[Recovery] LeTV x3-55 x3-55pro x3-65 x3-65pro

Search This thread

dipcore

Jul 7, 2015
Recovery for LETV Super TV X3-50, X3-55, X3-55Pro, X3-65, X3-65Pro

The recovery is based on generic aosp recovery. Signature checking is completely disabled, so you can flash any .zip update. The responsibility of what are you flashing is entirely on you.
The main problem was - the recovery cannot get assess to the TV screen. I wrote a lot of code to make fbdev working.

Successfully tested on:
x3-65 (Super3 Max65)
x3-55Pro (Super3 x55Pro)
x3-55 (Super3 x55)
x3-50 (Super3 x50)

How to flash recovery?
- TV is off
- Put LetvUpgrade928.bin from the archive to root folder of a usb drive and insert it to the TV
- Stay in front of the TV and point the remote to the center of the TV and press: SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH-, CH+, POWER (each button should be hold during 1-2 seconds, so no rush)
- TV will boot up and you'll get a blue progress bar. After flashing the TV turns itself off.

How to enter recovery mode?
Two ways to enter the recovery:
- If you have physical buttons on the TV then just press and hold Vol+ button on the TV.
- If you do not have buttons on the TV you can use remote. Press: SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH+, CH-, POWER

Download recovery
View attachment letv_recovery_v0.0.3.zip
View attachment letv_recovery_v0.0.2.zip
View attachment letv_recovery_v0.0.1b.zip

Last edited:

thoth_19

Apr 25, 2011
Berea
Having a bit of an issue. Installed your custom rom. Been running it a while without issues. Decided to load your recovery. All went well with the install and I worked on setting the device up.

I hit a snag while installing apps and needed to factory reset. Used the setting factory reset. Tv rebooted, acted like it wiped, then failed. Tried to boot it up but never gets to the animated screen Le Ecosystem screen. Stops trying after a minute or so and turns off.

Any way I could get a flashible rom zip or some advise on how to get the stock recovery back on it to reflash your rom bin file @dipcore

I can get to your custom recovery without issues.

TV = X3-55 Pro

Reactions: ganesh2k5

dipcore

Jul 7, 2015
Having a bit of an issue. Installed your custom rom. Been running it a while without issues. Decided to load your recovery. All went well with the install and I worked on setting the device up.

I hit a snag while installing apps and needed to factory reset. Used the setting factory reset. Tv rebooted, acted like it wiped, then failed. Tried to boot it up but never gets to the animated screen Le Ecosystem screen. Stops trying after a minute or so and turns off.

Any way I could get a flashible rom zip or some advise on how to get the stock recovery back on it to reflash your rom bin file @dipcore

I can get to your custom recovery without issues.

TV = X3-55 Pro

I will investigate wiping issue.
You can flash bin files without any problem, in the same way as you did it before (SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH-, CH+, POWER) I did not change that.

Reactions: thoth_19

thoth_19

Apr 25, 2011
Berea
I will investigate wiping issue.
You can flash bin files without any problem, in the same way as you did it before (SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH-, CH+, POWER) I did not change that.

I'll give that a go. It wasnt liking it much when I tried it, however I can wipe the USB drive and give it another go.

Minor setback aside, stellar job on this. These have such great hardware that's stunted by aubpar software. Seems to be the deal with Letv/LeEco devices. So much potential.

Reactions: ganesh2k5

dipcore

Jul 7, 2015
I'll give that a go. It wasnt liking it much when I tried it, however I can wipe the USB drive and give it another go.

It should work. My recovery does not change mboot partition (which is used when you fash bin files). I made it by intention so the regular bin files are always flashable and you can restore factory state, if you need
You may need to try couple times.

thoth_19

Apr 25, 2011
Berea
It should work. My recovery does not change mboot partition (which is used when you fash bin files). I made it by intention so the regular bin files are always flashable and you can restore factory state, if you need
You may need to try couple times.

Will do, will report back tomorrow. Yea I know the bin files can be a bit fickle with certain flash drives. Knowing that function is built in, I'm sure I'll be able to bounce it back to life.

thoth_19

Apr 25, 2011
Berea
Custom rom for the x3-55? Do tell! Is it stock Android TV or? Link?

Modified stock rom. This recovery should allow for a much better alternative in the future.

I was able to restore my device and even recreate the bug.

I tried every combo of bin files i could find with no luck.

