[Q] Verizon S4: Keyboard mic doesn't pause music since Kitkat update? Help?

Search This thread

TJNoff

Jun 14, 2011
Virginia
Since the OTA Kitkat (4.4.2) update of my stock Verizon Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545), when I use the voice-to-text microphone button (Google voice typing) on the stock Samsung keyboard, it does not pause music played by Play Music or Pandora as it used to. I've been through troubleshooting with Samsung and VZW Support, including:

- Clearing cache for S Voice, Google Voice, Samsung Keyboard

- Testing in Safe Mode

- Performing a hard reset of the device

The music pauses for half a second and resumes with the mic active... not cool when listening to music and want to use voice to answer a text message.

VZW last said they want to discuss replacing the phone, but before I go down that rabbit hole, does anyone have any ideas on what to check or change to fix this?

Skipjacks

Nov 1, 2011
Baltimore
Since the OTA Kitkat (4.4.2) update of my stock Verizon Galaxy S4 (SCH-i545), when I use the voice-to-text microphone button (Google voice typing) on the stock Samsung keyboard, it does not pause music played by Play Music or Pandora as it used to. I've been through troubleshooting with Samsung and VZW Support, including:

- Clearing cache for S Voice, Google Voice, Samsung Keyboard

- Testing in Safe Mode

- Performing a hard reset of the device

The music pauses for half a second and resumes with the mic active... not cool when listening to music and want to use voice to answer a text message.

VZW last said they want to discuss replacing the phone, but before I go down that rabbit hole, does anyone have any ideas on what to check or change to fix this?

You are in the wrong forum.

Here is the forum for your device.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4-verizon