ElDainosor

Oct 3, 2014
zYkSW7S.png

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
This is only for all the MOTO E 2015 LTE variant. Don't try it on anything else.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
  • Boots
  • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera
  • Mp3 Playback
  • Video Playback

Not Working/Bugs
  • Camera
  • VoLTE is currently unimplemented as it breaks RIL
  • MP3 playback (for some reason) | Use poweramp/vlc or set mono audio from accesibility settings.
  • Permissive SELinux

Installation
Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery. Also, use opengapps nano/pico: http://opengapps.org/

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
  2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
  3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
  4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
  5. Wipe Dalvik cache
  6. Install the ROM zip
  7. DO NOT REBOOT
  8. Install the Gapps zip (optional)
  9. Reboot

N.B. Official LineageOS builds are unrooted, if you want this feature back flash su (arm) (available here) then enable root access from Settings -> Developer options.
Unroot is even easier, just flash "su removal" package available at the previous linked page.
(not yet implemented - Use magisk instead)

Also, a big thanks to @Alberto97 for the osprey/msm8916 bringup, @DroidFreak32 for the help and the commits and the repos i had to use, @CarlosArriagaCM for the Wi-Fi fixes, @amarc78 for the testing on dual-sim devices.

Downloads
Dec 25th
Older builds:

Manifest I use to build:
https://github.com/DroidFreak32/local_manifests/tree/master/LOS-Oreo/local_manifests

XDA:DevDB Information
Lineage 15.1 for Moto E 2015 LTE (surnia), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
ElDainosor, Alberto97, DroidFreak32, CarlosArriagaCM, amarc78, MatiHalper, AgentFabulous, AdrianDC
Source Code: https://github.com/Lineageos

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Squid TWRP

Version Information

Created 2017-09-07
Last Updated 2018-12-25

Last edited:

ElDainosor

Oct 3, 2014
NOTE FOR THOSE WHO USE DATA: Please, go and enable developers options and then DISABLE MOBILE DATA ALWAYS ACTIVE! This will eat your data if you have it enabled (check latest screenshots). Also, the first boot may be laggy as hell, so, wait until the "Android is upgrading" notification ends and then reboot. You'll get a more stable system after that.

FAQ
Q: It's for daily usage?
A: It's a experimental test build to have fun and mess with. Obviously the bugs will be fixed soon, but, if you are flashing this rom and using it for daily usage and then complaining about it, don't point at me, you're the responsible for flashing this.

Q: Camera will be fixed?
A: Well, the camera it's a thing because we use a old type of camera, that previously was unsupported (HAL1, remember that nougat doesn't got video recording? Well, it was because of our type of camera). So, we have to wait to lineage to fix it or workaround it in some way.

Q: I got x issue flashing x mod!!
A: First of all, naturally mods are unsupported, and more in this case, i mean, it's a new version of android, obviously some stuff will be unsupported and they have to update it, so, if your mod doesn't work, please don't report it here.

Q: I got x issue! halp
A: If the issue wasn't reported already on the OP, please report it with a log, you can take it with adb logcat on your pc, or replicating the issue and logging it with Matlog (requires root)

Q: Sir pls do it for otus/moto e4/idk
A: I don't have the device so, how can i test if everything is ok? Also, please don't spam "Waiting for x device" because... that will not do anything more than make spam

Q: Where can i get gapps for 8.0?!?!?!
A: Please go back into the first post and read it carefully.

Q: When i installed the gapps, and go into play store, my phone keeps into "Getting info"
A: Did you flashed rom and after a reboot did you flashed gapps? that's why it's getting there. Else, i don't know tbh, it should work normally if you clean flash the ROM along with gapps.

