[Discontinued-ROM][[2013-03-31][Guhl] Andromadus Permission Spoofing Framework -CM11

Search This thread

guhl99

Aug 25, 2010
Hi all

Can you confirm one bug with the app Kontakte mean Contacts.
It is not possibile to put a picture to the Contacts. I get alweays the frame " there are no picutres on the storages" but i habe more than plenty picutres ;)
Also the option to take a picutre and to add to the contact is not possibel, the error apears again.

Any idears?

I really would love to give the contacts a face with pictures....

Thank you for your help!

greetings ivi
Hi ivifly,
I tested it on the build that I am currently running (that is an intermediate build that i produced yesterday trying to fix the revoke problems).
Both (taking a new picture and selecting one from gallery) work for the Contacts in that build.
If you want to try that build it is there: https://www.thinkthinkdo.com/g2ics/cm-11-20140405-UNOFFICIAL-vision-pff.zip
Have fun - Guhl

ivifly

Feb 7, 2011
Hi ivifly,
I tested it on the build that I am currently running (that is an intermediate build that i produced yesterday trying to fix the revoke problems).
Both (taking a new picture and selecting one from gallery) work for the Contacts in that build.
If you want to try that build it is there: https://www.thinkthinkdo.com/g2ics/cm-11-20140405-UNOFFICIAL-vision-pff.zip
Have fun - Guhl

Great, thank you!
Gonna try this....

And, does the revoke now?

lg ivi

ivifly

Feb 7, 2011
Ok, i installed it over and the contacts funtion works, and now i knew why ;)
But beside this, the revoke botton is now keeping the positoon on or off BUT therre is NO influence into the networkfunktion.
I mean, still the funktion seams to work, but the apps can still get into the www ;(

Or, do i use it on some way worng?
Lg ivi

Sent from my Desire Z using xda premium

guhl99

Aug 25, 2010
But beside this, the revoke botton is now keeping the positoon on or off BUT therre is NO influence into the networkfunktion.
I mean, still the funktion seams to work, but the apps can still get into the www ;(

Lg ivi

Hi ivifly,

no you are not using it wrong - it is still broken. I only fixed the first part of it (making the switch actually store its info) the second part is still broken. When I rebased the pff framework to 4.4 i only cared about the spoofing part, i did not work in the revoking part at all.
But as a lot changed with 4.4 this will need a little bit of work. When I am done I will release a new build in the original posting.

Have fun - Guhl

ivifly

Feb 7, 2011
Thank you for the fast help and answering!
Dont wanna set presure,...

Greetings ivi

ivifly

Feb 7, 2011
Genrel Quetion:

I consider, that the voice recording during video capetring too less strong is, compared to every rom bevor.
Anybody with the same expirience with this rom?
Any solution? Patch somethong?

Lg ivi

Last edited:

soadfan

Mar 4, 2011
Sofia
Hi ivifly,

no you are not using it wrong - it is still broken. I only fixed the first part of it (making the switch actually store its info) the second part is still broken. When I rebased the pff framework to 4.4 i only cared about the spoofing part, i did not work in the revoking part at all.
But as a lot changed with 4.4 this will need a little bit of work. When I am done I will release a new build in the original posting.

Have fun - Guhl

Could you add revoking in pff settings app. It will be much easier to revoke all user apps, and afther that to give network access only to the few apps that really need it

Edit: Trackball wake work always no matter is check box checked or not. Idk is problem relevant to the fact that Andromadus settings now are accessible via icon in app drawer, not in system setting as it was in cm10

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Closing message]
    Hi,

I am discontinuing the work on the Android Permission Spoofing Framework as I am not using Android anymore.
    If anybody is interested in taking over the development I would be very happy to help her or him getting started as much as possible.
    Feel free to contact me if you would like to work on it.

Sorry and have fun - Guhl
    [End closing message]

This ROM is based on Andromadus CM11 Alpha. Besides the deep integration of the permission spoofing functionality the ROM is unchanged from Flinnys Andromadus CM11 builds!

In addition to the original Andromadus rom it includes the permission spoofing framework enhancement that was originally developed by Plamen K. Kosseff for Android 2.3. The functionality has been rebased to Android 4.4 and enhanced (a lot) by me and is now available.

My work was/is originally done for the HTC vision (G2/DZ) for which i provide ROMs based on ASOP and CM10.1.
    If you as a developer want to add the permission spoofing framework to your ROM please go ahead it should be portable easily. I will keep the commit list updated. If you need help don't hesitate to ask!
    Actually the main motivation to publish this is to inspire other developers to integrate this with their work.

