[ROM][discovery][PIE] Resurrection Remix [DISCONTINUED]

Search This thread

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
alaskalinuxuser3.ddns.net
photo.jpg

To God be the glory, I finally finished a XA2 Ultra build of Resurrection Remix! It's Resurrection Remix, Pie flavored!

WARNING: This is for phones that are now using the 50.2 firmware base! There is still an old build for the 50.1 firmware base, but I recommend you upgrade to 50.2 firmware.

"We work to make your android experience elegant. Handpicked features beautifully packed into one ROM."

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

A huge thanks to the Resurrection Remix team!​

Another huge thanks goes out to @LuK1337 for all of the great development that he does on the Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra! He did most of the heavy lifting by making a great LineageOS build, upon which this RR is based. Please note, this is an UNOFFICIAL ROM.

Disclaimer: Resurrection Remix is not responsible for any damages to your device.
All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make Resurrection Remix, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

This Unofficial Resurrection Remix Pie ROM was built for H3223 (discovery), but may work on some of the other variants, please try at your own risk. However, if you do try it on another variant, please be sure to let me know in the comments how it worked.

Downloads:
Rom Download link:
WARNING: This is only for those on firmware versions 50.2.xxxxxx, not for those who are on firmware versions 50.1.xxxx. I recommend everyone update to 50.2 firmware!
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/el24nm0l3m38y/50.2_based

WARNING: This is only for those on firmware versions 50.1.xxxxxx, not for those who are on firmware versions 50.2.xxxx and up. This old version is not updated, but works fine.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/15nb0swbcqcxi/50.1_based

If there is an ENG and USERDEBUG build, the ENG build is marked "ENG" for testing purposes only. You can install anything you want, but I recommend not installing the ENG build.

Gapps link:
http://opengapps.org/
If desired. Personally, I've gone Gapp-less.

Installation instructions:
-Download ROM and gapps, and put them on your removable sdcard storage. (Or leave on your computer and flash with adb sideload.)
-Reboot into the bootloader.
-Fastboot boot your TWRP.
-Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
-Wipe everything and format data.
-Install Rom. (Either from adb sideload or from your removable sdcard storage.)
!!!IF YOU GET AN ERROR, MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE LATEST TWRP!!!
-Reboot to system and enjoy!
If you also want Gapps:
-Reboot again into the bootloader.
-Install Gapps. - Optional
If you plan to install magisk (good idea), then let the rom boot the first time, then go back to TWRP and flash magisk. This is optional, of course.

What works:
Code:
So far everything that I have tried works, such as
- Camera for pictures and video!
- Phone calls
- Data 3g/LTE
- Bluetooth
- WiFi
- MTP
- FM Radio
etc....
What doesn't:
Code:
- Nothing else that I know of, but if you find something, please let me know so we can try to fix it!

Source Code:
https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix
Official website:
http://www.resurrectionremix.com/
My device trees, vendor blobs, and kernel source:
https://gitlab.com/alaskalinuxuser/android_device_sony_discovery

ROM OS Version: 9.0 Pie
RR version: 7.0.2
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.153
Based On: The best of every ROM, but particularly based on LineageOS.

Created 2019-08-16
Last Updated 2019-11-04

Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks

Attachments

• treb1.jpg
    treb1.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 846
  • apps.jpg
    apps.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 871
  • about.jpg
    about.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 849
  • settings1.jpg
    settings1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 813
  • settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 777
  • sensors.jpg
    sensors.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 767
  • message.jpg
    message.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 758
  • gps.jpg
    gps.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramanoid

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Thanks given! Thank you so much man! Don't get me wrong I love Lineage but I was ready for some more rom love ?

Yeah, I think @LuK1337 and the LineageOS team does a great job. I just like having a little variety, myself. :cowboy:

Question though, I'm on the latest nightly of lineage, can I wipe and drop this gem on it with success?

