mini SD wi-fi card for Treo 750

Search This thread

pschmidt63

May 4, 2006
Anyone know where I can get a mini sd wifi card for the treo 750?

Preferably in the USA as that is where I live.

Thanks

phil

Ronv

Nov 2, 2004
Israel
I'm using the SDW-822 card by SPECTEC.

Working great ,
Download the new driver from their web site .it will work great with your Treo.

lan_xda

Mar 6, 2004
I'm using the SDW-822 card by SPECTEC.

Working great ,
Download the new driver from their web site .it will work great with your Treo.

I have the same card and I installed the latest driver (Treo750); however when screen switches off (i.e. Treo goes to "stand-by") and then switches on again, wifi connection icon stays there BUT it does not work any longer.

The only way to restablish a working connection is to pull-out and reinsert the card: is it the same for you?

Thank you.

lan_xda

Mar 6, 2004
I reviewed the miniSD version on Gear Diary and found similar problems. The latest driver off the Spectec site fixed my issues.

Does it mean that now, when your Treo is wifi connected, stays connected also when screen goes off then on again? (sorry for my English, hope you can understand my question).

Could you please post the direct link to the latest driver (just to check if I downloaded the right one...).

Thank you very much.

xmen06

Sep 23, 2006
Nizza
hi,
i used to have your problem
but i solved it, i have change the power setting in settings->backlight and unchecked turn off backlight.. and you will never loose your wifi connection again.

jc240

Dec 10, 2006
I'm not sure if you all have 3G access, but have you noticed that the wifi doesn't seem to be that much faster than 3G. I know there might be other factors involved, but this is what I have noticed.

iNiels

May 17, 2007
i am looking for the latest driver for the card. The website driver isnt working for me. Imust reset al the time to get it working.
Can anyone help me with the right driver?

thanks

miloszz

Apr 21, 2007
I also have to reset device to get card seen :/

Btw, I have big problem with vpn connection over wifi. Wifi connects without problems and I get vpn connecting too. But everytime I'm doing anything that needs resolving addresses, vpn disconnects :( I can only use programs that are using direct ip, not symbolic name...

GaryN5PHT

Oct 6, 2007
Treo750 on wi-fi

A little late but now got the answer that sure worked for me.

First, buy the SDW-822 (ordered from Amazon).
Second, download and install only from the Spectec site the WM5 driver.
Third, use the .cab files and instructions found here:
http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/disableproxy/
Fourth, enjoy WI-FI.

It works great for me at the time. I hope that making the registry change back and forth is not a big deal? The cab files above do the job for you and I just keep them in my 'my documents' folder for ready use depending on if I am on Media Net or WI-FI.

Gary