[ROM] [January 31] CM7 - PyroMod - Stable Version 2.3.7

Which other rom would you like to see from pyro dev team?

• Sense 3.0

Votes: 325 49.4%
  • Sense in general

Votes: 95 14.4%
  • Miui

Votes: 131 19.9%
  • T-Mobile Stock 2.3

Votes: 107 16.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

blahbl4hblah

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

FAQ

What is apps2ext?
Code:
Apps2ext (previously called apps2SD) moved all user installed apps to a secondary ext partition on your sdcard. 
This method had the advantage of being straight forward and simple, However, it had the drawback of being difficult to set up. 
This method is no longer officially supported by CyanogenMod. 
Please see the forum for device specific work-arounds if you really want apps2EXT on CyanogenMod.

Why did I include a apps2ext script to the rom?
Code:
Even though we have 1GB space of internal memory and a lot of the G2 users believe that is enough. 
The more apps that are installed, the slower our phones can get after time.

Apps2ext takes all of that stress from our internal storage and diverts it to our sd-ext partition if there's any. 
This results in our phones never have to worry about slowing down just because of the number of apps that we have installed.

What is swap?
Quoted from Cyanogenmod Wiki
Code:
Swap is, in short, virtual RAM. With swap, a small portion of the hard drive is set aside and used like RAM. 
The computer will attempt to keep as much information as possible in RAM until the RAM is full. 
At that point, the computer will begin moving inactive blocks of memory (called pages) to the hard disk, freeing up RAM for active processes. 
If one of the pages on the hard disk needs to be accessed again, it will be moved back into RAM, and a different inactive page in RAM will be moved onto the hard disk ('swapped'). 
The trade off is disks and SD cards are considerably slower than physical RAM, so when something needs to be swapped, there is a noticeable performance hit.

Unlike traditional swap, Android's Memory Manager kills inactive processes to free up memory. 
Android signals to the process, then the process will usually write out a small bit of specific information about its state (for example, Google Maps may write out the map view coordinates; Browser might write the URL of the page being viewed) and then the process exits. 
When you next access that application, it is restarted: the application is loaded from storage, and retrieves the state information that it saved when it last closed. 
In some applications, this makes it seem as if the application never closed at all. 
This is not much different from traditional swap, except that Android apps are specially programed to write out very specific information, making Android's Memory Manager more efficient that swap.

Requirements:
- HTC G2 / HTC Desire Z
- S-OFF
- SDCard

Recommended Requirements:
*Only need this is you plan to use sd-ext and swap*
- Sd-ext partition at least 1024MB
- Swap partition at least 256MB

I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING ANY KIND OF SUPERWIPE
The rom has it's own built in wipe

Installing Process
- Backup your previous rom
- Repartition your sdcard ONLY if you want sd-ext and/or swap enabled
- Download the rom
- Wipe everything (data, cache, dalvik-cache, battery stats)
- Flash the rom
- Once flashing process is complete it will auto reboot!

Working
- Everything should be

Not Working
- Nothing, but tell me if anything is broken

Issues
- None at the moment

REGARDING ISSUES
Post the issues on http://pastebin.com/
- Please give me a logcat if you have an error, I can not help you if there's no logcat of the issue

Credits:
- HTC (Making HTC G2/Desire Z)
- Google (Android OS)
- Cyanogenmod (Source)
- SparksCo (Sd-ext, swap, kernel, cycling bootanimation, symlink scripts and sysctl tweaks)
- SparksCo (Kernel)
- Rambooster script (Credits to Darkky)
- Sdcard increase script (Credits to brainmaster)

If I missed anyone, let me know and I'll add you to here

Download link:
CM7-PyroMod-Stable-V2.3.7
checksums md5: I will provide one later

If you love my roms, donate and hit that thanks button!
Much appreciated!

Last edited:

blahbl4hblah

Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Changelog

Version 2.3.7:
Rom
- Compiled from CM Source (Credits to SparksCo)
- Added kernel script (Credits to SparksCo)
- Added sysctl tweaks (Credits to SparksCo)
- Added cycling bootanimation (Credits to SparksCo)
- Working audio (Credits to SparksCo)

Theme
- Stock theme
- Stock font
- Stock audio tones
- Nice FOUR looking bootanimation (Credits to SparksCo)

Kernel
- Custom kernel (Credits to SparksCo)

Last edited:
Reactions: ImHerMan

313dash

Oct 7, 2009
Detroit, MI
Okay blah I'm downloading and will give a spin this morning. I'll update you on what I think.

Update: This rom is pretty stable. Everything is working perfectly even the wireless tether. No FC's now its time to test the battery life. For just the begin this rom is great. Now its time for some themes! lol

Last edited:

blahbl4hblah

Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Cause Myjbarr is being a complete douche about me forgetting to asking for his permission to use his rom as a base, he has to remember did he even ask cyanogen to use his rom as a base?
I don't think so
So for everyone, blame him for killing my rom

mjybarr

Jul 18, 2010
www.mexdroidmod.com
Cause Myjbarr is being a complete douche about me forgetting to asking for his permission to use his rom as a base, he has to remember did he even ask cyanogen to use his rom as a base?
I don't think so

Why do I always have to take the blame....??? Its never anyone elses fault. Its always my mistake. Shame on me, for not handing over my rom to you so you can call it yours. Also it "mjybarr" and not "myjbarr".

meXdroidMod GingerMex Ghost Chile TEST

jmwils3

Sep 21, 2010
Madison, AL
Why do I always have to take the blame....??? Its never anyone elses fault. Its always my mistake. Shame on me, for not handing over my rom to you so you can call it yours. Also it "mjybarr" and not "myjbarr".