You sure can, because that's what I just did. However, you may have to wipe and format data. :good:

Reactions: appleknight

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Loving the rom keep up the good work everything works but SD cards which was the same on lineage. Other than that this rom has the rr customization and is smooth like butter!

Great! Thanks guys! I used to build roms all the time, back before Oreo, but I took a break for a while and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I'll try to chase down that sdcard issue, I didn't have one in the phone to test it.

My usual MO is to build Lineage (already done by LuK1337), RR, AOKP, and SlimRoms (I don't think Slim has a working Pie at the moment), then move on to custom kernel work. We'll see what we can get done here. I also have two of these phones, so I'm hoping to finish building these roms, then update the phone to 50.2 firmware and update the device trees, kernel, and blobs to match and see if we can update the roms for the latest firmware. I can only image that @LuK1337 already tried this, so there must be some hangup in doing so, but we'll see what we can do. No promises, since I'm not the most skilled dev, but that's the overall plan. :cowboy:

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Loving the rom keep up the good work everything works but SD cards which was the same on lineage. Other than that this rom has the rr customization and is smooth like butter!

I just tested my sdcard, and it came right up. I could access the files and I started watching a video from there. What specifically doesn't work for you when you use an sdcard so I can troubleshoot that?

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Oh? Well then what am I doing wrong cause for some reason the phone will freeze on setup unless I remove it? I dirty flash and follow the steps mentioned above? Perhaps is their a certain format aosp or certain Roms prefer like exfat or fat32... Etc

Thanks for the info. So a few thoughts and questions, so we can get to the bottom of the issue:

Thought - I highly discourage dirty flashing. You never know what is left over from the last ROM. It makes trouble shooting very difficult.

Question - does it work without flashing gapps or magisk, just when you flash only the ROM? (This works for me here, just a clean install with only the ROM. I don't use gapps anymore, so that may matter.)

Question - if you do flash gapps or not, does it work if you boot the phone without it for the first boot, then power down and put it in for future use? E.g., does it work on subsequent boots, after setup is complete?

Question - what firmware are you running? And what phone variant?

Thanks, these things will help. Also, a huge help is pulling logs with logcat, so I can see the errors about the sdcard.

Question for the group: is anyone else successful in using the sdcard?

Reactions: Yodasgodfather

appleknight

Just as a side note, I tried using the lineage addonsu zip(since this is lineage based). It definitely adds root to the developer options menu, but does nothing when an app tries to gain root( no dialog, toast etc..) just in case anyone wanted to know. So I went with magisk ?

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Thanks for the info. So a few thoughts and questions, so we can get to the bottom of the issue:

Thought - I highly discourage dirty flashing. You never know what is left over from the last ROM. It makes trouble shooting very difficult.

Question - does it work without flashing gapps or magisk, just when you flash only the ROM? (This works for me here, just a clean install with only the ROM. I don't use gapps anymore, so that may matter.)

Question - if you do flash gapps or not, does it work if you boot the phone without it for the first boot, then power down and put it in for future use? E.g., does it work on subsequent boots, after setup is complete?

Question - what firmware are you running? And what phone variant?

Thanks, these things will help. Also, a huge help is pulling logs with logcat, so I can see the errors about the sdcard.

Question for the group: is anyone else successful in using the sdcard?
No issues with sdcard here! H3223

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Question: is there a hide navbar setting? If so I missed it so I'm using an app called custom navigation bar, which I've had to use in the past, tho for some reason on this rom it's sometimes difficult to get to appear when you swipe up from the bottom, any ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Great! Thanks guys! I used to build roms all the time, back before Oreo, but I took a break for a while and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I'll try to chase down that sdcard issue, I didn't have one in the phone to test it.

