[App] [Feb-7-09] Manilla 2D Customizer v0.29.235 (2nd attempt at digi clock bug)

Search This thread

mpenguin14

Apr 4, 2008
Manilla 2D Customizer (M2DC)

LATEST DOWNLOAD HERE (February 7 v0.29.235)

If you find M2DC useful, please consider giving a donation

All donators will have their names added to the about page :)

DONATORS

My wife and daughter - Love and support
Myself - Countless hours of programming
TWolf - Program Icon
mchapman007 (aka MobileMatt)- Theme files for development
mchapman007- $$$
kwill - $$$
LoriInWa - $$$
Mattster_spv - $$$
yongchoon - $$$
tyguy - $$$
G. (aka guido11) - $$$
Jstar (aka JstarLuvsTina) - $$$
Whosdaman - $$$
jsoneng - $$$, Beta Tester v14
AllTheWay - $$$
showaco - $$$, Beta Tester v14, $$$
debarron - Beta Tester v14
dashmaster1000 - Beta Tester v14
ldostang - $$$
micman[lalo] - $$$
Slaphappy100 - $$$
robertus3d - $$$
sschlesinger - $$$
Zak from ZaksEnterprises.com - $$$
scotchua - $$$
jesusishere - $$$
Jaxboater - $$$
RaNg3r - $$$
scrosler - $$$
Pablo Villasuso - $$$
epimazzo - $$$
skr_xd - $$$
kidnamedalbert - software help
claus1953 - support help
<your name here for a donation of $1 or more>

If you have problems downloading from the above link (like google code is forbidden in your country), try downloading form the sourceforge page

You must have Manilla 2D Installed in order to run this program
you can get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=398173

Manilla 2D Skins!!!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=425974

This is an BETA version of the project, I am doing it for my own benefit at this point, feel free to use this tool, but I offer no guarantee that it will work, or that it won't delete your original Manilla 2D settings, or that I will continue to develop/support it.

I am a MFC programmer by day, but this is my first Windows Mobile project, so go easy on the comments please

Acknowledgments

Once TF2D came out I immediately tried to install and run the Diamond TF3D Config 0.6.7 by sushilange, unfortunately it didn't work, I started to follow the thread but have come to the conclusion that it is a Diamond App and will most likely not be tailored to work with Manilla 2D

I am starting this project because I do not like my home screen too cluttered so I disable a fair amount of tabs in Manilla2D and wanted a way to do this that was simpler than hand editing xml files...

First there are many people to thank because in no way am I trying to take credit for other peoples work

Thanks to udk, noonski, vetvito, hergzilla and the rest for getting Manilla 2D out and working, I was in the forums while vetvito and noonski were finishing and releasing the first beta and despite how geeky it sounds I must say that it was a pretty exciting time

Thanks to sushilange for inspiration via his diamond TF3D config program
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=405749
(thanks to wmexperts.com for reporting on it back in July http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/howto/hack_away_at_touchflo_3d.html)

and finally thanks to camro for his post that started me down the path of tweaking my setup
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=426351

one last thanks to emunutz for the original HTC home Customizer
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=319308
http://www.pocketemu.com

Thank you all for your support of M2DC
God bless

Feb-7-2009
v0.29.235
- 2nd attmpt at fixing digital clock shift bug

Jan-30-2009
v0.28.233
- fixed digital clock shift bug

Dec-13-2008
v0.27.232
- added "Apply the settings to all fonts" button on the font dialog
- increased the color picker drop down combo box length
- updated donator list

Dec-01-2008
v0.26.230
- updated donator list
- added option to not update the TabIcons images and settings from a new skin

UPDATE Nov-29-2008
v0.25.227
- added new dialog with 1 option "Don't update Weather Tab", so you can choose if you
want to use your existing weather settings or use the new weather settings

UPDATE Nov-24-2008
Nov-24-2008
v0.24.225
- fixed background bug, only worked with "\Windows\ManilaGFX" folder, now works with
"\Windows" folder too.
- fixed some formatting on the m2dct inside of a zip file warning box
- moved some code around so you are not waiting for 5 seconds after you hit apply,
now the spinning cursor should come up immediately

UPDATE Nov-24-2008
v.0.23.223
- added a new background page that will let you specify a png image to use as the
Manila2D background. Right now there is no way to go back to the "default"
background, only restoring a theme, or applying a new theme can change your
background. This feature only supports "hh_fw_background.png" files that are
located in "\Windows" and "\Windows\MainlaGFX" which should satisfy 99% of users
but if you have issues let me know and I will read the value directly from the
HTCHomeSettings.xml file
- fonts drop down boxes are much larger now, much more easy to read
- added warning about a theme file that contains an m2dct file, hopefully this will
cut down on some confusion
- updated donator list