Ended up flashing the latest Chinese rom (for the x3-55 pro) via your recovery. That got the device to boot again. I was then able to use your bin file from your modified rom and I'm back in action.

Resetting via the chinese rom in the menus also caused this issue i had to start with. So there does seem to be something a miss. No indication of failure via the recovery.

I'm not sure if the bug sits with the recovery (i doubt) or just with the way Leeco does a factory reset via their software.

Last edited:

dipcore

Jul 7, 2015
Resetting via the chinese rom in the menus also caused this issue i had to start with. So there does seem to be something a miss. No indication of failure via the recovery.

I'm not sure if the bug sits with the recovery (i doubt) or just with the way Leeco does a factory reset via their software.

Do you mean resetting via engineering menu?

dipcore

Jul 7, 2015
Anyway I built a new version of the recovery, I did some small fixes, will see, if it helps. Will upload soon.

Reactions: thoth_19

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Recovery for LETV Super TV X3-50, X3-55, X3-55Pro, X3-65, X3-65Pro

The recovery is based on generic aosp recovery. Signature checking is completely disabled, so you can flash any .zip update. The responsibility of what are you flashing is entirely on you.
    The main problem was - the recovery cannot get assess to the TV screen. I wrote a lot of code to make fbdev working.

Successfully tested on:
    x3-65 (Super3 Max65)
    x3-55Pro (Super3 x55Pro)
    x3-55 (Super3 x55)
    x3-50 (Super3 x50)

How to flash recovery?
    - TV is off
    - Put LetvUpgrade928.bin from the archive to root folder of a usb drive and insert it to the TV
    - Stay in front of the TV and point the remote to the center of the TV and press: SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH-, CH+, POWER (each button should be hold during 1-2 seconds, so no rush)
    - TV will boot up and you'll get a blue progress bar. After flashing the TV turns itself off.

How to enter recovery mode?
    Two ways to enter the recovery:
    - If you have physical buttons on the TV then just press and hold Vol+ button on the TV.
    - If you do not have buttons on the TV you can use remote. Press: SETTINGS, VOL+, VOL-, CH+, CH-, POWER

Download recovery
    View attachment letv_recovery_v0.0.3.zip
    View attachment letv_recovery_v0.0.2.zip
    View attachment letv_recovery_v0.0.1b.zip
    Thank you for your awesome work dipcore. I just have a few questions.
    Is the LetvUpgrade928.bin that you linked to based on the US rom or chinese rom?
    Any chance you can list what features were modified in the LetvUpgrade928.bin?
    And is the modified rom compatible with the US version of the X3-55 Pro?

Are you asking about that ROM https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=71357680&postcount=15 ?
    It's based on US rom, but all UI is ported from Indian rom. There are multiple changes, and it was my first test build. Its much better that stock one but still have bugs.
    Yes it's compatible with the US X3-55Pro (I have that model). It was tested on US, Indian and Chinese versions, works fine.

Now I'm already testing 6th version of it. So I would suggest you to wait till I release a new version. New version will be in .zip format, so you will have to install the recovery first and then flash the update.zip

Briefly what features are in the new ROM:
    * tuned build.prop
    * rooted (SuperSu)
    * deodexed
    * widevine DRM L3 enabled. Netflix works with no problem.
    * google services and market
    * google voice search (mic button on the remote)
    * removed LeTv screen saver and replaced with my custom screen saver which turn off TV screen instead of showing ads. TV consumes 16W in this mode! It's some kind of sleeping mode, so you just need to press any key on remote to instantly turn the screen back
    * no boot ads (as you may have, if you are using CN or IN firmwares)
    * no CN or IN content
    * android settings
    * launcher selector. They hard-coded HOME button functionality to use only their T2Launcher. I brought back android native launcher selector, so you can install and use any 3rd party launcher.
    * nice looking LeanKey keyboard (multi language support)
    * added an app to enter mstar engineer menu
    * improved TV app - added channel list and removed delay on channel switching
    + more
    I answered to all who sent me a request in private message. If you want to participate testing and you did not get the link please pm me again.
    How to install your custom ROM? @dipcore

It's exactly the same as for recovery installation. The only difference is you need to use LetvUpgrade928.bin with my custom ROM You can download it here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzCElQ6GM7IOZUttX2Vxd29fRm8

- TV is off
    - Put LetvUpgrade928.bin to root folder of a usb drive and insert it to the TV

The ROM is confirmed working with x3-55pro and x3-65 You may need to do factory reset after installation.