Q: If i want to flash some new update, how can i do it?
A: Without doing any wipes, flash the new release, the gapps and magisk (if you used it, if you didn't flashed it, skip this) and then reboot. You'll have everything working without crashes and stuff

I think that's it for now, here's some screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170906-205211.jpg
    Screenshot_20170906-205211.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 6,707
  • Screenshot_20170906-204901.png
    Screenshot_20170906-204901.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 6,661
  • Screenshot_20170906-204911.png
    Screenshot_20170906-204911.png
    54 KB · Views: 6,585
  • Screenshot_20170906-184438.png
    Screenshot_20170906-184438.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 6,292
  • Screenshot_20170906-205127.png
    Screenshot_20170906-205127.png
    65 KB · Views: 6,177
  • Screenshot_20170906-205140.png
    Screenshot_20170906-205140.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 6,185
Last edited:

ENRIQUEMM

Jan 20, 2014
Samsung Gear S3
Moto G10
zYkSW7S.png

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
[*]Reboot in Bootloader Mode
[*]Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
[*]Wipe Data/Factory Reset
[*]Wipe Dalvik cache
[*]Install the ROM zip
[*][B][COLOR="red"][B][U]DO NOT REBOOT[/U][/B][/COLOR][/B]
[*]Install the Gapps zip (optional)
[*]Reboot
[/LIST]

[/QUOTE]

Gapps? opengapps only 7.1
Thanks for you hard work.

ElDainosor

Oct 3, 2014
You forgive me, I did not see the links ...
One mistake, I have a 64 Gb microsd card and it detects it as 128 Gb .... but the access to the files is perfect. The had in 14.1 configured as internal storage and reads it without having to format it.

Good that worked fine :) also, don't quote the whole op.

oni543

Jan 23, 2014
Everything working fine, mp3 files too, i think the problem is only with default player of LOS,here with poweramp is ok,amazing work with this "test" version,no new bugs until now.

Reactions: ElDainosor

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
Wow I'm excited! Great work guys! This seems very stable for a first build. I've been running @Carlos Arriaga's AOSP 7.1.2 ROM for a while now, so I can't wait for AOSP Oreo!

Sent from my Motorola XT1526 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Aniruddhagupte11

Dec 31, 2011
Volte is Working if you use app provided by your mobile operator. And use stock dailer to call I am using Jio Voice App for Jio Network.

Hit Thanks if You Like

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170908-124659q.jpg
    Screenshot_20170908-124659q.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 595
  • Screenshot_20170908-124707q.jpg
    Screenshot_20170908-124707q.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 581
Last edited:

Sher1234

Jan 23, 2016
Delhi
Volte is Working if you use app provided by your mobile operator. And use stock dailer to call I am using Jio Voice App for Jio Network.

Hit Thanks if You Like

Sorry but Jio4GVoice App Just helps Dervice w/o VoLTE to place a call over Network & also If you are able to receive and place call using Jio (with Audio/Voice of Bidirectionally) without Jio4GVoice App Than its considered to have VoLTE Support

Edit:-
Tested Calling Using VoLTE (Device Dialer) it worked sometimes (not every time)
While Receiving Calls (Incoming Calls) are most probably received (Out of Coverage Area or Device Switched OFF) but when its placed The Device Restarts to TWRP (Factory Data Restart - Device Restarting)
These are the issues I faced (Using Phone Dialer)

Note: As per Dev VoLTE is still unimplemented so don't bother about it much till its implemented or said so by the Dev
@ElDainosor Thanks for the ROM

Last edited:
Reactions: DroidFreak32

dzidexx

Nov 9, 2015
Lublin, Poland
@ElDainosor
Hi, downloading 09.07 & pico. Will flash soon.
Do you need some tests?
Xt1524.

Hmm...
Oreo is ugly like... curdled milk, out of date for consumption.

Flashed without any problems, restoring apps from google account, will flash magisk 14 soon.
New trebuchet? Where the globe is rolling?
Good job.

Bt works, poweramp, jetaudio - yes, black player - no.
Tomorrow will check gps - waze, g.maps, navime.
Magisk 14, adaway - yes. Waze - yes.

How can I disable charging led(only for charging)?

Last edited:
Reactions: ElDainosor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    zYkSW7S.png

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */
    This is only for all the MOTO E 2015 LTE variant. Don't try it on anything else.

