M2D My Second Device - TrueSmart Test

Search This thread

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
Hi all,

Main thread for this project here

Use m2d manager with Tasker App http://www.pacosal.com/desarrollo/20...h-m2d-manager/

I'm working on a project to send commands between 2 devices in order to use one of them as an auxiliary gadget called My Second Device.

However I think that Omate truesmart could be a good auxiliary device for this test.

If you can test the App continue reading...

- m2d manager is the App that connects 2 devices over bluetooth and send and receive messages from one device to the other. It's a service that must be running always.

To give functionality to m2d manager there are, right now, 2 Apps relate to notifications.

- First one is Voice for Notifications Android 4.1+

- Second one is an App that receive notifications and shows you as a list with the notification content.

I don't have a truemate yet and that's why I can test if this works ok on truemate, but I've done test with other mobiles and galaxy gear as well.

If you can test it, make this:

- Install m2d manager
- Be sure you have your mobile and truesmart paired
- Run m2m manager in both devices
- Select the paired device and press Connect.
- Wait to see is both devices are connected

If so:

- Install Voice for notifications (Android 4.1+) on your mobile. More later go to settings and quit voice if you don't want it.
- Install m2m Notifications receiver on your watch

Tell me if this is working for you!

DOWNLOADS

Manager
m2dManager https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.m2d.manager

Notifications
m2dNotificationsReceiver https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.m2d.notificationsreceiver

Voice for Notifications (Android 4.1+) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.vforn

Media Remote

Sender https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.m2d.remotepicturesender

Receiver https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.m2d.mediaremotereceiver

Attachments

• m2dNotificationsReceiver.apk
    426.3 KB · Views: 92
  • m2dManager.apk
    264.7 KB · Views: 91
  • m2dMediaRemoteReceiver.apk
    343.2 KB · Views: 51
  • m2dMediaRemoteSender.apk
    257.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

shadowninja23

Jan 31, 2010
Atlanta
Bluetooth issue?

So I went ahead and tried this combo out...not sure if it's my Nexus 5 and the ROM it has, or if it's because of my Omate, but the Bluetooth connection will drop every 5 min or so if there is no activity. I tried disabling the WiFi 5ghz frequency band on my Nexus 5 to see if that might alleviate the issue, but that didn't help either. I might go ahead and try disabling WiFi on both devices and seeing, but I'm at work now and currently keeping myself sane with streaming music :)

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
Thanks for your test.

This Apps no drop Bluetooth connection in general.

Please, enable debug at both devices and after some time when this happens, send me the file you will find at the root of your sdcard in both devices.

Thanks

rhineymac

Jan 20, 2014
the issue is most likly not your app but the ts BT. the ts will not keep a BT connection to anything. after anywhere were fron 2 mins to five mins the bt connection is dissconnected

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com
And if you want to try more features...

I've released version 1.2.0 of m2d media remote sender and receiver.

New option enables you to manage one device from the other one. It's more a proof of concept than any valid thing, but I think is worth to try it.
The sender device must be rooted and with permissions in order this to work. I have to record a video.

For example you can try to manage your truesmart from your mobile.

Regards

Last edited:

huelvy

Aug 6, 2008
Tell me if this is working for you!

Hi, pacosal.

My intention is to use your apps as a possible substitute of Osmart companion (that doesn´t works for me until now). I don´t know if this is possible or your apps are designed to work differently.

Anyway, I have tried these apps ('m2d Manager', 'm2d Notifications Receiver' and 'Voice for Notificatons') using a Nexus 5 as main device and my Truesmart as second device. Both devices paired correctly (they vibrate at the same time when the pairing occurs) and the apps seem to work, but when the Nexus 5 send a notification to the watch, the main app closes and I can´t run it again, only restarting the phone (curiously, before the app closes, the phone sends a notification from m2d to the Truesmart!).

I don´t know if this issue is due to a Nexus´ incompatibility or due to the Truesmart´s firmware.

Last edited:

kuronosan

Nov 10, 2008
Hi, pacosal.

My intention is to use your apps as a possible substitute of Osmart companion (that doesn´t works for me until now). I don´t know if this is possible or your apps are designed to work differently.

Anyway, I have tried these apps ('m2d Manager', 'm2d Notifications Receiver' and 'Voice for Notificatons') using a Nexus 5 as main device and my Truesmart as second device. Both devices paired correctly (they vibrate at the same time when the pairing occurs) and the apps seem to work, but when the Nexus 5 send a notification to the watch, the main app closes and I can´t run it again, only restarting the phone (curiously, before the app closes, the phone sends a notification from m2d to the Truesmart!).

I don´t know if this issue is due to a Nexus´ incompatibility or due to the Truesmart´s firmware.

You need to get him a logcat.

nkognegr0

Mar 19, 2006
hiphopthugz.com
Hi,

any new feedback about using M2D on your Omate?

Ok im trying this for the first time and so far i got the apps installed in both the phone and watch. i get a lot of force closed on the manager app on the watch when notifications are sent. it is not notifying the watch at all but i do see the logs in the voice notification app on the phone.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Ok im trying this for the first time and so far i got the apps installed in both the phone and watch. i get a lot of force closed on the manager app on the watch when notifications are sent. it is not notifying the watch at all but i do see the logs in the voice notification app on the phone.

ok i installed the bluetooth rom and im not getting the notifications on the watch. the notifying app gets them but dont actually see the message!

pacosal

Oct 6, 2010
www.pacosal.com

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

ok i installed the bluetooth rom and im not getting the notifications on the watch. the notifying app gets them but dont actually see the message!

Have you installed this App in your omate?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pacosal.m2d.notificationsreceiver

and Voice for notifications in your mobile?

qureyoon

Nov 19, 2010
Singapore
Did not work on OUI 2.1

Tried this, but could not get it to work on my Omate.

Mine have the build Omate_TrueSmart_20140513.103530_V2.0

And Omate version OUI 2.1

Top Liked Posts