Announcing XDAtools: a complete new ROM-image toolset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Peter Poelman

Retired Administrator
Jan 19, 2003
Amsterdam
We've finally replaced XDArit and created something much friendlier and much more powerful...

XDAtools

XDAtools is a set of tools that deal with the ROM of your device. As you may know, your little device actually contains two computers, one being a PDA and the other doing all the telephone functions. Presently, XDAtools deals with the ROM of the PDA side of your device only, it does not allow you to do anything to do with phone ROM upgrades (which are also called 'Radio Stack Upgrades' or RSU).

osimagetool.gif

Using the OS Image Tool that is part of XDAtools you can read the Operating System ROM image from the flash-ROM memory of your device to your harddisk, and put another OS image in your device. All of this can be done without using SD-cards for transport. This set of tools will replace our previous tool XDArit as the means of moving ROM images to and from SD-cards, should you want or need to use SD-cards and the bootloader as the means of getting a ROM image in or out of your device. You can even read and write images to and from bootloader SD-cards through ActiveSync while your device still has its OS running.

associations.gif

Start the osimagetool with the argument "--register" to create file associations that will allow you to perform useful actions straight from Windows Explorer.

Also included is a tool to replace a bootloader without ever even leaving the Operating System.

Please note: To be completely functional, the XDAtools would need inclusion of some files from HTC's "Programme A" upgrade package, as well as a v5.15 bootloader image if you want to be able to fix bootloaders. All instructions to do this, as well as README files for the tools and all the sourcecode are in the zip.

Click here to download the latest version (without the extra files needed for flashing to the device directly and for fixing a bootloader)

Reactions: eden66

OCMAX

Jul 19, 2003
Malaysia
XDAtools

I would like to THANKS TO ALL THE XDA DEVELOPERS TEAMS for the contribution of Times, research, effort and helpful tools that had help a lot of XDA user.

Sorry for my bad english.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

lantronix

Jul 5, 2003
Indonesia
Good Works

Hi,

Good works for XDA Dev Team. I still confused to use this tools.
SOURCE : from new NK.nbf file we want to upgrade on my device
Destination : what we chose ? device memory

i read on your README File, we just put all Programe A content and bootloader_V5_15.nbo to binaries folder. And if we want to ugrade from PPC 2002 to PPC 2003 we just change the NK.nbf file on the binaries/english

Add to /binaries:

"bootloader_v5_15.nb0"
"Programme A.exe"

Add to /binaries/English:

"CLoader_serial.nb"
"CLoader_usb.nb"
"GetConnectionType.dll"
"NK.nbf"
"remote_flash.exe"
"SetSystemTime.dll"

Please tell me if im wrong because i don't want made the second mistake, and sorry for my english

Thanks

Sandy.M

rpc

To All XDA-Dev. Great Job!!!! :lol: it is a very nice tool, I can even backup my OS even my XDA is still running, no need for messy booting, inserting/removing SD card. i have only one question, Does it copy also the program I already installed in the XDA or it copy only the files in the ROM?

More power to XDA-Developers. :twisted:

Ronnie

rpc

Re: Good Works

XDA developer Peter Poelman said:
lantronix said:

"CLoader_serial.nb"
"CLoader_usb.nb"
"GetConnectionType.dll"
"NK.nbf"
"remote_flash.exe"
"SetSystemTime.dll"

Whoops, NK.nbf should not be in this list. I'll fix that...

I think you need to do it like this, correct me if i am wrong

Add to /binaries:

"bootloader_v5_15.nb0"
"Programme A.exe"
"adaptrom.exe" <--- add this too :!:
"start.bat" <---- add this too :!:

"CLoader_serial.nb"
"CLoader_usb.nb"
"GetConnectionType.dll"
"NK.nbf" <---- don't add this bec. it will build another like this :roll:
"remote_flash.exe"
"SetSystemTime.dll"

I Update successfully!!! :twisted:

XDA-Developers.. another indeed good Job.. more power.

Ronnie

beeheij

Jul 13, 2003
Hi rpc,

Why do you include adaptrom.exe? And what's in the start.bat?

Could you explain it a bit? Pardon, my slowness in understanding......

Thanks in advance.

Ben

rpc

beeheij said:
Hi rpc,

Why do you include adaptrom.exe? And what's in the start.bat?

Could you explain it a bit? Pardon, my slowness in understanding......

Thanks in advance.

Ben

I added Start.bat because the program XDATools when run and you select Destination "Device memory (via Program A)" it will look for Start.bat, it is a batch file which run the adaptrom.exe and Program A.exe. Now what is adaptrom.exe -> it is a program which removes the checking of version when your creating an update to your XDA.

