[Q] USB OTG on Desire X

Search This thread

rouckas

Nov 1, 2012
Hi,
does anybody know, whether USB OTG is supported by Desire X? I assume it is not supported by the stock system, but can I expect the support to be added by some custom system?

Regards,
Stepan

infernal77

Oct 18, 2012
There is an app in Google Play that allows to check your phone's capability of USB OTG or USB Host Mode, but I couIdn't test it with my Desire X, because I don't have any USB peripherals with a micro-usb connector. The app only says there are "classes" found (don't ask me what that means) that seem to support it. I couldn't see anything in the manual about it either.

The One X doesn't even have USB OTG with the kernel it uses now, but they might enable it in a future kernel update (read that somewhere).

Your best bet is to contact HTC support and ask them straight out.

Reactions: rouckas

zeus2602

Dec 31, 2010
Wels
I tested the app.
The Kernel is not supporting USB Hosting. (It`s only a Software issue, i think)

Hopefully the update will bring this feature.

nlooooo

Oct 29, 2011
Nis
S4 Play on MSM8225 doesn't support OTG. Just go on Qualcomm site and you can see it.

josephjdrew

Jan 24, 2013
Sydney
A bit late....

Hahaha I am a bit late on this one, but all aspects of USB OTG are functional on the Desire X w/ stock and some custom roms. This includes storage, keyboard/mouse, gamepads and much much more. Works flawlessly, and better than the Nexus 7 2013 on Stock can manage (no usb storage support!) One of the reasons I switched to CM 11 on my Nexus.

dansou901

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2012
Aachen
OnePlus 5
OnePlus Nord
Hahaha I am a bit late on this one, but all aspects of USB OTG are functional on the Desire X w/ stock and some custom roms. This includes storage, keyboard/mouse, gamepads and much much more. Works flawlessly, and better than the Nexus 7 2013 on Stock can manage (no usb storage support!) One of the reasons I switched to CM 11 on my Nexus.

The thing is, USB OTG works only from Android version 4.1 and newer. 4.0 has no OTG support.

filipcar

Jun 17, 2013
Belgrade
How come when I try to connect a ps3 controller it doesn't work but USB storage does work.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is an app in Google Play that allows to check your phone's capability of USB OTG or USB Host Mode, but I couIdn't test it with my Desire X, because I don't have any USB peripherals with a micro-usb connector. The app only says there are "classes" found (don't ask me what that means) that seem to support it. I couldn't see anything in the manual about it either.

The One X doesn't even have USB OTG with the kernel it uses now, but they might enable it in a future kernel update (read that somewhere).

Your best bet is to contact HTC support and ask them straight out.