[Q] Question regarding notifications

Search This thread

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
I am new to HTC One, coming from S4.

Is Sense lockscreen supposed to show notifications? Light up when something happnes, like a new sms or email? I don't see this on my phone. I know there is a LED on the phone also, it lights up when I'm charing the phone, but only then. I see in the settings that there is a setting for led, it is on, but I don't see any.

How is this supposed to work on the One? Do I have to install DynamicNotifications or do you recommend anything else?

Also, I don't find any function for "Do not disturb" which can be setup to automatically silence the phone at nighttime, except for contacts I choose to whitelist. Like "Blocking-Mode" on Samsung. There isn't any?

haran_rulez

Sep 27, 2008
I am new to HTC One, coming from S4.

Is Sense lockscreen supposed to show notifications? Light up when something happnes, like a new sms or email? I don't see this on my phone. I know there is a LED on the phone also, it lights up when I'm charing the phone, but only then. I see in the settings that there is a setting for led, it is on, but I don't see any.

How is this supposed to work on the One? Do I have to install DynamicNotifications or do you recommend anything else?

Also, I don't find any function for "Do not disturb" which can be setup to automatically silence the phone at nighttime, except for contacts I choose to whitelist. Like "Blocking-Mode" on Samsung. There isn't any?

1. Yes it will show Notifications. If you need that info, go to Settings, Security, Notification Settings and enable the appropriate ones you need...
2. The LED will blink based on the notifications you will select in the "Notification light" option in settings again. It doesn't blink for long, the blink happens only for a brief time....This is to make sure it doesn't dry your battery...

Cheers!!!

Hit thanks only if this helped you ;)

jadajada

Jul 5, 2007
Hmm... I cannot get this to work. When using the stock sms-app I get no notifications at all, no sound, no popup, nothing on the lock-screen. Nothing. In the app all notifications are set to on. In settings everything is set to notify on the lock screen and led is on.

When using ChompSMS, I get notification sound, but nothing on the lock-screen, except when I use the Dynamic Notifications app. There's no light in the led though.

When using gmail I get the sound, but nothing on lock screen and no led-blink. If I use Dynamic Notifications I get notified on the lock-screen, but no led-blink.

I am on 4.3 and pure stock.

How is this supposed to work? Coming from Samsung, this is very confusing. It simply won't work.

The led lights when charging though, but never on anything else.