My usual MO is to build Lineage (already done by LuK1337), RR, AOKP, and SlimRoms (I don't think Slim has a working Pie at the moment), then move on to custom kernel work. We'll see what we can get done here. I also have two of these phones, so I'm hoping to finish building these roms, then update the phone to 50.2 firmware and update the device trees, kernel, and blobs to match and see if we can update the roms for the latest firmware. I can only image that @LuK1337 already tried this, so there must be some hangup in doing so, but we'll see what we can do. No promises, since I'm not the most skilled dev, but that's the overall plan. :cowboy:
Would definitely love to see some slim love ? I developed for the z ultra back in the day. I never have the spare time anymore, full time parent n all

Reactions: AlaskaLinuxUser

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Just as a side note, I tried using the lineage addonsu zip(since this is lineage based). It definitely adds root to the developer options menu, but does nothing when an app tries to gain root( no dialog, toast etc..) just in case anyone wanted to know. So I went with magisk

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

No issues with sdcard here! H3223

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

Question: is there a hide navbar setting? If so I missed it so I'm using an app called custom navigation bar, which I've had to use in the past, tho for some reason on this rom it's sometimes difficult to get to appear when you swipe up from the bottom, any ideas?

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Would definitely love to see some slim love ? I developed for the z ultra back in the day. I never have the spare time anymore, full time parent n all

Hear you there, I've got three and one in the oven! Kids are great, but they'll keep you busy!

As for the Nav bar, go to settings, RR tools, navigation, navigation, enable nav bar. :good:
There are several options as well, fling, standard, edited, etc. You'd have to play with them to get it all sorted out how you like it.

It doesn't I'm not able to access it. Doesn't matter if I flash gapps or not the phone will not boot properly with the SD card in and it works fine on stock. It was the same issue on lineage os. The setup will be stuck in a loop say its searching for networks and eventually crash the system. When I inserted it just now it kept saying "phone is starting" and just crashed. Should I try formatting the SD card? I have xa2 ultra h3223 just in case your wondering...

AlaskaLinuxUser

Oct 23, 2015
Fairbanks
Congrats man! I meant to autohide the navbar, I don't see an option for it.

Thanks! Sorry I didn't understand your request. Yes, the "expanded desktop" option will auto hide the status bar and/or the navbar per your preferences. Settings, display, advanced, expanded desktop. A swipe up brings the bar back. :good:

It doesn't I'm not able to access it. Doesn't matter if I flash gapps or not the phone will not boot properly with the SD card in and it works fine on stock. It was the same issue on lineage os. The setup will be stuck in a loop say its searching for networks and eventually crash the system. When I inserted it just now it kept saying "phone is starting" and just crashed. Should I try formatting the SD card? I have xa2 ultra h3223 just in case your wondering...

I think formatting the card would be wise. If you used it as "built in" storage before, instead of for transferring files (the initial question it asks when you first put one in) you can run into trouble with it on other ROMs or phones. I have the same phone, and it is working for me and for appleknight, so it must be something with your phone or card. Let me know if formatting helps. :good:

appleknight

Ah that works, still for some reason though I have to swipe a few times to get it to appear, almost seems like the sensitivity is off or something it's weird

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

So do you think the RR team will make this an official build? ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, good news! Praise God! I was able to build Android 9.0 based off the Xperia opensource project with the 50.2 firmware. I flashed it to my 50.2 phone and it works - mostly. It also includes the 4.9 kernel as well (50.1 is still using 4.4 kernel), so that's great! Attached are a few teaser shots.

Everything worked: camera, bluetooth, gps, wifi, cellular, display, sound, fingerprint, etc. the only problem is it seems a bit buggy....
    A few buggy examples are: When using the camera, I switched to selfie mode, then back to the back camera, and it shows up green tinted, you have to reboot to fix it. MTP transfers or PTP file transfers seemed to glitch every now and then, causing problems when moving files back and forth between the computer. And a few other items like that.
    So it is not a daily driver yet for sure, but it is good progress! :highfive:
    I checked the RR repository today, they still have not committed all of the security update changes for October. As soon as they do that, I will make a new (50.1 based firmware) build.

