[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

illini71

Feb 12, 2011
I have this kernel installed on GR-10 and im still having these wacky issue with the auto rotation. Isnt this kernel supposed to fix this. Can some lead me in the direction for a fix.

Thanks,

G

GuestK003

Haven't heard anything in a bit about dev on this Kernel. Is it still going?

ppalbicke

Dec 14, 2010
Chicago
I have this kernel installed on GR-10 and im still having these wacky issue with the auto rotation. Isnt this kernel supposed to fix this. Can some lead me in the direction for a fix.

Thanks,

Got it. I went in and messed with calibration and see there is an issue that prevents auto rotation. Only fix I did was reboot and all is well, but it is still an issue if you try and re-calibrate.

G

GuestK003

I'd like to get into this. If you need a guinea pig/student.. I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes.

Soccer_Dad

Jan 5, 2011
Montevideo
What are your issues? I had this running on GR9 and now on 11 without issue.
That's funny. I've just decided to flash the even updates, and you are working on the odd ones.

It will be nice when someone writes a script that works on both recovery 2.5 and 3, or has a way to switch recovery from inside recovery. For now, I'm hanging on to 2.5, figuring that it's two odin sessions to test something like Talon and come back to xcals kernel. That's two more chances to brick my phone than I'd like to take.

momulah

May 4, 2009
Op-Town
Hey guys if I convert system to ext4 and leave rfs for the rest with a different kernel then flash this kernel will it bootloop?

XDA presents....Samsung Captivate $4G

G

GuestK003

What's stopping you? Grab the source and poke around :p

Knowing what to look for. I bought a book on Linux kernel development. Just need to read it. TBH I'm afraid to ask questions on here just starting out. I've seen too many people flamed.

EDIT: I need to start a forum where if you flame you're banned perm.

HaiKaiDo

Mar 12, 2010
That's funny. I've just decided to flash the even updates, and you are working on the odd ones.

It will be nice when someone writes a script that works on both recovery 2.5 and 3, or has a way to switch recovery from inside recovery. For now, I'm hanging on to 2.5, figuring that it's two odin sessions to test something like Talon and come back to xcals kernel. That's two more chances to brick my phone than I'd like to take.

Cant brick your phone from flashing a kernel with odin. not a hardbrick anyway. worst that would happen is you would have to re flash the current rom your on now.

jferg5

Dec 22, 2010
I've been using sgs kernel flasher from the market to switch between kernels, and I haven't had a prob yet. I have found it a safe and easy way to switch them. I have used it on a couple of my friends phones too and they have no issues either

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium App

WickedNite

Aug 10, 2010
So this reboot problem is with the latest update which is 1.1 or is it also with the 1.0 release?

olo567

Jan 8, 2011
Tried to flash this back over Talon after converting back to RFS, but can't use the CWM zip from Talon's CWM3 because this still used amend commands instead of edify. Xcal, any chance that can be... amended? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts