*** skyrocket ics port q&a ***

Search This thread

krazygreen

I have done factory data reset, wiped cache and dalvik cache and formatted system, data, and cache. I still cannot get this to boot. It shows the Samsung screen, then a second samsung screen. It does this a few times and then goes to an energy star screen. Then it starts the whole cycle over again.

Please help! Thanks!

Did you do a darkside superwipe? I've attached the zip to this post

These are the exact steps I followed and I've been running it without a hiccup for a few weeks now -

Do a nandroid backup (Do it again even if you've already backed up)

reboot recovery (follow these steps below in recovery)
go to mounts and storage-
wipe system, data, cache
back to main menu
wipe data factory reset
wipe cache
Run Darkside SuperWipe

Install zip from sdcard

Reboot

You should be ready to go

Attachments

• DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Reactions: catpaws

catpaws

Aug 28, 2008
Did you do a darkside superwipe? I've attached the zip to this post

These are the exact steps I followed and I've been running it without a hiccup for a few weeks now -

Do a nandroid backup (Do it again even if you've already backed up)

reboot recovery (follow these steps below in recovery)
go to mounts and storage-
wipe system, data, cache
back to main menu
wipe data factory reset
wipe cache
Run Darkside SuperWipe

Install zip from sdcard

Reboot

You should be ready to go

Thanks a ton! I had not done the darkside superwipe. I'm not sure what it does that wiping everything in recovery didn't do, but it must have done something because it's booting now. Thanks also for attaching the zip.

Now just waiting 5 mins to start playing with it!

RikkKeith

Oct 10, 2011
Utah
Much better than I expected!

I don't post much, even though I've been coming here for a year (always find what I'm looking for I guess). I just wanted to say to anybody who's a little hesitant in trying out ICS...WOW, I'm impressed with this port. I just followed all the normal steps to flash: wipe data/factory reset, wiped all caches, ran TDJs SuperWipe and M&S's Kernel Cleasner...flash ROM and wait the given rest time before messing with it.

Reading through a lot of posts, I wasn't sure what kind of experience I was going to have. I've made a few phone calls...NO echo, GPS locked within seconds, my Facebook pictures have all synced up with my contacts. Gallery seems fine, root is working. I've changed my lock screen wallpaper with no issues, but I do use widget locker. My speeds seem great both on wifi and the mobile network. And it sleeps, which I had a problem with one of the others not. And all in all...battery is pretty damn good. No forced closures or anything real wonky. I'm not sure why some people have certain issues, and some of them major while others don't. I do think the SuperWipe and Kernel Cleasner are very important steps though! I always do both.

Now I've only been running this for several hours, so I'm sure something will come up, it is a beta....but totally doable as a DD. So if your thinking about testing the waters, I think you come to the right place/port/ROM.

Cant wait to see what you do next.....very impressed!:D And loving ICS!

Racing19969

Aug 11, 2011
Columbus
www.cell-dr.com
Thanks RikkKeith. Now to make you even happier... Just posted a new UPDATE in the Development section. New ROM is based off the new UCLD2 Leak... Even faster... Camera and Recording Works, Smoother Scrolling and animations... and all the goodness from this rom....

Reactions: RikkKeith
Apr 7, 2012
tucson
Flash back to stock unrooted rom with odin...it should replace everything..ive soft bricked my phone a couple times where it wouldnt pass the second samsung logo and would go black ..everytime this has happened ive done a stock reset than rooted the phone and so on...should work for you...files and everything you need are in dev section...recover from bad flash...hope this works

illsellyoursoul

Feb 7, 2011
Thanks a ton! I had not done the darkside superwipe. I'm not sure what it does that wiping everything in recovery didn't do, but it must have done something because it's booting now. Thanks also for attaching the zip.

Now just waiting 5 mins to start playing with it!

I've been experiencing this problem with sky ics, nexus mod, IML74K_Ics_Perfection II.

The thing is all the first ICS roms boot fine on my phone, even IML74K_Ics_Perfection RC and RC2.

I'm no freaking clue whats going on :(

May 9, 2008
Help!!! Strange Modem Issues

OK. This is the second time this has happened:
I am not a Dev, but not a NOOB either. (Been rooting and flashing since the G1).

I flashed my Tmobile SGS2 to Raver's BlackEdition build no issues. (other than known bugs), but I go to IML74K_Ics_Perfection II, or anything with racer's kernel, and it borks the modem. I followed the directions, using kernel Cleanser, Superwipe, and so on.. Here is what I see

I cannot connect to the tower in my home town (We only have edge here). I drive to the next town over, it registers on the network.