The source of the enhancement can be found on github in the repositories:
    android_frameworks_base
    cm-android_frameworks_opt_telephony
    cm-android_packages_apps_Settings

The current work is done in the cm-11.0 branch and the relevant commits are:

framework initial commit
    framework bug fix 1
    framework bug fix 2
    frameworks telephony initial commit
    app settings initial commit
    framework permission spoofing - location
    framework pff: infrastructure code cleanup
    framework pff: infrastructure bug-fix in ContextImpl.java
    framework pff: permission spoofing - contacts and phone log
    framework pff: permission spoofing - calendar (Instances)
    framework pff: permission spoofing - calendar (Instances - cleanup)
    framework pff: permission revoking - initial commit
    framework pff: add PFFInfoDatabase to make spoofed information persistent and changeable
    framework pff: bug fix for permission revoking

What is permission spoofing
    Permission spoofing means that the framework will return spoofed information to Apps instead of the original information based on permissions that the App requested during installation. The main motivation for the development of this functionality is the protection of the privacy of the phones owner.
    Examples for spoofed information are:
    • Empty contact list instead of real contacts - READ_CONTACTS
    • False location instead of real location - ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION / ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
    • False Information for phone id and phone number - READ_PHONE_STATE
    • Empty log instead of real phone call log - READ_CALL_LOG
    • Empty calendar list instead of real calendar entries - READ_CALENDAR

Current implementation
    Currently the following permissions are available:
    READ_PHONE_STATE
    While this permission allows the App to read the state of the phone (in call, ...) it also allows the App to read information like the phone number or the IMEI of the phone. Instead of revoking the permission that has to be granted to an App, permission spoofing provides spoofed information for this sensitive data.
    ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION and ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
    Instead of the real location a location that can be set using the PFF-GPSPath will be reporte (the default spoofed location is the top of Mt. Everest). The implementation is not perfect yet (Google maps and Latitude still seem to know the coarse location - working on that)
    READ_CONTACTS and READ_CALL_LOG
    Instead of the contacts and the call log an empty list will be reported. The implementation sets the limit parameter of the query to 0 if the permission is spoofed.
    READ_CALENDAR
    The implementation changes the date for which the items will returned to the first week of 1970.

More permissions might be added in the future.

Usage
    Spoofing can be enabled on a per App basis. To enable spoofing go to Settings - Apps, choose the App for which you want to spoof the permission. Below the spoofable permission will be a switch that can be set to On to enable spoofing or Off to disable spoofing for this App.

Optional Apps
    The source of these apps is also available at https://github.com/guhl

PFF-GPSPath
    The PFF-GPSPath App can be used to set the spoofed location and in addition it can also be used to define a path the can then be simulated in the App (by effectively moveing the spoofed location)!
    HowTo for PFF-GPSPath HowTo

PFF-Settings
    The PFF-Settings app provides the same functionality as App - Settings but in a more comprehensive way.
    It provides a list of all Apps (including system Apps) that have a spoofable permission and allows you to set spoofing On/Off for them

PFF-Test
    If you spoof a spoofable permission for the app PFF-Test you can check the info that the framework provides to PFF-Test

Downloads
    ROM cm-11-20140108-UNOFFICIAL-vision-pff.zip (kind of stable version)
    ROM cm-11-20140331-UNOFFICIAL-vision-pff.zip (nightly)
    Gapps are not included in the rom - they can be found at SLIM ROM 4.4 gapps page
    PFF-GPSPath_1_3.apk
    PFF-AppSettings_1_1.apk
    PFF-Test

Communication
    I do not want to start a flame war on spoofing on XDA. Whiile spoofing is important for me I do understand people opposing it.
    If you want to talk to me, the best way to do this is to look for me (Guhl) at #nexus4, #G2ROOT or #andromadus on freenode IRC.

Changelog
    2014-03-31
    • Updated from Andromadus/CM - fixed SMS/MMS crash
    2014-03-22
    • Updated from Andromadus/CM
    2014-02-15
    • Updated from Andromadus/CM - no new spoofing
    • ROM is untested
    2014-01-08
    • Rebased from AOSP 4.4 to Andromadus CM11 - ALPHA !!!

Credits
    • Plamen K. Kosseff for the original framework changes
    • Flinny for his huge work on the Andromadus roms and supporting me with my original development for the vision
    • pierre_ja, Nipqer, Hymie and all the others at #G2ROOT for their endless help and entertainment
    Updated ROM from Andromadus/CM

Hi,

I updated the ROM from Andromadus/CM.
    It's running fine for me.

Have fun - Guhl
    Keep in mind - this is ALPHA

Hi,

at the moment the permission spoofing build that i posted today is based on Andromadus ALPHA.

Please have a look at [ROM][24-12-13][Flinny] Andromadus - CM10/11.0 - Vision [alpha2] to see what works and what does not.

There are problems with:
    - installing gapps
    - android standard browser
    - GPS (maybe)

Have fun - Guhl

Lg ivi

Hi ivifly,

Have fun - Guhl
    Updated ROM from Andromadus/CM - Test-Build available

Hi,

I did update the ROM from the Andromadus/CM sources and provides a test-build (see the OP).
    As I am on holidays and ain't got a vision with me I can't test the ROM - but maybe someone wants to.

Have fun - Guhl