Front facing camera isses - HTC Camera app

Search This thread

vindarten

Dec 31, 2017
Hey everybody,

I'm having a weird issue with my U11 Life - the stock HTC Camera app doesn't save photos taken with front facing camera. It gets stuck in the Processing stage - with or without HDR Boost, 12 or 16 MPx resolution, same effect.
The selfie videos are just fine and other apps are working perfectly well, but I can only get 4MPx resolution for the photos .

Was wondering if anyone has a similar issue.

HTC U11 Life EU Android One, 64GB/4GB
HTC Camera app v. 9.30.1009003
Stock ROM, December 1 Security Update.

dimdom1919

May 25, 2017
53842 Troisdorf
I have the same problem

HTC U11 Life (EU, German) 32GB/3GB
HTC Stock Camera App version: 9.30.1009003
Security Update: 1.December.2017
Stock Rom.

MC_Ohr

Jan 23, 2009
It is the same here with November security patch. I think it depends on the update of 30th December.
BTW. Wich Build number do you have after security update?

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 life mit Tapatalk

Reactions: saturday_night

EugeneP1969

Jan 1, 2018
Same problem here. I installed the Google camera and that works well.
Update 5 jan 2018:
I contacted HTC Support and they suggested to restore the default settings in the camera app. I also cleared the memory of the app. All this worked for me.
In the meantime, the camera app also got a update so what brought the solution...?

Last edited:

vindarten

Dec 31, 2017
Thanks a lot, everybody!

Contacted HTC about the issue, waiting for the answer. If they come up with something useful will post here. Using Open Camera for now, will give Google camera a try :)

Reactions: NexusMT

Juttka

Jan 4, 2018
Hi!
Could you please share if HTC provided any useful reply? I have a similar issue. The HTC support advised to clear cache and data, check in safe mode and finally reset factory data. None of that solved the problem. So now they ask to send the device to their service centre.

street_dog

Oct 9, 2011
January 4, 2018 update for the HTC Camera app fixed the issue.

HTC Camera app ver. 9.30.1017320

i got my phone yesterday and with a system update right from the start but my camera says 9.30.1008337. i've tried but there is no updates for me today. and yes, it gets stuck...

Just saw in play store that there was an update...and now it works... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: muchachaxx

EugeneP1969

Jan 1, 2018
Hi!
Could you please share if HTC provided any useful reply? I have a similar issue. The HTC support advised to clear cache and data, check in safe mode and finally reset factory data. None of that solved the problem. So now they ask to send the device to their service centre.

I contacted HTC Support and they suggested to restore the default settings in the camera app. I also cleared the memory of the app. All this worked for me.

Reactions: Juttka

Juttka

Jan 4, 2018
The update for the HTC Camera app from the Play store solved the issue in my case as well. Thanks All :)

Reactions: NexusMT

Boskoel03

Nov 20, 2010
Vienna,Belgrade
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Same problem here. I installed the Google camera and that works well.
Update 5 jan 2018:
In the meantime, the camera app also got a update so what brought the solution...?
Hallo,one question as i maybe get this device,u are using google camera from bsg,or? Does the portrait mode works,and how it does work on this device? I have regular U11 and all is working,wondering does it here? Thanks

muchachaxx

Mar 18, 2018
Detroit
i got my phone yesterday and with a system update right from the start but my camera says 9.30.1008337. i've tried but there is no updates for me today. and yes, it gets stuck...

I got my phone in early March but wasn't alerted to any security updates. After reading this thread, I manually checked for an update and saw that there was one dated January 1st. This update solved the front-facing pic saving issue. I don't know what Android version I had before this update, but it now shows that it's 8.0.0.

I forgot about xda-developers forums and luckily, my friend reminded me of them so I joined today. I appreciate the help! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It is the same here with November security patch. I think it depends on the update of 30th December.

Thanks a lot, everybody!

Contacted HTC about the issue, waiting for the answer. If they come up with something useful will post here. Using Open Camera for now, will give Google camera a try :)

The Build Number is 1.09.401.2.9.0_g