I don't think so

why does it have to be a blame game at all, guys? Seriously, we are all big boys and girls. If someone makes a mistake, they need to own up to it and fix it, not blame anyone else. All that does is cause bad feelings in the community. You guys are both awesome, and I believe we can all get along in peace, and learn from and help one another, to the benefit of the whole community. Sound like a plan, guys?

Durkbeef

Jun 25, 2010
Jerusalem

Question... is your rom based off of CM? If it is, why shouldn't he be able to say the same thing you just did... The best way to get great roms is by sharing and expanding. That is why CM is so great, it is a contribution from many people!

blahbl4hblah

Oct 3, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Question... is your rom based off of CM? If it is, why shouldn't he be able to say the same thing you just did... The best way to get great roms is by sharing and expanding. That is why CM is so great, it is a contribution from many people!

Yeah he's rom is based off of CM, but it doesn't matter anymore actually. I'm already working on a new release based off CM#17, along with the chance of better things

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

FAQ

What is apps2ext?
    Code:
    Apps2ext (previously called apps2SD) moved all user installed apps to a secondary ext partition on your sdcard. 
    This method had the advantage of being straight forward and simple, However, it had the drawback of being difficult to set up. 
    This method is no longer officially supported by CyanogenMod. 
    Please see the forum for device specific work-arounds if you really want apps2EXT on CyanogenMod.

Why did I include a apps2ext script to the rom?
    Code:
    Even though we have 1GB space of internal memory and a lot of the G2 users believe that is enough. 
    The more apps that are installed, the slower our phones can get after time.

Apps2ext takes all of that stress from our internal storage and diverts it to our sd-ext partition if there's any. 
    This results in our phones never have to worry about slowing down just because of the number of apps that we have installed.

What is swap?
    Quoted from Cyanogenmod Wiki
    Code:
    Swap is, in short, virtual RAM. With swap, a small portion of the hard drive is set aside and used like RAM. 
    The computer will attempt to keep as much information as possible in RAM until the RAM is full. 
    At that point, the computer will begin moving inactive blocks of memory (called pages) to the hard disk, freeing up RAM for active processes. 
    If one of the pages on the hard disk needs to be accessed again, it will be moved back into RAM, and a different inactive page in RAM will be moved onto the hard disk ('swapped'). 
    The trade off is disks and SD cards are considerably slower than physical RAM, so when something needs to be swapped, there is a noticeable performance hit.

Unlike traditional swap, Android's Memory Manager kills inactive processes to free up memory. 
    Android signals to the process, then the process will usually write out a small bit of specific information about its state (for example, Google Maps may write out the map view coordinates; Browser might write the URL of the page being viewed) and then the process exits. 
    When you next access that application, it is restarted: the application is loaded from storage, and retrieves the state information that it saved when it last closed. 
    In some applications, this makes it seem as if the application never closed at all. 
    This is not much different from traditional swap, except that Android apps are specially programed to write out very specific information, making Android's Memory Manager more efficient that swap.

Requirements:
    - HTC G2 / HTC Desire Z
    - S-OFF
    - SDCard

Recommended Requirements:
    *Only need this is you plan to use sd-ext and swap*
    - Sd-ext partition at least 1024MB
    - Swap partition at least 256MB

I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING ANY KIND OF SUPERWIPE
    The rom has it's own built in wipe

Installing Process
    - Backup your previous rom
    - Repartition your sdcard ONLY if you want sd-ext and/or swap enabled
    - Download the rom
    - Wipe everything (data, cache, dalvik-cache, battery stats)
    - Flash the rom
    - Once flashing process is complete it will auto reboot!

Working
    - Everything should be

Not Working
    - Nothing, but tell me if anything is broken

Issues
    - None at the moment

REGARDING ISSUES
    Post the issues on http://pastebin.com/
    - Please give me a logcat if you have an error, I can not help you if there's no logcat of the issue

Credits:
    - HTC (Making HTC G2/Desire Z)
    - Google (Android OS)
    - Cyanogenmod (Source)
    - SparksCo (Sd-ext, swap, kernel, cycling bootanimation, symlink scripts and sysctl tweaks)
    - SparksCo (Kernel)
    - Rambooster script (Credits to Darkky)
    - Sdcard increase script (Credits to brainmaster)

If I missed anyone, let me know and I'll add you to here

Download link:
    CM7-PyroMod-Stable-V2.3.7
    checksums md5: I will provide one later

If you love my roms, donate and hit that thanks button!
    Much appreciated!
    Cleaned thread. Like the OP said...if you are going to come in here just to stir the pot, do not bother. I am tired of cleaning the mess. This time you trouble makers will be infracted or banned.
    Stay on topic or I will be issuing infractions.
    https://www.box.com/shared/x7nrw2gkxj8u9qw7yy1w

Sent from my Desire Z using xda app-developers app
    rom update pyromod 1.3

Here is a update for you all from blah. For additions this includes flippy's previous kernel as the default one, so don't go flashing other kernels on top of it until blah has time to compile the new one and made compatible to flash over top of this one. If you guys have a kernel update request, simple post here and we will work on it. I can't give a full changelog as of yet, will update that later on, enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?t9dz6czqj8cozwr