfectly and i dint got any error while flashing via mike's kernel. :good:

It could be a get prop error. Remove the assert lines from updater script and then try to flash.

Cheers,
AJ

Reactions: mustufa_kheroda

azzazelium

Mar 11, 2013
samarinda
FYI

just for your info: I can not just change the kernel if I want to go back on ics its stuck on cwm header I even get softbrick with kappa kernel or extended stock so you maybe have to flash 587 fw first before flashing you cwm backup. it didn't hapen with other 4.4.2 kernel.

V

Vatsal

just for your info: I can not just change the kernel if I want to go back on ics its stuck on cwm header I even get softbrick with kappa kernel or extended stock so you maybe have to flash 587 fw first before flashing you cwm backup. it didn't hapen with other 4.4.2 kernel.

Its not this kernel issue . This issue is present in LX too. I myself experienced. Solution is go to cwm from my kernel and perform all wipes (system, data, cache,dalvik, factory reset) and power off ur phone from recovery. Fastboot the kernel of ur choice and boot into recovery. 100% the recovery will work ;)

Cheers,
Vatsal

azzazelium

Mar 11, 2013
samarinda
Its not this kernel issue . This issue is present in LX too. I myself experienced. Solution is go to cwm from my kernel and perform all wipes (system, data, cache,dalvik, factory reset) and power off ur phone from recovery. Fastboot the kernel of ur choice and boot into recovery. 100% the recovery will work ;)

Cheers,
Vatsal

well, I think this problem coming from partition layout it means its 'normal' ;D don't you think? thanx for fast respond.

karandpr

Senior Mod | DC Lead | MC
Staff member
Feb 20, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi 4a
Nokia 6.1 Plus (Nokia X6)
:/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/
Whenever you are changing kernels with different partition layouts it's mandatory to erase system and userdata...This is different from "formatting via recovery"...

Also formatting via CWM is meaningless statement since your phone goes into Catch22 loop.

Without erasing you can't boot to cwm and without cwm you can't format .

Use fastboot to erase system and userdata before switching kernel layouts.

Commands
Code:
fastboot erase system
fastboot erase userdata
It doesn't matter when you flash boot image(before or after erasing)

nilraj0143

Oct 17, 2012
Pune
for xperia mini plzz

plzz send me link for my xperia mini.. i want krenel for cm11 xperia mini plzz guys help mee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll put that up sir in sometime. I forgot. I am sorry.. The source is same as that of Mike except defconfig is added. Do i upload just defconfig and will it be fine as per GPLv2?

Cheers,
    Vatsal

Just fork his source and commit your changes. Would be easier ;)

Cheers,
    AJ

MOD EDIT: yep what he said^^^^^^ then put a link in the OP :D
    Toledo_JAB
    :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/ :/
    Whenever you are changing kernels with different partition layouts it's mandatory to erase system and userdata...This is different from "formatting via recovery"...

Also formatting via CWM is meaningless statement since your phone goes into Catch22 loop.

Without erasing you can't boot to cwm and without cwm you can't format .

Use fastboot to erase system and userdata before switching kernel layouts.

Commands
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot erase userdata
    It doesn't matter when you flash boot image(before or after erasing)
    Hi, please build for smultron(Xperia Mini).
    Thank you dev!
    Can you add new io schedulers and governors in the next release?

Sent from my Xperia Live with Walkman using xda app-developers app
    Thread closed at the request of the OP