UPDATE Nov-11-2008
v.0.22.215
- added an internet page that allows you to set a different default internet browser
for Manila 2D version 20 (build 1.0.1820.3328)

UPDATE Nov-10-2008
v.0.21.213
- added more fonts [Messaging, interent, settings, weather] (Manila2D v20 only)
- added ability to add a folder of themes in the theme manager, this folder will
be remembered and every time you restart M2DC will look for new themes in that

folder
- updated donator list (I think)
- fixed build process (again... stupid devenv not knowing how to handle dependencies)
- uninstaller no longer applies your backed up theme

UPDATE Nov-04-2008
v0.20.207
- reverted xml file handling back to the version 13 method, the new method caused the latest
build of M2DC to not load after a theme was set through M2DC.
- updated about page with new donators
- added new font entry for the weather pag error text
- fixed a spelling error (thanks p1tater)

UPDATE Nov-02-2008
v0.19.203
- Added 2 new font items, weather tab low temperature, and weather tab forecast temperature
neither of thee will allow a color to be set, not sure why, if you figure it out please
let me know
- removed experimental WM5 support... the cab will allow installation on a WM 5 device,
but this app is being built with the WM6 SDK. The WM5 support messed up my build process
- fixed bug with version not being displayed correctly on the about page (see above reason)

FontSettingsPreview.jpeg

m2dc_v15.jpeg

screenshots_v0.13.154.jpeg

the following message has been adapted from A_Cs S2U2 post
(@ALL LINK POSTERS: I know most of you do not post the donation link on your reposted message. That's fine. But I hope you can at least post the link of this thread so that your visitors know the source of M2DC, and rather than uploading the M2DC cab that you downloaded please post a link to this page as the above link will always point to the latest version. Thanks.)

Attachments

• changelog.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 2,653
Last edited:
Reactions: DasValium and 1134

mpenguin14

Apr 4, 2008
MY 1.0 TODO LIST

- Add support for setting the default folder to open in the file manager dialog

- Add backup/restore for the registry key [HKLM\SOftware\HTC\Manila2D]

- "Implement the possibility to choose custom icons for the launcher. That could be a drop down list of the launcher buttons, where one can choose which button, and a button to choose the path for the icon."

REASONABLE REQUESTSThese are things that have been requested that I think are reasonable, they are not at the top of my list at the moment, but they may make it there in the future

- Add support for detecting what a theme file contains... ie make m2DC smart enough to know if the theme file is only weather icons, or that the theme file does not have an analog clock, If the theme file does not contain something in the xml or contain the actual files then don't use the xml or files for that settings

- Add support for picking and choosing which parts of a theme to apply. Show a list of theme components with check boxes that the user can check and un-check the specific things that he want sot apply. (only apply digital clock form theme A, only apply background and tabs from theme B, only apply weather icons from theme C)

- add option to hide tab bar and the non active tab icons link

- add option to display theme information link

- add option for start menu customization link

- add new favorites to the internet tab link

- add option to change the date format link

- add support for changing the launcher item icon link

- add option to apply welcome screens contained in theme files

- add functionality to be able to apply a skin via a command line argument link

- add support for adding things to the operator tab link

MY WISH LISTThese are things that I want to do, but I will need to invest some significant time into research to get them working

- add option to deal with *.tsk files (maybe copy the file to the windows directory and figure out the proper way to apply the theme in code...)

- add option to extract/apply themes that exist as cab files? (extract cab file contents on the fly cabextract.org)

REQUESTSI doubt I will do any of these things (I try to give a reason as to why)

- Add an option to auto rotate the applied skin every 30 minutes or so
Reason I don't see how this really benefits anyone, maybe I will do it after everything else on this list is done, but that will probably never happen. Maybe I will add command line arguments so that you can create a mortscript or something

- change tab functionalitynew run method
Reason This uses a 3rd party program that I did not develop, and it seems pretty extreme, If a simpler method is found I will re evaluate this request

- add new tabs
Reason I have no idea how to do this, I know that they can do it for Manilla3D, and i looked into it, but right now I have no idea how to do it for Manilla2D. When someone figures this out let me know and I will see if I can put it into M2DC

- add custom cities to the weather widget
Reason right now this is possible to do by hand, my city is in the default htchomesettings.xml file already, adding the ability to connect to the internet and get information from a website will take a lot of time and effort on my part, and I think that my time would be better dedicated to the more important features of M2DC

- Add option to have more than 1 upcoming appointment on the home screen
Reason I have no idea how to do this, and I don't use the calendar on my device so I always end up hiding even the 1 appointment on the home screen.

