All things Apple Vs. Samsung

Search This thread

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
I am sure everyone is tired of every other thread is another variation of this suit or some bit of news. All news, theories, arguments and complaints about it are to go here. I will be locking all the other threads on this subject.
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
I am sure everyone is tired of every other thread is another variation of this suit or some bit of news. All news, theories, arguments and complaints about it are to go here. I will be locking all the other threads on this subject.

I hadn't noticed all that many, but I keep my nose only in the T-Mob SGS3 section. Good to know, however, that it will all be in one place.

shehrammajid

May 27, 2009
Houston, TX
coming after our phone next.....? U already have the phone, its not like they can come pry it out ur hands or Force ur carrier to stop supporting it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Well i read somewhere that the trial for "our" phone is set for sometime in 2014 so by that time I'll have moved on the to S4 lol. But I agree apple is so scared of samsung that instead of making there product better, they try to kill the competition....

found the link:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443618604577624410538954138.html

ayeitschris

Jan 23, 2011
California
Specific devices named in this filing are the the Galaxy S III, Galaxy S III carried by Verizon, Galaxy Note, Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy S II, Galaxy S II carried by T-Mobile, Galaxy S II – AT&T, Galaxy Nexus, Illusion, Captivate Glide, Exhibit II 4G, Stratosphere, Transform Ultra, Admire, Conquer 4G, and Dart smartphones, the Galaxy Player 4.0 and Galaxy Player 5.0 media players; and the Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus, and Galaxy Tab 8.9 tablets.

ccoop769

Apr 26, 2011
FL
www.truckittransport.com
Just need a good spot to put post #3. But to stay on topic, I am not a fan of apple at all. Their simple non customizable small screened phones to the corporate office and apples lawyers. I will leave it at that for now:cool:

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
I heard Samsung is going to start working with Microsoft and distance itself from android. That's what I'm most bummed about.

That's just speculation/rumour at this point

However, they do plan to leave Android behind at some point, which is why they're working on Tizen. Read up on it

babymatteo

Aug 30, 2011
SoCal
I wonder when will be the day Apple makes the mistake of introducing their own Phablet or even the use of an S-pen like stylus.

yzf750

Aug 18, 2006
Wisconsin
heh

Attachments

• 13682_1.jpg
    13682_1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 241

scriller

Jun 21, 2010
I wonder when will be the day Apple makes the mistake of introducing their own Phablet or even the use of an S-pen like stylus.

As far as I know Samsung doesn't own the tech inside their s-pen. They're licensing it from wacom as the s-pen is using wacom technology therefore Samsung can't sue over that. So if apple should come out with s-pen type stylus all they would have to do is license the tech from wacom just the same way Samsung did.

seksmeup

Feb 15, 2012
That's just speculation/rumour at this point

However, they do plan to leave Android behind at some point, which is why they're working on Tizen. Read up on it

I highly doubt that they would leave Android completely as they would definitely lose a lot of their userbase. Tizen is very much in early stages and doesn't have much developer support and it's not even certain if current devs will port over their applications to Tizen. From what I've heard, Tizen's apps are written in HTML5, which could potentially lose a lot of devs that are not already familiar to web development (can't say much on this since I haven't tried developing in HTML5 before). The most important is still the amount of apps that Android already has. For Tizen to even compete against Android, they must have a lot of quality apps that can compete with the Android market. This isn't a small task by any means and I haven't seen anything extraordinary from Tizen that could possibly convince me that it is vastly superior to the Android OS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is so obvious that Apple is now playing catch up its ridiculous. When Apple announced the original iPhone it truly was revolutionary. It’s success was due to a new fresh look at technology along with the outstanding poker face, salesmanship and charisma that Steve Jobs had. Apple was able to maintain their market domination because of him and because of the seamless operating system in which the phone operated on. Now that Jobs is no longer here, the iPhone is behind the times in this ever evolving technology savvy world we live in. The best in screen resolution on a smaller phone wont cut it for me. A sapphire lens does nothing for me. An extra row of stupid icons does nothing for me…. I want to personalize a device to my liking. I want information without having to open an app. I want to do what I want, not what someone tells me what I want. The lack of NFC, widgets, and innovation in the iPhone 5 is utterly disappointing. This is the world of today, and there are more people getting on that boat that there are off of it. Apple can boast all they want about having a faster processor, but until they put it to the true test of multitasking and something other than just icons on the homescreen, it’s a moot point.
    coming after our phone next.....? U already have the phone, its not like they can come pry it out ur hands or Force ur carrier to stop supporting it.

Well i read somewhere that the trial for "our" phone is set for sometime in 2014 so by that time I'll have moved on the to S4 lol. But I agree apple is so scared of samsung that instead of making there product better, they try to kill the competition....

found the link:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443618604577624410538954138.html

<sigh> Thank you Capt. Obvious.
    We do have to give Apple credit where credit is due. They defined the mobile industry just over 5 years ago with the launch of the iphone. A large touchscreen phone with few buttons is still the form factor everyone is using 5 years later. Thanks Apple :thumbs up:

However, android launched 2 years later in 2009 and in just 3 years has added a huge amount of features and improvements. The biggest problem with apple is its meant to be simple, intuitive, and in doing so is locked down. basically 0 customization; and the one thing that apple has really had going for it in the past, excellent hardware, has been out shined in this latest generation of phones.

In the end i have never owned an iphone and most likely never will.