[Q] Asus transformer won't turn on :(

Search This thread

Ewarroof

Mar 10, 2011
I've had it for about 3 weeks and I had it in its sleeve for a night then go to use it and it won't boot or anything.

Have tried charging it but nothing comes up what so ever.

Anyone else had this problem?

*edit*
Held power button for about 20 seconds then booted it. Booted up, sheesh I was worried !

Is this common? Does it seem hardware or software related?

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2011
Mine done the same thing. Watching a movie last night via HDMI with power supply plugged in, turned it off before I went to bed. Now it doesn't power on, tried everything above.

Please help

Note: Not rooted, stock

rezor664

Dec 7, 2010
Oh my god, thanks for this. I just got my transformer today, and after I installed the update, it wouldn't start up. I held the power button down for about 10 seconds and it started up.

junks2010

Oct 30, 2009
My TF won't turn on this morning.
I tried all the suggestions above but nothing work.
I don't think my TF is in a deep sleep mode because I turned it off last night before I went to bed. It's connected to the charger the hold night.
Any other suggestions?
How do I check to see if my TF's battery still has some juice in it? (Just want to eliminate the charger as a possible cause).

junks2010

Oct 30, 2009
Update
Called ASUS.
They told me to try press power button 10 secs, release 2 secs, and press power button 10 secs. That didn't work.
I had to hard reset the tablet (Vol-, power)

Natedogs911

Apr 7, 2009
my buddy's wont seem to turn on, tried all listed above and nothing from it at all.
tried charging through usb. any suggestions?

Last edited:

dazz87

Apr 27, 2011
Okay if your TF does not have the SOD then maybe your screen may be dead. Happen to me. See if you could connect yout tf to a tv via hdmi. If you are getting a picture then your tf screen is dead

bigprengel

Aug 20, 2010
I think the batterie is broke cause it bootet up right now but after the lock screen appeard the screen got black. But the Problem came so suddenly.

apols

Feb 1, 2011
I have the same problem ( as detailed in my thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=15475887#post15475887 ). I sent an email to ASUS, but have yet to hear back. Their support portal is terrible. The links for online chat support don't work in Chrome, Firefox or IE. I'm past the 30 day return window, anyone know the best way to contact asus about this? I'm pretty disappointed that this $400 device with no moving parts just seemed to fail (while I was using it). The worst part is, if I have to send it in, I have no way of wiping my data beforehand.

b1ackplague

Dec 31, 2007
Try contacting the user "Asus_NA" (no quotes) via PM here on XDA.

Sent from my Asus Decepticon using Tapatalk

mayfield103

Mar 1, 2011
Loganville, Ga
Thank you thank you thank you for this thread I was just about to call asus. I'm glad I checked xda first saved me a lot of hassle. :) +1

don't forget to bring a towel!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds then wait five then try to turn it on

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App
    It's known as the deep sleep issue. It's somewhat widespread yet no one knows what exactly causes it

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App