I have tried flashing a new modem, reflshing back to GB (after wiping like crazy) tried reflashing ICS with the Blaze ICS modem afterwards. This is the second SGS2 that has done this. I even tried ODIN Back to stock

My SIM works fine in other dumb phones and Android Phones.

Please help...

oldmoney

Sep 15, 2010
Hey racer, how would I force wcdma instead of it using gsm/wcdma auto as default? Looked but can't fond the option.

Thank you for this beast too btw!

Sent from my toaster

by dialing *#2236# I think. then choose wcdma 1700

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

by dialing *#2236# I think. then choose wcdma 1700

I mean *#2263#

philliesfan

Jan 19, 2011
Philly
Hi guys, just got my sgs2 last tuesday. Previously had a vibrant which I loved, they also had an awesome ICS community with stable ROMs, based off the i9000 leak I believe?

I've tried NexusMOD but had no luck with it. Used both versions of CWM touch, the open and 5.8.13 and couldnt get a stable build. Reboot and shutdown were hanging up.

Then I tried TDJ's warfare and evo with CWM 5.0.2.7. Both flashed flawlessly and worked great. The only thing with the evo, which I'm assuming is based off the skyrocket port is the call echo. I know a bunch of people in that thread have no echo whatsoever, tdj included. But others do, I flashed multiple time hoping it would go away but no luck.

I'm back on warfare with Eugene's streamline kernel and it works perfect. Smooth, fast and perfect calling. Yaldak released his echo killer and I'm wondering if anyone has a similar situation as mine. I'd like to try evo again with the yaldak fix, but not willing to redo my environment again since I do need a working phone for work, life, etc.

Has anyone tried it with good results?

Thanks in advance

Mister_On

Apr 25, 2012
Chicago
Google Talk problems

When I log in to Google Talk, it shows my friend list but no one shows as being online when they are online according to my computer.

Is anyone else having this problem?

uwantjosh

Dec 18, 2011
Advance data restore

Im in a bootloop I tried to do an advance data restore from gm to this rom. how to i go about retrieving my data and keep using this rom?

lodk

Sep 1, 2010
East coast
I found a work around of the wallpaper zooming issue, I found if you go to apex setting and home screen settings scroll down to the wallpaper section you will see wallpaper mode turn it to single screen this will keep it a nice size but wont scroll with you home screen. I did this with apex launcher V1.1.1

Great job on this rom I love it and its the best I have used personaly :D

Racing19969

Aug 11, 2011
Columbus
www.cell-dr.com
Thanks Lodk.

Just an update... I have a new riff box ordered and it should be in on monday or tuesday. I have been working on the new leak and once I get my new box and jtag my phone I should possibly have a new rom up by next weekend...

jeremyjojo

May 19, 2010
FLashing messsing up my sim card via DARK SIDE EVOLUTION ROM

ok guys check this out I have been flashing roms for about two years I flashed the Darkside evolution beta 2 rom along with the radio that was with it and the kernal I followed all the steps that was listed. once my flashing I couldnt receive text messages and all my calls went directly to voicemail. I am sure I did something wrong but what did I too????

Racing19969

Aug 11, 2011
Columbus
www.cell-dr.com
ok guys check this out I have been flashing roms for about two years I flashed the Darkside evolution beta 2 rom along with the radio that was with it and the kernal I followed all the steps that was listed. once my flashing I couldnt receive text messages and all my calls went directly to voicemail. I am sure I did something wrong but what did I too????

What does this have to do with my port?

Please post your question in the correct Q&A

1brainsurgeon

Apr 7, 2011
Gig Harbor

You could always trade your tmobile version in for sprints version. Devs are excited to help you in any way they can. I can promise you won't be getting that kind of answer.

OP take a look at the guys post number. Good Lord!

Edit: To try and answer your question, although I don't have tmobiles version. If you have ever opened a google voice account, you might want to deactivate it. It could be that easy

Last edited:

Racing19969

Aug 11, 2011
Columbus
www.cell-dr.com
1brainsurgeon: And you post this almost a month after the fact. His question was answered in a pm and the Mods here were really cracking down on people posting in the wrong threads. EVEN NEW USERS...

nellycruzz

Oct 24, 2011
rowlett,tx
really odd

I had the skyrocket flashed all was good but the random reboot I had to flash to something else. I flashed the 0715 aokp build and now it will boot up but so slowww!! And the system after booting up: s dragging horribly!! Please help!! What do I need to do to get aokp ics working coming from the skyrocket paranoid!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please post your questions and answers regarding my port here....

UPDATE: 5/24/2012

Won't be doing any work on this for a while. Phone got run over and can't afford a new one right now. Using my SGS4G as a backup until I can get a good price on an s2 or possibly a new S3.

UPDATE 4/5/2012

Good News is I got my phone back from JTAG repair... BAD NEWS is they messed up my usb port. Phone boots and all but I have no way to charge it.. When I plug it in it flashes a warning saying Battery is too hot or too cold, charging has been canceled. Was able to get in download mode and did a wipe to see if maybe it was a firmware issue but it did not help. Went back to download mode to see if I could flash a new boot.img and get this error:

Claiming interface... Failed. Attempting to detach driver...
    Claiming interface again... Success
    Setting up interface... Success
    Beginning session...
    Failed to initialise usb communication!
    Re-attaching kernel driver...

Now my battery is completely dead so I can't try anything until I can get an external charger if they make one... will update as I can

UPDATE 3-28-12 5:24 p.m. est

For those of you who keep sending me PM's asking to test...

Go to the thread in the Development forum and download it. The Thread was closed but links are still active.

UPDATE #2 3-28-12

I won't be able to work on this for a few days.
    Bricked my phone working on a different kernel and modem.
    Will send it out for jtag repair and have it back sometime next week hopefully...

Guess I will jump back to the sgs4g forum and work there for a few days.. Have that phone with unbrickable mod...

If anyone knows if unbrickable mod is available for this phone let me know.
    I Have no problem tearing it apart and performing the mod.

Update 4/1/12 Turning down in call volume will cut down on in call echo.

Thanks
    Moderaters are working on that thread i guess. Do you have link?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

http://www.4shared.com/zip/t-6_CgWt/Superuser-307-efghi-signed.html

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
    I wanted to share how I flashed which worked perfectly.

Flashed:
    [1] Made TB of all apps
    [2] Rebooted in CWR
    [3] Nandroid backup
    [4] Wipe Data Factory reset
    [5] Wipe Dalvik Cache
    [6] Flashed samsung_ultimate_kernel_cleaning_script_by_lippol94
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1166954
    [7] Flashed DarkSide Super Wipe
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1477955
    [8] Flashed Rom
    [9] Reboot Phone
    [10] Let sit about 10 minutes after reboot was fully done
    [11] Rebooted again so data started to work (takes second reboot)
    [12] Once 2nd reboot was done I gave it another 5 mintues before I messed with it.

Bugs or non-bugs:

[1] Camera worked perfect
    [2] Google play worked perfect, downloaded on data and wifi and had no issues.
    [3] Skype went crazy. I installed new beta but after it auto updated with the dragon add-on it went postal, caused messaging to stop functioning and ultimately I just started over with flashing
    [4] Superuser had and gave root access to all apps, I did not have to reflash. On initial setup i just opened su, went to preference, su binary and clicked update anyways making sure I clicked "allow".
    [5] I was able to change wallpaper from gallery on screen and lockscreen with no issues as reported by others.
    [6] I did have echo from caller point of view, wife helped, speaker on had no issues. I was not able to try the fix as posted above.
    [7] tethering worked perfect
    [8] I had no delay on dialer or phonebook
    [9] Apex launcher worked awesome
    [10] I had no issues removing att crap with TB, it uninstalled fine

Hope that helps some. My install steps are very excessive but I have done those steps on all roms and never had any issues.
    Just wanted to post and Update on the kernel issue. I have now verified that the rotation issue is specific to just the boot.img I did this by flashing back to stock gingerbread and flashing my port kernel and it gives me the rotation problem in gingerbread. So now I am going to try and tear it, and the gingerbread stock kernel apart and see what I am able to change. Will update if I make any finds....
    +1 on Xperties advice... When I first created the rom and flashed it I had alot of the issues people are having...

I then Wiped then double wiped then Darkside wiped and cleared dalvik and that made a huge difference. I think most of the issues that are coming up are because people are not wiping the phone good enough. Follow the above instructions and people will have a better experience.

Also the new link in the Dev section contains an updated zip with alot of the Bloat removed.
    I was able to do this before I bricked my phone... Once I get it back I will be able to work on this some more...