I am currently working on Android 10. It is booting and many things are working, but the 4.14 kernel is not very stable yet. I am also working on the best way forward to support those with 50.2 based firmware. I would like to find a path forward where everyone can legitimately upgrade to 50.2 firmware and have a good solid working custom rom. Thank you for your patience.
    photo.jpg

To God be the glory, I finally finished a XA2 Ultra build of Resurrection Remix! It's Resurrection Remix, Pie flavored!

WARNING: This is for phones that are now using the 50.2 firmware base! There is still an old build for the 50.1 firmware base, but I recommend you upgrade to 50.2 firmware.

"We work to make your android experience elegant. Handpicked features beautifully packed into one ROM."

**** This is an UNOFFICIAL ROM. Install at your own risk! ****

A huge thanks to the Resurrection Remix team!​

Another huge thanks goes out to @LuK1337 for all of the great development that he does on the Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra! He did most of the heavy lifting by making a great LineageOS build, upon which this RR is based. Please note, this is an UNOFFICIAL ROM.

Disclaimer: Resurrection Remix is not responsible for any damages to your device.
    All of my work is completely available for any who wish to use or modify it. I didn't make Resurrection Remix, the device trees, or vendor blobs. I simply used and edited existing material. A huge thanks should go to those who actually created this stuff.

This Unofficial Resurrection Remix Pie ROM was built for H3223 (discovery), but may work on some of the other variants, please try at your own risk. However, if you do try it on another variant, please be sure to let me know in the comments how it worked.

Downloads:
    Rom Download link:
    WARNING: This is only for those on firmware versions 50.2.xxxxxx, not for those who are on firmware versions 50.1.xxxx. I recommend everyone update to 50.2 firmware!
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/el24nm0l3m38y/50.2_based

WARNING: This is only for those on firmware versions 50.1.xxxxxx, not for those who are on firmware versions 50.2.xxxx and up. This old version is not updated, but works fine.
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/15nb0swbcqcxi/50.1_based

If there is an ENG and USERDEBUG build, the ENG build is marked "ENG" for testing purposes only. You can install anything you want, but I recommend not installing the ENG build.

Gapps link:
    http://opengapps.org/
    If desired. Personally, I've gone Gapp-less.

Installation instructions:
    -Download ROM and gapps, and put them on your removable sdcard storage. (Or leave on your computer and flash with adb sideload.)
    -Reboot into the bootloader.
    -Backup what you had. (Just to be safe.)
    -Wipe everything and format data.
    -Install Rom. (Either from adb sideload or from your removable sdcard storage.)
    !!!IF YOU GET AN ERROR, MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE LATEST TWRP!!!
    -Reboot to system and enjoy!
    If you also want Gapps:
    -Reboot again into the bootloader.
    -Install Gapps. - Optional
    If you plan to install magisk (good idea), then let the rom boot the first time, then go back to TWRP and flash magisk. This is optional, of course.

What works:
    Code:
    So far everything that I have tried works, such as
    - Camera for pictures and video!
    - Phone calls
    - Data 3g/LTE
    - Bluetooth
    - WiFi
    - MTP
    - FM Radio
    etc....
    What doesn't:
    Code:
    - Nothing else that I know of, but if you find something, please let me know so we can try to fix it!

Source Code:
    https://github.com/ResurrectionRemix
    Official website:
    http://www.resurrectionremix.com/
    My device trees, vendor blobs, and kernel source:
    https://gitlab.com/alaskalinuxuser/android_device_sony_discovery

ROM OS Version: 9.0 Pie
    RR version: 7.0.2
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.153
    Based On: The best of every ROM, but particularly based on LineageOS.

Created 2019-08-16
    Last Updated 2019-11-04
    Sweet! Camera crashes with stock app or just any camera app? Personally I've grown accustomed to open camera myself. Cheers for the hard work mate!

Camera is fixed, uploading now....
    Just checked again this morning, RR has still not updated their pie source code with the security patches. I believe that all of their "phocus" is on Android 10. I'll check next week and we will see about using Luk1337's 50.2 firmware for the build as well.