- Allow for more rows and columns in the people tab
Reason The people tab xml is just one huge mess, it is really hard to do by hand, and just thinking about the code that I would have to write to make this work makes my head hurt. I don't use the people tab right now so I don't think I will put myself through the pain of doing this. Let me know if this is a huge request for you.

- Smart phone compatibility
ReasonI do not own a smart phone, and I have only received 1 request for this, let me know if there are more people that want this

Last edited:
Reactions: 1134

JstarLuvsTina

Mar 12, 2008
KNOWN ISSUES:
- must be installed to the device, paths are hard coded for now
- not sure how well this will run on non English roms, right now some paths are hard coded such as "\Program Files\M2DC"
- icon is fugly, needs some work (help appreciated)
- restore defaults doesn't truly restore defaults, it just restores the entire HTCHomeSettings.xml file from when you first ran this tool
- ???

* All of these issues should be addressed in a future release

u may want to talk to user/rom guru "garmin" about ur icons..or even "bluemetalaxe".. to me they got the best icons around.

wshader

Sep 24, 2007
Albany, NY
YES!!!! Can get rid of some of these useless tabs.... and maybe a way of custom weather soon? Closest one is New York City... about 3hrs away.

Just a suggestion can this be registered with apptodate? Makes updating my phone so much easier

Last edited:

shadowmike

Feb 6, 2008
Cleveland
facebook.com
if you could make it wm standard friendly. as without being able to select a tab and then hit move up without scrolling through the list to the bottom.

but this works on windows mobile standard using my mobiler

Nagrom Nniuq

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 12, 2007
Nice work. The ability to change what app/plugin goes into a tab would be nice if possible. I would like to use Weather Panel instead of HTC Weather and to change the Homescreen.

shortyboy

Mar 8, 2006
YES!!!! Can get rid of some of these useless tabs.... and maybe a way of custom weather soon? Closest one is New York City... about 3hrs away.

Just a suggestion can this be registered with apptodate? Makes updating my phone so much easier

there is a tutorial in the Manila2D thread search...ive added 4 custom cities and its getting weather perfectly..

shortyboy

Mar 8, 2006
look for the HH_409_weather_cities.xml or something named like that in the \windows directory....copy that to your computer>open the xml file with either an xml editor like xml notepad 2007(free) or notepad.edit any of the top cities and insert you city name, location, state etc...and insert your zipcode or weather code(get this from www.accuweather.com,located at the end of url).save and overwrite in windows directory,soft reset and your set.

twolf

Mar 5, 2006
LX
twolf.sytes.net
About the icon, if you like this, here is my small contribution:
iconcostdb2.png

Attached already in .ico format.
:)

Attachments

• icon.zip
    5.6 KB · Views: 167

HaiLe512

Feb 27, 2007
cannot uncheck tab on Udk Polaris manila ROM

The tabs in UDK Polaris manila2D ROM cannot be unchecked. The program runs but the same config comes back again after the program exists and reload TF2D.

The same thing for 6x4 launcher....

I am doing something wrong or the ROM is locked so that it cannot be changed? Please advise.

thks

>>>Edit
I can manual edit HTCHomesettings.xml file and able to remove mail, internet, and location tabs and also copy the setting from pcarvalho 6X4 launcher. THANKS pcarvalho! I now have 6x4 launcher on UDK polaris manila2D ROM! COOL!!!

Last edited:

Zetsumei

Sep 5, 2008
it would be really great if functionality could be added to change where widgets link to or possibly change urls without editing xml.

so people can use custom calendars/different internet browser/install things in different locations etc ^^

Nice program though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Manilla 2D Customizer (M2DC)

LATEST DOWNLOAD HERE (February 7 v0.29.235)

If you find M2DC useful, please consider giving a donation

All donators will have their names added to the about page :)

