[INDEX] Club Huawei Meets XDA [ News / Leaks / Mods / ROMS ]

Search This thread

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com

a8eBeKr.png

Hi guys, I am tired of seeing a lot of the same threads in the P6 forum, so here I bring a All-in-one index thread!

This thread serves as:

[ Post 1 ] An Index thread for all the ROMS / Recoveries / Kernels / Mods ( On XDA )
[ Post 2 ] A thread for everything that doesn't come from XDA ( Like posts on Club Huawei )
[ Post 3 ] Look who's popular!

If you want your work / findings featured here, post it in this thread and mention me. ( @PulseDroid )

By posting something here, I DO NOT say I have tested it and it works, I am just sharing information I / Others found for the P6.

Note:- Some of the content in this thread has been translated via Google, thus it might not make sense.

Thanks!​

CLICK HERE BEFORE FLASHING ANYTHING

ROMS

On XDA

On other forums

RECOVERIES

KERNELS

STOCK ROMS

International - > P6-U06

China - > P6-U00

Betas

MODS

SCRIPTS

Themes

TOOLS

HOW DO I...?

Get stock ROM:

1. Make sure you have stock Recovery not TWRP.
  2. Place your stock version on your SDCard in 'dload' folder, make sure it's named UPDATE.APP
  3. Turn off your device
  4. Press and hold Volume - and +
  5. Press Power but still hold Volume - and +
  6. It will now install stock, and also reboot.

Get TWRP Recovery:

1. First you need to be on this version of stock rom: B118 China ( Has the posibility of bricking your device, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. )
  2. Then visit this thread and give thanks @surdu_petru
  3. Download TWRP_R03.zip
  4. Turn USB Debugging on -> Settings -> About phone -> Constantly tap on 'Build Number' and a message shall say " You are now a Developer" -> Back to settings -> Developer Options -> Tick USB Debugging on.
  5. Put your device in fast boot mode via ADB ( > adb reboot bootloader )
  6. Extract "recovery_twrp.img" from the archive "TWRP_R03"
  7. Flash the recovery via fastboot ( fastboot flash recovery recovery_twrp.img )
  8. Reboot via fastboot ( fastboot reboot )
  9. Done!

Get Stock Recovery:

So you installed TWRP and want to go back to stock ROM, see here:

1. Download Stock_Recovery_B118.zip
  2. Put your device in fastboot mode ( > adb reboot bootloader )
  3. Flash recovery via fastboot ( fastboot flash recovery recovery.img )
  4. Reboot via fastboot ( fastboot reboot )

Unlock my bootloader:

• Make sure you have a working adb connection to the PC
  • Boot to fastboot/bootloader either via the command adb reboot bootloader or by restarting the phone and holding down vol down+power for about 10 seconds.
  • Send this command to the phone via adb:
Code:
fastboot oem unlock UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Root my Device

Last edited:

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com

OTHER FORUMS

NEWS

Huawei Ascend P6 gets Android 4.4 KitKat in January:

Huawei Ascend P6 was announced and released in June with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in charge of operations. Due to its incredibly slim profile and older generation quad-core processor, it was plagued with over-heating issues. We are not sure if those were resolved by Huawei, but if not, now is a good time for the company to make some optimizations and improvements.
The Huawei Ascend P6 was just officially confirmed to get the Android 4.4 KitKat treatment. The Chinese have taken it to Baidu to announce that the super slim smartphone will be getting the latest major Android release in January. Alongside it will come the new version of the company's proprietary Emotion UI.
Huawei is among the first to announce its KitKat upgrade plans, but is surely not the only one to skip Android 4.3 and move straight to the new KitKat version.
Android 4.4 KitKat was announced on the last day of October. It brings Project Svelte UI optimizations, bigger UI icons, removes the widgets from the app drawer, new Hangouts SMS/MMS/Gtalks unified hub, new Email app, new Phone app with nearby search and more. It even lowers the hardware requirements for the Android OS.
And the Ascend P6 owners will be able to enjoy all of these new features in just two months.​

MODS

GPU Locking:

The Chinese forums got topics on GPU locking and supposedly helping in better game performance.

[ Practical Guide ] the cpu and GPU locked! Daily fluid and energy saving

The cpu and GPU locked in a certain frequency power can be achieved not so serious and be fluent game approach.
The first machine to ROOT then RE Manager to set inside the file!

1 Open the SYS-Devices-system-CPU-cpu0-cpufreq-cpuinfo_block_freq , use a text editor to open, modify the value of 600,000 or 800,000 or 700,000 can which is locked cpu frequency, save and exit after completion of editing,
2 Locate scaling_cpu_lock_nun , a method using phase inside the 0 changed to 4 . It is locked cpu cores. Save and exit editing can! In power management policy settings in a super-power standby.

