ByPass Google,Youtube blockage in Pakistan

Search This thread

skillberry

Sep 25, 2012
when ever i click orbot sign it turn on into green,but on notification bar saying''error:starting transparent proxing''
if i click setting>check the website says ''sorry you are not connected to tor if you are attempting to use tor client please refer to tor website and specifically instructions to configure your tor client.'':( what to do.

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Dear Friends,

if you are having problem with select all option then close and open Orbot again or else try this method which i use.

i was also having problem for Play Store. but in browser youtube was working fine. so i just go to

Menu -> Setting -> and uncheck Select All Apps . and just Select

1. Browser
2. Play Store
3. Talk

and after that everything is working fine for me.

You should also check this and have fun.

Regards,

Assassinoid

Goto TOR settings menu and check if you have included Play Store in the list of apps that will use TOR or try option for All apps
in setting the option no 6 ''select apps'' is not highlighted :(

skillberry

Sep 25, 2012
its working now,lolz i was doing all the stuff with out rooting the device.
though its a little bit slow but working.
Thanks for the sharing.

maazz

May 7, 2012
What the hell.. wats the point of being working when its slow like a slug :!
PTA sukx

arifqur

Nov 12, 2005
Thanks man solved all my problems.
Just goes to show that we Paki's can do helpful stuff too.

Hassam Tariq

Apr 16, 2012
Dubai
about.me
After so many searching around the web , i dint expect that the awesome pakistanies are on xda too ! Feels great man! and yes suffering from this ,google play store, google drive..blockage too which i use most :(, using Wateen wimax, well about this TOR , VPN ! Will the google play app work too ? and get synchronised like it use to, or it will just open in the browser or so ?

Adeel Ahmad

Dec 9, 2010
Multan
After so many searching around the web , i dint expect that the awesome pakistanies are on xda too ! Feels great man! and yes suffering from this ,google play store, google drive..blockage too which i use most :(, using Wateen wimax, well about this TOR , VPN ! Will the google play app work too ? and get synchronised like it use to, or it will just open in the browser or so ?

By using this all the things will work as normal. You can get update notifications and all. On a side note, Play Store is working now for me since evening.

Reactions: Hassam Tariq

Hassam Tariq

Apr 16, 2012
Dubai
about.me
Thanks man! My Nexus was not rooted ! just rooted it today morning, and the tor project is working smooth now as it was not working with the unrooted one.!! Play store , youtube everything is back ! aaahh ! Thank you very much!!! :)

Hassam Tariq

Apr 16, 2012
Dubai
about.me
Hey man ! This wizard working perfectly on Galaxy Nexus Device ! but i am trying this one on my another Device Galaxy Y ! Pretty mid range phone i know but why it is not working on that one :/ i am doing all the steps as i did on nexus.
It keep saying "Error starting transparent proxying" I have restarted the device too ! and did all the steps exactly like above !
Is there a bracket of Devices ? Please let me know.
and AGAIN!! Thank you very much for this effort ! My Nexus's life is back :)

hassi4042

Mar 18, 2012
Sialkot
Hey man ! This wizard working perfectly on Galaxy Nexus Device ! but i am trying this one on my another Device Galaxy Y ! Pretty mid range phone i know but why it is not working on that one :/ i am doing all the steps as i did on nexus.
It keep saying "Error starting transparent proxying" I have restarted the device too ! and did all the steps exactly like above !
Is there a bracket of Devices ? Please let me know.
and AGAIN!! Thank you very much for this effort ! My Nexus's life is back :)

did you enable "use default iptables" from settings?

Hassam Tariq

Apr 16, 2012
Dubai
about.me
Yes I did !!
Yesterday all of a sudden Google play was working without even using orbot ! in nexus.
I don't know what's happening but yes its gone again .

aeoveu

Nov 8, 2010
I came across the other day that accessing YouTube via SSL works.

It works on witribe...it seemed to be a hit-or-miss with Qubee...or maybe the DNS settings weren't "corrected" on Qubee.

Just sayin'...

sent from my mini tractor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :victory:

Finally after researching and searching for 2 days I came to the Solution to go around Pakistan's restriction on Youtube, Wikileaks and Google Play store.

As you know that YouTube is owned by Google. Yoiube IP is same as most of the Google's ip's.

PTA have blocked the IP so many Google services had stop.
    to resolve this issue i must have to look into the internet to have some idea on how to bypass such filters. so i came to this SOLUTION for PAKISTAN ANDROID USERS.
    Note: this Solution and app is only for rooted users. if you don't know to root then please refer to rooting first

Solution:
    Tor is type of Proxy service called VPN(Virtual Private Network)
    you can download the app from there website.

https://www.torproject.org

direct download: https://www.torproject.org/dist/android/0.2.3.10-alpha-orbot-1.0.7-FINAL.apk

i will guide you to make it happen :)

1.download and install the orbit.
    2.Open Orbit.

3.tap next

4. hit request super user access

5.select all apps through tor and tap next.

6.tap Close.

7.now you will be directed to this screen. Now hit menu button and go to Settings
    Menu>settings

8.scroll to the end and tick "use default iptables"

9.Now long press the button to turn it on.

at the point Orbit will configure all your settings automatically.

and a notification will appear in notification bar as "transparent proxying ENABLED" and "Connected to Tor Network"

10. now it's time to check your Configurations and VPN service
    hit menu button in orbit app and tap "check"

You will see this window on your browser which is the proof that you are connected through Tor's VPN

that's All :victory:

hit thanks if i deserve it :p

By using this all the things will work as normal. You can get update notifications and all. On a side note, Play Store is working now for me since evening.