DONATORS

My wife and daughter - Love and support
    Myself - Countless hours of programming
    TWolf - Program Icon
    mchapman007 (aka MobileMatt)- Theme files for development
    mchapman007- $$$
    kwill - $$$
    LoriInWa - $$$
    Mattster_spv - $$$
    yongchoon - $$$
    tyguy - $$$
    G. (aka guido11) - $$$
    Jstar (aka JstarLuvsTina) - $$$
    Whosdaman - $$$
    jsoneng - $$$, Beta Tester v14
    AllTheWay - $$$
    showaco - $$$, Beta Tester v14, $$$
    debarron - Beta Tester v14
    dashmaster1000 - Beta Tester v14
    ldostang - $$$
    micman[lalo] - $$$
    Slaphappy100 - $$$
    robertus3d - $$$
    sschlesinger - $$$
    Zak from ZaksEnterprises.com - $$$
    scotchua - $$$
    jesusishere - $$$
    Jaxboater - $$$
    RaNg3r - $$$
    scrosler - $$$
    Pablo Villasuso - $$$
    epimazzo - $$$
    skr_xd - $$$
    kidnamedalbert - software help
    claus1953 - support help
    <your name here for a donation of $1 or more>

If you have problems downloading from the above link (like google code is forbidden in your country), try downloading form the sourceforge page

You must have Manilla 2D Installed in order to run this program
    you can get it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=398173

Manilla 2D Skins!!!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=425974

This is an BETA version of the project, I am doing it for my own benefit at this point, feel free to use this tool, but I offer no guarantee that it will work, or that it won't delete your original Manilla 2D settings, or that I will continue to develop/support it.

I am a MFC programmer by day, but this is my first Windows Mobile project, so go easy on the comments please

Acknowledgments

Once TF2D came out I immediately tried to install and run the Diamond TF3D Config 0.6.7 by sushilange, unfortunately it didn't work, I started to follow the thread but have come to the conclusion that it is a Diamond App and will most likely not be tailored to work with Manilla 2D

I am starting this project because I do not like my home screen too cluttered so I disable a fair amount of tabs in Manilla2D and wanted a way to do this that was simpler than hand editing xml files...

First there are many people to thank because in no way am I trying to take credit for other peoples work

Thanks to udk, noonski, vetvito, hergzilla and the rest for getting Manilla 2D out and working, I was in the forums while vetvito and noonski were finishing and releasing the first beta and despite how geeky it sounds I must say that it was a pretty exciting time

Thanks to sushilange for inspiration via his diamond TF3D config program
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=405749
    (thanks to wmexperts.com for reporting on it back in July http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/howto/hack_away_at_touchflo_3d.html)

and finally thanks to camro for his post that started me down the path of tweaking my setup
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=426351

one last thanks to emunutz for the original HTC home Customizer
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=319308
    http://www.pocketemu.com

Thank you all for your support of M2DC
    God bless

Feb-7-2009
    v0.29.235
    - 2nd attmpt at fixing digital clock shift bug

Jan-30-2009
    v0.28.233
    - fixed digital clock shift bug

Dec-13-2008
    v0.27.232
    - added "Apply the settings to all fonts" button on the font dialog
    - increased the color picker drop down combo box length
    - updated donator list

Dec-01-2008
    v0.26.230
    - updated donator list
    - added option to not update the TabIcons images and settings from a new skin

UPDATE Nov-29-2008
    v0.25.227
    - added new dialog with 1 option "Don't update Weather Tab", so you can choose if you
    want to use your existing weather settings or use the new weather settings

UPDATE Nov-24-2008
    Nov-24-2008
    v0.24.225
    - fixed background bug, only worked with "\Windows\ManilaGFX" folder, now works with
    "\Windows" folder too.
    - fixed some formatting on the m2dct inside of a zip file warning box
    - moved some code around so you are not waiting for 5 seconds after you hit apply,
    now the spinning cursor should come up immediately

UPDATE Nov-24-2008
    v.0.23.223
    - added a new background page that will let you specify a png image to use as the
    Manila2D background. Right now there is no way to go back to the "default"
    background, only restoring a theme, or applying a new theme can change your
    background. This feature only supports "hh_fw_background.png" files that are
    located in "\Windows" and "\Windows\MainlaGFX" which should satisfy 99% of users
    but if you have issues let me know and I will read the value directly from the
    HTCHomeSettings.xml file
    - fonts drop down boxes are much larger now, much more easy to read
    - added warning about a theme file that contains an m2dct file, hopefully this will
    cut down on some confusion
    - updated donator list

UPDATE Nov-11-2008
    v.0.22.215
    - added an internet page that allows you to set a different default internet browser
    for Manila 2D version 20 (build 1.0.1820.3328)

UPDATE Nov-10-2008
    v.0.21.213
    - added more fonts [Messaging, interent, settings, weather] (Manila2D v20 only)
    - added ability to add a folder of themes in the theme manager, this folder will
    be remembered and every time you restart M2DC will look for new themes in that

folder
    - updated donator list (I think)
    - fixed build process (again... stupid devenv not knowing how to handle dependencies)
    - uninstaller no longer applies your backed up theme

