[Q] A100 won't mount emmc or SD Card

Search This thread

j.price

Jul 18, 2010
My a100, which was running Flex, froze up night before last and I powered down, thinking that would take care of it like it has before. Wrongo! Now all I can do is boot into recovery. Will not mount anything in the system. Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
Try erasing CWM recovery (fastboot erase recovery), place the update.zip (of the official rom) on your external SD card (via card reader, etc.), then attempt to boot into recovery (it should flash the rom).

j.price

Jul 18, 2010
Try erasing CWM recovery (fastboot erase recovery), place the update.zip (of the official rom) on your external SD card (via card reader, etc.), then attempt to boot into recovery (it should flash the rom).

That's the thing, I can't get it to mount anything including the external sd when I boot into recovery.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
CWM recovery will not be there to do that. Maybe the default will be able to.

If you have adb pull the recovery log that will show any errors in the fileaystems. I woukd say dump it but if it cant mount external sd that wont work. You verified failed mounting in the mounts menu in recovery?

Tapatalked from my Galaxy S II.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
That is correct. Will not mount anything other than the recovery partition.

And did you try adb? Try it from whatever pc you used to get cwm or twrp or whatever recovery on there. It's not really possible for it to only mount recovery or you wouldn't boot at all. In cwm go to mounts and make sure your internal sd and /data does or does not mount. And try to get that log it'll pretty much solve it without random flashing.

j.price

Jul 18, 2010
Won't pull the logs, but I can show you pictures I took of the tablet in Recovery with the errors. Also, if I did what was suggested and tried to run a Stock Recovery what would happen if I did that and went back to full stock or atleast attempted to

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Won't pull the logs, but I can show you pictures I took of the tablet in Recovery with the errors. Also, if I did what was suggested and tried to run a Stock Recovery what would happen if I did that and went back to full stock or atleast attempted to

I need to see the log not the error on screen, that just says error I need to see what causes it, in the log.

If you go back to full stock its like how Acer intended. You'll need to root and unlock the boot loader again and install cwm or twrp again, if you choose to. I'm not one to throw flashes at a device that isn't working correctly but sometimes that's the only fix. Still haven't mentioned if adb works. If you want to send pics I guess go into mounts and try to mount internal SD or external SD and take a pic of the error. Go ahead and post or send the pics of the error you took already, may explain things enough there.

j.price

Jul 18, 2010
Unintentionally misspoke. Tablet is recognized by ADB in recovery but will not pull the log to my PC. That is why I offered the pictures. But as the log is better, could you just reconfirm first the commands needed to pull the logs via ADB> Maybe I am screwing something up. This is the first time I have had any major issues with Android.

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
Unintentionally misspoke. Tablet is recognized by ADB in recovery but will not pull the log to my PC. That is why I offered the pictures. But as the log is better, could you just reconfirm first the commands needed to pull the logs via ADB> Maybe I am screwing something up. This is the first time I have had any major issues with Android.

Ok if ADB is working then we can fix this. The command is

adb pull /cache/recovery/last_log > last_log

This will pull the log to whatever directory your ADB is launched from, if you have the SDK then it will be in your platform-tools folder. You can either post it here, or send it to me directly.

On your device, in recovery (of course at this point lol) attempt to mount each partition, cache, system, data, internal sd, external sd. Then run that command from your command prompt/terminal depending on what OS you use.

My email is piomasaki@gmail.com, you can use this for gtalk if we need to start throwing commands at it, that will be the easier way vs posting and waiting. You can also email me that log directly if you choose. Once this is resolved you or I can post the fix back here for others should they need it.

Once this is done hit me up on gtalk if you can, usable through the gmail website as well, I have to make a phone call or 50 so I won't be checking here for a little bit.

hideo16

Jul 17, 2011
A100 won't mount emmc or SD Card

any solution to this??

raphsabb

Oct 13, 2011
Port au Prince
I also had this problem, most forums say its a bad emmc. I chatted with an acer rep before sending it in, they received it yesterday, hopefully they wont give me problems because of the "unlocking"

UPDATEThey fixed it!! Only thing I can advise is to get on the site and chat with a rep to confirm that its a bad emmc, maybe they dont even boot it up once thats on the ticket

Last edited:
Reactions: hideo16

etoxz

Dec 11, 2010
brick

sorry for my bad english, i have this problem im from venezuela and here the guarantee not cover me i send to acer venezuela and his say that is the logic card, why you fix you brick tablet? plsss i need help im trying to solve this brick since 4 month am i love mi tablet!!

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
sorry for my bad english, i have this problem im from venezuela and here the guarantee not cover me i send to acer venezuela and his say that is the logic card, why you fix you brick tablet? plsss i need help im trying to solve this brick since 4 month am i love mi tablet!!

Its been verified there is a fault in the emmc. There is currently no way to repair it other then sending it to Acer, sorry to say. Acer locked us out of what we need to fix this.

max69power

Nov 4, 2011
florida
I had a similar issue it would load cwm or twrp but it would not load a recovery. it kept saying that files were missing i had to send it back for repair they replaced the main board it is an issue with the hardware not the software. Mine just froze then it died. sorry man. I can say mine was unlocked and they covered it under warranty.

May 23, 2012
Illinois
Its been verified there is a fault in the emmc. There is currently no way to repair it other then sending it to Acer, sorry to say. Acer locked us out of what we need to fix this.

So, has anyone experienced this emmc fault outside of the Relix rom? I'm just curious--I had my tablet for 10 months and this rom for 1 week, and this happened. I loved the rom, but will definitely stay away from it if it's breaking emmc. (I'm a total noob -- not sure if the issue with emmc is hardware vs. software).

pio_masaki

May 7, 2012
Surprise, Az
So, has anyone experienced this emmc fault outside of the Relix rom? I'm just curious--I had my tablet for 10 months and this rom for 1 week, and this happened. I loved the rom, but will definitely stay away from it if it's breaking emmc. (I'm a total noob -- not sure if the issue with emmc is hardware vs. software).

Mine happened on a personal build of CM10, other's on CM9, etc. Its a fault with the emmc firmware, not ROM or Kernel dependant.

Reactions: hideo16

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I also had this problem, most forums say its a bad emmc. I chatted with an acer rep before sending it in, they received it yesterday, hopefully they wont give me problems because of the "unlocking"

UPDATEThey fixed it!! Only thing I can advise is to get on the site and chat with a rep to confirm that its a bad emmc, maybe they dont even boot it up once thats on the ticket

Mine happened on a personal build of CM10, other's on CM9, etc. Its a fault with the emmc firmware, not ROM or Kernel dependant.