antwerp
stock roms i5800

Can anybody say where i could get the base rom for Galaxy 3 ::: GT-I5801 :::
This is a open question thread :
\So please any body help me in making a custom rom for ----- GT-I5801
I need base rom for that ....

Anybody help ???????????

:crying:

yeah, im looking for those too.... most links are dead already, other stock roms wont install when i enter recovery mode on my phone.
So you re not alone ;)

D@rekills4

Nov 6, 2010
Most links are dead, or taken over by ad servers or servers down for maintenance but indeed sammobile has some roms although not for my build.
Dont think im gonna go back to a stock rom with this phone though anymore.
But tkx for the advice (y)

SamMobile.com firmwares are working. I am able to download. Please check again.

StraffeHendrick

Sep 3, 2014
antwerp
SamMobile.com firmwares are working. I am able to download. Please check again.

SamMobile works (sofar one of the few where you can dll stuff from), but the firmwares i find there are not for my build. I used manual search aswell the detect device option. I get hits, i can download them but when installing/flashing they never get accepted by my phone.
Anyway, hard to find roms/kernel nowadays for such a oldshool phone.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Can anybody say where i could get the base rom for Galaxy 3 ::: GT-I5801 :::
This is a open question thread :
\So please any body help me in making a custom rom for ----- GT-I5801
I need base rom for that ....

Anybody help ???????????

:crying:

Cyanogen(mod).com Also with an Rom installer for windows. I did it the hard way, flashing kernel with Odin (unexpected and unwanted cuss Odin froze up and stopped unexpected, after reboot i saw i had another recovery mode on my phone) to CWM and ran an unofficial Cyanogen mod with CWM through the Recovery mode of my phone (update.zip, anyway, with the CWM recovery mode you can select any file anywhere on your SD-card when that kernel is installed, no need to rename files to 'update.zip' anymore)
As a complete noob, it took me a whole night (just a single night) to find all this out on my own, so if i can, everybody can !!!! ;-p

D@rekills4

Nov 6, 2010
SamMobile works (sofar one of the few where you can dll stuff from), but the firmwares i find there are not for my build. I used manual search aswell the detect device option. I get hits, i can download them but when installing/flashing they never get accepted by my phone.
Anyway, hard to find roms/kernel nowadays for such a oldshool phone.

What do you mean don't get accepted?
Exactly what is the error?

StraffeHendrick

Sep 3, 2014
antwerp
What do you mean don't get accepted?
Exactly what is the error?

In the recovery menu it loads the package, opens the package and then i get 2 kind of errors saying "bad package" or "wrong package".
Not so sure what exactly it sais cuss did that a few days ago in the middle of the night (doing this a couple of nights now and have a big lack of sleep now) and with cwm recovery i can choose whatever file i want to use as update.zip (even with the original filename) so i putted alot of files on my sd-card and ran them all to hope one of them worked. So i got alot of errors to see till i finally got the CyanogenMod7 update file running and doing his job. Dont think im going for an Stock Rom anymore on that phone so i dont bother anymore trying with that.

Last edited:

D@rekills4

Nov 6, 2010
In the recovery menu it loads the package, opens the package and then i get 2 kind of errors saying "bad package" or "wrong package".
Not so sure what exactly it sais cuss did that a few days ago in the middle of the night (doing this a couple of nights now and have a big lack of sleep now) and with cwm recovery i can choose whatever file i want to use as update.zip (even with the original filename) so i putted alot of files on my sd-card and ran them all to hope one of them worked. So i got alot of errors to see till i finally got the CyanogenMod7 update file running and doing his job. Dont think im going for an Stock Rom anymore on that phone so i dont bother anymore trying with that.

You cannot flash official Samsung firmwares with a recovery. You have to use Odin. Follow this guide:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1372414