UPDATE Nov-04-2008
    v0.20.207
    - reverted xml file handling back to the version 13 method, the new method caused the latest
    build of M2DC to not load after a theme was set through M2DC.
    - updated about page with new donators
    - added new font entry for the weather pag error text
    - fixed a spelling error (thanks p1tater)

UPDATE Nov-02-2008
    v0.19.203
    - Added 2 new font items, weather tab low temperature, and weather tab forecast temperature
    neither of thee will allow a color to be set, not sure why, if you figure it out please
    let me know
    - removed experimental WM5 support... the cab will allow installation on a WM 5 device,
    but this app is being built with the WM6 SDK. The WM5 support messed up my build process
    - fixed bug with version not being displayed correctly on the about page (see above reason)

FontSettingsPreview.jpeg

m2dc_v15.jpeg

screenshots_v0.13.154.jpeg

the following message has been adapted from A_Cs S2U2 post
    (@ALL LINK POSTERS: I know most of you do not post the donation link on your reposted message. That's fine. But I hope you can at least post the link of this thread so that your visitors know the source of M2DC, and rather than uploading the M2DC cab that you downloaded please post a link to this page as the above link will always point to the latest version. Thanks.)
    MY 1.0 TODO LIST

- Add support for setting the default folder to open in the file manager dialog

- Add backup/restore for the registry key [HKLM\SOftware\HTC\Manila2D]

- "Implement the possibility to choose custom icons for the launcher. That could be a drop down list of the launcher buttons, where one can choose which button, and a button to choose the path for the icon."

REASONABLE REQUESTSThese are things that have been requested that I think are reasonable, they are not at the top of my list at the moment, but they may make it there in the future

- Add support for detecting what a theme file contains... ie make m2DC smart enough to know if the theme file is only weather icons, or that the theme file does not have an analog clock, If the theme file does not contain something in the xml or contain the actual files then don't use the xml or files for that settings

- Add support for picking and choosing which parts of a theme to apply. Show a list of theme components with check boxes that the user can check and un-check the specific things that he want sot apply. (only apply digital clock form theme A, only apply background and tabs from theme B, only apply weather icons from theme C)

- add option to hide tab bar and the non active tab icons link

- add option to display theme information link

- add option for start menu customization link

- add new favorites to the internet tab link

- add option to change the date format link

- add support for changing the launcher item icon link

- add option to apply welcome screens contained in theme files

- add functionality to be able to apply a skin via a command line argument link

- add support for adding things to the operator tab link

MY WISH LISTThese are things that I want to do, but I will need to invest some significant time into research to get them working

- add option to deal with *.tsk files (maybe copy the file to the windows directory and figure out the proper way to apply the theme in code...)

- add option to extract/apply themes that exist as cab files? (extract cab file contents on the fly cabextract.org)

REQUESTSI doubt I will do any of these things (I try to give a reason as to why)

- Add an option to auto rotate the applied skin every 30 minutes or so
    Reason I don't see how this really benefits anyone, maybe I will do it after everything else on this list is done, but that will probably never happen. Maybe I will add command line arguments so that you can create a mortscript or something

- change tab functionalitynew run method
    Reason This uses a 3rd party program that I did not develop, and it seems pretty extreme, If a simpler method is found I will re evaluate this request

- add new tabs
    Reason I have no idea how to do this, I know that they can do it for Manilla3D, and i looked into it, but right now I have no idea how to do it for Manilla2D. When someone figures this out let me know and I will see if I can put it into M2DC

- add custom cities to the weather widget
    Reason right now this is possible to do by hand, my city is in the default htchomesettings.xml file already, adding the ability to connect to the internet and get information from a website will take a lot of time and effort on my part, and I think that my time would be better dedicated to the more important features of M2DC

- Add option to have more than 1 upcoming appointment on the home screen
    Reason I have no idea how to do this, and I don't use the calendar on my device so I always end up hiding even the 1 appointment on the home screen.

- Allow for more rows and columns in the people tab
    Reason The people tab xml is just one huge mess, it is really hard to do by hand, and just thinking about the code that I would have to write to make this work makes my head hurt. I don't use the people tab right now so I don't think I will put myself through the pain of doing this. Let me know if this is a huge request for you.

- Smart phone compatibility
    ReasonI do not own a smart phone, and I have only received 1 request for this, let me know if there are more people that want this
    wow great tool , thank you

:D
    Is it possible to add the email tab to the customizer to change fonts.
    is there a way to make or modify *.tsk file ?

i think most people use ThemeGenCE, but I am not sure. The site is french, but there are different language translations available for download