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.0.0 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Working
    • Boots
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Camera
    • Mp3 Playback
    • Video Playback

Not Working/Bugs
    • Camera
    • VoLTE is currently unimplemented as it breaks RIL
    • MP3 playback (for some reason) | Use poweramp/vlc or set mono audio from accesibility settings.
    • Permissive SELinux

Installation
    Requires Unlocked Bootloader & a custom recovery. Also, use opengapps nano/pico: http://opengapps.org/

1. Place ROM & Gapps in your virtual SD
    2. Reboot in Bootloader Mode
    3. Go to "Recovery" (Vol +/Vol -) and confirm (power)
    4. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    5. Wipe Dalvik cache
    6. Install the ROM zip
    7. DO NOT REBOOT
    8. Install the Gapps zip (optional)
    9. Reboot

N.B. Official LineageOS builds are unrooted, if you want this feature back flash su (arm) (available here) then enable root access from Settings -> Developer options.
    Unroot is even easier, just flash "su removal" package available at the previous linked page.
    (not yet implemented - Use magisk instead)

Also, a big thanks to @Alberto97 for the osprey/msm8916 bringup, @DroidFreak32 for the help and the commits and the repos i had to use, @CarlosArriagaCM for the Wi-Fi fixes, @amarc78 for the testing on dual-sim devices.

Downloads
    Dec 25th
    Older builds:

Manifest I use to build:
    https://github.com/DroidFreak32/local_manifests/tree/master/LOS-Oreo/local_manifests

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage 15.1 for Moto E 2015 LTE (surnia), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
    ElDainosor, Alberto97, DroidFreak32, CarlosArriagaCM, amarc78, MatiHalper, AgentFabulous, AdrianDC
    Source Code: https://github.com/Lineageos

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, Squid TWRP

Version Information

Created 2017-09-07
    Last Updated 2018-12-25
    NOTE FOR THOSE WHO USE DATA: Please, go and enable developers options and then DISABLE MOBILE DATA ALWAYS ACTIVE! This will eat your data if you have it enabled (check latest screenshots). Also, the first boot may be laggy as hell, so, wait until the "Android is upgrading" notification ends and then reboot. You'll get a more stable system after that.

FAQ
    Q: It's for daily usage?
    A: It's a experimental test build to have fun and mess with. Obviously the bugs will be fixed soon, but, if you are flashing this rom and using it for daily usage and then complaining about it, don't point at me, you're the responsible for flashing this.

Q: Camera will be fixed?
    A: Well, the camera it's a thing because we use a old type of camera, that previously was unsupported (HAL1, remember that nougat doesn't got video recording? Well, it was because of our type of camera). So, we have to wait to lineage to fix it or workaround it in some way.

Q: I got x issue flashing x mod!!
    A: First of all, naturally mods are unsupported, and more in this case, i mean, it's a new version of android, obviously some stuff will be unsupported and they have to update it, so, if your mod doesn't work, please don't report it here.

Q: I got x issue! halp
    A: If the issue wasn't reported already on the OP, please report it with a log, you can take it with adb logcat on your pc, or replicating the issue and logging it with Matlog (requires root)

Q: Sir pls do it for otus/moto e4/idk
    A: I don't have the device so, how can i test if everything is ok? Also, please don't spam "Waiting for x device" because... that will not do anything more than make spam

Q: Where can i get gapps for 8.0?!?!?!
    A: Please go back into the first post and read it carefully.

Q: When i installed the gapps, and go into play store, my phone keeps into "Getting info"
    A: Did you flashed rom and after a reboot did you flashed gapps? that's why it's getting there. Else, i don't know tbh, it should work normally if you clean flash the ROM along with gapps.

Q: If i want to flash some new update, how can i do it?
    A: Without doing any wipes, flash the new release, the gapps and magisk (if you used it, if you didn't flashed it, skip this) and then reboot. You'll have everything working without crashes and stuff

I think that's it for now, here's some screenshots
    Update!

Now the camera works.
    Get the build here
    A huge THANK YOU to @Agent_fabulous for being helpful when I was completely lost and had no response from others. Camera wouldn't have been fixed without his help.
    I also want to thank @AdrianDC for is very useful repo.

THIS BUILD IS STILL UNDER TESTING SO HAVE A BACKUP!
    New Update

A newer update to LOS15 is here!
    What is new on this build?
    - Fixed MP3 playback (idk if some other apps will work better) by @DroidFreak32 (he's the brain, i'm the buildbot)
    - A smooth system (obviously at the beginning will be a bit slow but after the setup, you can use it normally)

So, enjoy this build, and get it from AFH.
    * * * Thread Cleaned * * *

Let's keep chatter about OTHER DEVICES in THEIR respective threads. If it's NOT about SURNIA it doesn't belong here. Period.

If you can't post with respect and without being rude, simply DO NOT post at all.

Back to development talk about surnia.

Thanks.