Hope this will help you.

Ronnie :wink:

beeheij

Jul 13, 2003
Hi Ronnie,

All clear. Thanks. Appreciated.

This is a great tool. It replaces many many headache of bootloader flashing.

Brgds - Ben

beeheij

Jul 13, 2003
Hi,

When I tried to copy from file to file, eg from _.nb1 to _.nb1, or _nb1 to to _.nbf, or anyother combinations, I got error messages: incorrect file size.

Could anyone tell me why?

Thanks - Ben

thePhoneGuy

Aug 8, 2003
I am a little slow on this, but can I use XDATools to upgrade to a ROM image I already have on the XDA without going through SD card readers??

Well, I have 4.00.10 T-Mobile with RSU upgrade and i want to upgrade to Jeff's 4.00.10 cooked ROM Image. Now, I understand that as of right now, one can not upgrade from a 4.00.10 image to any other image without using SD Card reader. Will the XDATools eliminate the process of the SD Card reader, and could I upgrade to Jeff's 4.00.10 cooked ROM Image?? :(

- Thanks, ..

rpc

thePhoneGuy said:
I am a little slow on this, but can I use XDATools to upgrade to a ROM image I already have on the XDA without going through SD card readers??

Well, I have 4.00.10 T-Mobile with RSU upgrade and i want to upgrade to Jeff's 4.00.10 cooked ROM Image. Now, I understand that as of right now, one can not upgrade from a 4.00.10 image to any other image without using SD Card reader. Will the XDATools eliminate the process of the SD Card reader, and could I upgrade to Jeff's 4.00.10 cooked ROM Image?? :(

- Thanks, ..

No you can not upgrade from 4.00.10 TMobile to another OS because TM-4.00.10 has a protection that even adaptrom can not break, but if your on another OS like 4.00.05 or 3.17.00 you can use XDATools because it will use Program A to upgrade it.

More power to XDA-Team.
:p

Ronnie

jerome

Jun 8, 2003
Stupid question excuse me PLEASE but will XDA Tools BACKUP my pervious Rom i.e. I have 3.17 PPC 2002 and want to upgrade to 4.00.05 WM 2003 then downgrade back to 3,.17 PPC2002 with out no problem. :?: :roll:

rpc

jerome said:
Stupid question excuse me PLEASE but will XDA Tools BACKUP my pervious Rom i.e. I have 3.17 PPC 2002 and want to upgrade to 4.00.05 WM 2003 then downgrade back to 3,.17 PPC2002 with out no problem. :?: :roll:

:!: Yes you can make a backup of your current OS, by selecting Source as "Device memory (current rom)" and destination as "c:\nk.nbf" or any type of file you want. without booting the device, even your XDA is running. :wink:

:!: Yes you can make an update to 4.00.05 WM2003 then downgrade it back to the one you back up (3.17 PPC 2002) because of the adaptrom.exe (doesn't check the version and checksum).

Ronnie :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We've finally replaced XDArit and created something much friendlier and much more powerful...

XDAtools

XDAtools is a set of tools that deal with the ROM of your device. As you may know, your little device actually contains two computers, one being a PDA and the other doing all the telephone functions. Presently, XDAtools deals with the ROM of the PDA side of your device only, it does not allow you to do anything to do with phone ROM upgrades (which are also called 'Radio Stack Upgrades' or RSU).

osimagetool.gif

Using the OS Image Tool that is part of XDAtools you can read the Operating System ROM image from the flash-ROM memory of your device to your harddisk, and put another OS image in your device. All of this can be done without using SD-cards for transport. This set of tools will replace our previous tool XDArit as the means of moving ROM images to and from SD-cards, should you want or need to use SD-cards and the bootloader as the means of getting a ROM image in or out of your device. You can even read and write images to and from bootloader SD-cards through ActiveSync while your device still has its OS running.

associations.gif

Start the osimagetool with the argument "--register" to create file associations that will allow you to perform useful actions straight from Windows Explorer.

Also included is a tool to replace a bootloader without ever even leaving the Operating System.

Please note: To be completely functional, the XDAtools would need inclusion of some files from HTC's "Programme A" upgrade package, as well as a v5.15 bootloader image if you want to be able to fix bootloaders. All instructions to do this, as well as README files for the tools and all the sourcecode are in the zip.

Click here to download the latest version (without the extra files needed for flashing to the device directly and for fixing a bootloader)
    You are the FIRST
    AMAZING :shock:
    Thanks
    all of that a invalid link..can u post another???