GPU in accordance with slim post to unlock ! But I set 480000 360000.
Heat is also not so great to play the game is very smooth! Power consumption is not serious enough for everyday use heat is also better!
I charge 100% after setting the screen brightness is not open to the minimum WIFI playing whitewater boats two effects 30 minutes of high power consumption 23% is power! But look at the beep beep miles 720 miles to see 24 minutes of animation power at about 7%! Several times hovering at about 7%.
After rebooting modify things will revert to re-edit

[ Practical Guide ] [share] Xiaoya P6 Unlock CPU / GPU new program, just run the script every boot to unlock

Note: The program closed due Huawei init.d folder automatically lead to unbootable, you must pass the manual method!
I do not engage in Andrews, Andrews I brother is out, I get bored girl to fart. Principle:

Since Android is a Linux-based bottom, I put on a program with the centos pull over with a ~
after script execution: Get SU permissions → Read stored in data files in the partition → Replace the file from the kernel to mount the The CPU / GPU frequency profile

Operation process:

STEP1: ROOT your fart girl a
STEP2: Install terminal emulator and RE File Manager
STEP3: RE Manager ROOT permissions to enter / data, create two folders (folder named GPU0 and GPU1)
STEP4: The following two files are copied into GPU0, indispensable!

Click to download the first file

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=500461334&uk=3020472444]click to download the second file[/URL]

STEP5: The following two files are copied into the GPU1, indispensable!

click to download the second file

STEP6: The following two files are copied to the data folder

click to download the second file

When you need to unlock, please click on the RE Manager UNLOCK.SH, then perform; when you need to re-lock, restart your phone or click LOCK.SH, and then executed. Note: Current CPU locked in 450000, GPU locked in 480000 as Xiangnong lows (you can get low power), you can modify / data/GPU1 the two files​

THEMES

Here's quite a lot thanks mostly to @warea

Remember a majority if not all the themes located on vmall's website automatically append the .txt extension. Just rename the extension to .hwt and copy to your themes dir located on internal or external sd card. The themes app should automatically scan those directories and import on opening.

Theme downloads by warea #1
Theme downloads by warea #2
Theme downloads by warea #3

LEAKS

Huawei Emotion UI 2.0 - Beta apps leaked - Dec 31st HuaweiNews

Pictures of P6 hardware disassembled:

Ascend-P6-.jpg

P6OPEN1x-300x200.jpg
P6OPENn-300x200.jpg

P6OPEN-sj.jpg

P6OPEN-za.jpg

P6OPEN-3b1-300x200.jpg
P6OPEN-3rc-300x200.jpg

P6OPEN-5l.jpg

P6OPEN-90l.jpg

P6OPEN-8w.jpg

P6 hidden surprise to be unveiled on December 16:

There is one post on weibo by an senior individual of Huawei, about some hidden surprise for P6. This hidden stuff would be revealed on December 16 (during which event they would also unveil the new Honor phones, and the brand "Honor" supposedly going to be developed as independent brand from the Huawei phones)

"You know, you do not know, and you will soon know, are hidden in this box. What do you think come to you? @ Yu Chengdong"

6d9f761bjw1ebdt6e158rj20fr0dowfh.jpg

While Others say: You get that different colored border as well as accessories "Bluetooth headsets, mobile power, leather protective sleeve, dedicated headphone cable, refined become a "box"".

9e953245tw1ebhupydg1pj20go0i4q78.jpg

Leaked internal document confirms Huawei P7 specs:

According to a leaked internal document sent to us by an anonymous tipster, Huawei is working on an Ascend P7 smartphone that's currently going under the codename "Sophia".
The Huawei Ascend P7 is going to be a major update over the Ascend P6 and will feature a 1080p 5.0" TFT LCD display. Under the hood of the phone, Huawei is betting on the HiSilicon Balong 910 chipset with a quad-core 1.6GHz CPU, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. Happily, it's expandable thanks to the microSD card slot.

gsmarena_001.jpg

As you can see the document states that the phone will be made of "exquisite materials" and as our tipster points out, the phone looks very similar to its predecessor. We won't be surprised if Huawei bets on metal for the chassis once again. Another unique selling point of the Ascend P7 would be the ability to take the "best selfie videos" as Huawei puts it.
The company aims to achieve this thanks to the front-facing 8MP camera. At the back, there's going to be a 13MP auto-focus snapper with LED flash. The smartphone will be powered by a 2460mAh battery. The Huawei Ascend P7 will be LTE-enabled with support for Cat 4 at the 800/1800/2100/2600 bands.
The phone runs an unspecified version of Android garnished with the company's own EmotionUI 2.0, which isn't that surprising.
If the document is to be trusted, Huawei plans to release the Ascend in April next year. Pricing is yet to be detailed.

OTHERS

Comparison between gaming on Honor 3x (8 core mediatek) and Mate 2 (quad core kirin 910)
Vote for Club Huawei avatar
Huawei Survey: Configuration for your next phone
Driver for HiSilicon K3 series
Official Survey on Huawei Smartphone Email APK

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Great idea !

Hi!

Would not be bad if you could include official versions (International and Chinese) !

Anyway you had a great idea, this thread must be sticky - thank you very much ! :good:

Edit :

Is already Sticky :D - sorry I apologize ....

Last edited:

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
Hi!

Would not be bad if you could include official versions (International and Chinese) !

