I'LL PAY SOMEONE $$$ for

Search This thread

crimedave1987

Jul 10, 2009
Maryland
rooting my (htc mytouch 4g slide with this software

i want to run a full stable 2.2.3 FROYO or (prefer) GINGERBREAD 2.3.4

I DONT WANT SCENE I HATE SCENE MAKES ITS SLOWER

so REMEMBER gain s-off and get one of these AOS's in and ill pay!!

HERES THE SPECS

Doubleshot PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.45.0013
MICROP-0353
eMMC-boot
Nov 21 2011,20:20:47

**MY BOOTLOADER IS UNLOCKED**

AOS: 2.3.4 ("GINGERBREAD")
HTC SCENE VER: 3.0
SOFTWARE NUMBER: 1.55.531.3

KERNEL VERSION:
2.6.35.13-ge4be2bc
htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
SMP PREEMPT Thu Nov 17 18:32:14 CST 2011

Baseband Version:
11.59.3504.00U_11.16.3504.20_2

Build Number:
1.55.531.3 CL210454 release-keys

Browser Version:
WebKit/533.1

please email me at: crimedave1988@comcast.net

android_gingerbread_launched-small.jpg

Android-22-Froyo-released-to-manufacturers.jpg

Last edited:

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
well.... We have just got great news - KERNEL source was released for our GB base ROM. So now either JParker or another talented developer might be able to create fixes/ a new kernel for our CM7, thus making a AOSP GB 2.3.4 ROM available. i don't think you'll see anyone create a FroYo build ever again, so this CM7 kernel fix will be your best shot at a AOSP GB ROM unless someone else was waiting on this kernel source to create a pure AOSP base..

Bottom Line: wait a few days/weeks for our newly published kernel to be taken advantage of by our talented developers.

BTW: We're a community here on XDA so you need not pay anyone money as others will also tell you, you just need to ask us if you need help with something in particular on your phone and we can help you through any problems you have - even rooting - just by asking.

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
^^^ +1
There are donate buttons for the devs that helped you get what you wanted, but there is no bounty or "I'll pay you if you do this" here. Services are not paid anywhere on XDA. Only appreciated in various ways

crimedave1987

Jul 10, 2009
Maryland
yes your right but its just people dont like giving out exact detail like this is a perfect example for giving perfect details and thers not that many people doing that anymore

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1286324

thats why i give upon trying to root im risking myself on damaging the phone might as well ask someone to do it for me but thanks anyways so CoNsPiRiSiZe basically is this gonna work for my version and have a fully function stupid fast stable AOSP GINGERBREAD 2.3.4?

gtmaster303

Oct 19, 2010
yes your right but its just people dont like giving out exact detail like this is a perfect example for giving perfect details and thers not that many people doing that anymore

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1286324

thats why i give upon trying to root im risking myself on damaging the phone might as well ask someone to do it for me but thanks anyways so CoNsPiRiSiZe basically is this gonna work for my version and have a fully function stupid fast stable AOSP GINGERBREAD 2.3.4?

The guides here are pretty direct. I don't see how you can mess it up. They even have step by step videos on how to root and S-Off the 4G Slide; just search for it.
And if you're scared of damaging your phone, you shouldn't be rooting. As always, there is a risk with modifications, and it comes with the territory.
But to be very honest, I have never bricked any of the 5 different android phones I've rooted over the past 2 years. It's very hard to mess something up if you follow along step by step. There's very little "grey area" in the world of technology. It either works, or it doesn't

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
The guides here are pretty direct. I don't see how you can mess it up. They even have step by step videos on how to root and S-Off the 4G Slide; just search for it.
And if you're scared of damaging your phone, you shouldn't be rooting. As always, there is a risk with modifications, and it comes with the territory.
But to be very honest, I have never bricked any of the 5 different android phones I've rooted over the past 2 years. It's very hard to mess something up if you follow along step by step. There's very little "grey area" in the world of technology. It either works, or it doesn't

Or use the noob program

Typed by ---- oh wait! I'm schizophrenic!