[Kernel-GB/OC CPU&GPU] Thrillz GB! Better baked taste, less baked feeling!

Search This thread

bedwa

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
This is my start of my Gingerbread version of my Thrillz Kernel. 1.2 GHZ overclock with GPU overclock as well. I plan to add CIFS and TUN to it in the near future along with a cleanup of this post. But it is late at night and I am on my cell.

Without further ado, here it is!

Git below, based on V21A for Europe, so it works fine with Lestatious. ;)

Special shoutout to samno as he was the one that found out how to fix the cellular issue.

Attachments

• ThrillzGBv1.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 882

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
With the overclock, will it cause a drain in the battery? Right now I have my phone on idle with just email notification and after 13 hours it went down 25% already :(

bedwa

Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
Voltage for 1.2 is same as 1.0 stock, so should be comparable to current. Voltage tweakage IS on the list.

WeWearFedoras

Jan 19, 2012
Waco, Texas
So do I just flash this with CWM or do I have to do something else to put this kernel on my phone? I'm running Lestatious ROM on my phone.

Sent by my Biohazardous LG Thrill

WeWearFedoras

Jan 19, 2012
Waco, Texas
I just flashed it. I'll post any problems I run into here. Thanks for this. any particular improvements I should stay noticing?

Sent by my Biohazardous LG Thrill

bedwa

Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
You could try it with a stock rom, but I would always advise a backup in case you need to need to restore your boot.img.

From an Icy Touchpad. Word.

bedwa

Oct 5, 2008
Springfield IL
Should. Please try and let me know. If you have any issues, use a CWM advanced restore and restore only "boot."

borelis

Sep 2, 2008
Best working kernel for me! I'm on a OP3D with ThiaZ clean 0.2. First time i can do 1.2ghz without freeze or reboot. It's super smooth. Got small lags in games such as Dead Space, otherwise my phone is flying. Thank you.

-----If it ain't working, try something else. ------

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my start of my Gingerbread version of my Thrillz Kernel. 1.2 GHZ overclock with GPU overclock as well. I plan to add CIFS and TUN to it in the near future along with a cleanup of this post. But it is late at night and I am on my cell.

Without further ado, here it is!

Git below, based on V21A for Europe, so it works fine with Lestatious. ;)

Special shoutout to samno as he was the one that found out how to fix the cellular issue.
    Can i use this kernel on P925 with V20 or is it only for v21??

Is CWM available for V20?

Thanks in Advance

Yes, works on all GB basebands.

Yes, see the returning to stock thread, first part called recovery manager.

Sent from my LG-P920 using Tapatalk
    Just flash with CWM.
    Completely forgot to ask.
    What's the maximum overclock speed for this?

1.2 ATM.

Bedwa, could this Kernel increase my speeds of downloading. Rar files off the net on phone?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA

That would be either your apn, or baseband. I use the stock rild commands in the kernel.

My Tab makes phone calls yo! (GT-P6800)