Anyway you had a great idea, this thread must be sticky - thank you very much ! :good:
Busy getting all the versions! - I wan't to download, then upload them myself so that I know they aren't going anywhere. :)

WHOOP - Sticky!

Last edited:
Reactions: surdu_petru

AshRoller

Nov 18, 2013
Magelang
www.linuxku.com
have anyone contact to forum moderator?
seems that Original Android Development subforum for P6 need to be clean from unrelated original development thread

それはTapatalkを用いて自分のHTC Butterfly Jから送られてきた

Last edited:

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
In my opinion, they should do it like they did in the Razr i Forum > Only one Development Section instead of Original / Android Development. There isn't that much Development on the P6, so why split it? User get confused and Devs have to carefully choose, where they have to post their Work.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI P6-U06 mit Tapatalk

AshRoller

Nov 18, 2013
Magelang
www.linuxku.com
That's going to be a really big job!

I've got an idea: PM me links to all the thread you guys think need to be moved ( and to where ) and deleted and I will pass it on to a mod.

In my opinion, they should do it like they did in the Razr i Forum > Only one Development Section instead of Original / Android Development. There isn't that much Development on the P6, so why split it? User get confused and Devs have to carefully choose, where they have to post their Work.

@HSD-Pilot idea is also good, but still need to clean the development subforum from unrelated topic to development.

それはTapatalkを用いて自分のHTC Butterfly Jから送られてきた

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com

I disagree - We now have an unlocked bootloader, we are working on CM, once we get that, PAC, PA and all the others will easily come. They all go in original ( Since they are source compiled )

Then, less advanced users can kick in, making roms based on CM and so, those then go into Android Dev ( Since they are based on other Roms )

warea

Dec 1, 2007
P6 hidden surprise was unveiled today. Its not really a full color change. You get a rose gold border change.

Its seem to be a December 16 exclusive offer see: http://www.vmall.com/product/804.html

You get that different colored border as well as accessories "Bluetooth headsets, mobile power, leather protective sleeve, dedicated headphone cable, refined become a "box"".

Edit: hands on pictures: http://weibo.com/3030737153/An7PABkJw?mod=weibotime
http://weibo.com/3030737153/An8H1EIGL?mod=weibotime

Last edited:
Reactions: PulseDroid

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
P6 hidden surprise was unveiled today. Its not really a full color change. You get a rose gold border change.

Its seem to be a December 16 exclusive offer see: http://www.vmall.com/product/804.html

You get that different colored border as well as accessories "Bluetooth headsets, mobile power, leather protective sleeve, dedicated headphone cable, refined become a "box"".
Thanks!

tauio111

Feb 27, 2011
Google Pixel 5
Added links to stock ROMS.
@tauio111 Thanks for B118 Unlocked!
You should add that there is a risk of bricking the device when updating to the B118 CN.
I wonder why it does that. Maybe downgrade to B111 first and then try B118. Can anyone confirm that the straight update from B122 beta to B118 CN causes this?

Also, theres a typo in the OP under the international stock roms. The latter B112 should be B122 Beta.

Last edited:

goce.nakov

May 27, 2010
Skopje
You should add that there is a risk of bricking the device when updating to the B118 CN.
I wonder why it does that. Maybe downgrade to B111 first and then try B118. Can anyone confirm that the straight update from B122 beta to B118 CN causes this?

Also, theres a typo in the OP under the international stock roms. The latter B112 should be B122 Beta.

I know that I bricked mine after going from B122 to B118 CN, now I am afraid to try any CN firmware update. I just picked the new replaced device today.

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com

I know that I bricked mine after going from B122 to B118 CN, now I am afraid to try any CN firmware update. I just picked the new replaced device today.
Nope, I was on B122, and went to B118 CN with no hassles. - I'll add it to the OP, and fix typos.

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Not just B118, even B117 has a chance of bricking, as users had bricked their device with B117 too. It could be a hit and miss and no reason found yet. What needs to seen is if anyone had bricked their device when moving from official version B111 (rather than leaked version) to B118. If no one bricked their device that way, then it could be a safer way.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

There needs to be a tutorial section too for questions like how to install stock firmware, how to install themes, how to optimize battery, etc as these questions keep coming up all the time.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Not just B118, even B117 has a chance of bricking, as users had bricked their device with B117 too. It could be a hit and miss and no reason found yet. What needs to seen is if anyone had bricked their device when moving from official version B111 (rather than leaked version) to B118. If no one bricked their device that way, then it could be a safer way.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

There needs to be a tutorial section too for questions like how to install stock firmware, how to install themes, how to optimize battery, etc as these questions keep coming up all the time.

Hi!

Yes you are right, but I think you can make a nice thread for all including your request ! Why do not you try ? There are many users who just have bought the device, and do not know how to start !

I'm busy, I have not time for this, but I'd like to see ....:eek:

Good luck !

PulseDroid

Jan 7, 2012
www.pulsedroid.com
@warea

Yes the rest also has bricking potential but it seems to me like 118 is an attraction since it has a unlocked bootloader.. For the rest they wouldn't install CN anyway.

I will be adding tutorials soon!

Top Liked Posts