Tab 7.7 official upgrade to ICS?

Search This thread

ZhenMing

IngoBN

Feb 9, 2007
Bonn
http://www.sammobile.com/2012/07/03/hot-samsung-start-ice-cream-sandwich-updates-galaxy-tablets/

Sammobile.com:
"Remember this tweet: Samsung will start the Galaxy Tab Android 4.0 updates next month.
Today we are happy to tell you the first Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 has been released on Samsung KIES.
You can download this firmware also on www.SamFirmware.com
Samsung planned to update their tablets to Android 4.0 in July and August.
One of the best tablets by Samsung is the GT-P6800 with Super Amoled Plus screen.
We of SamMobile will start the making of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 review today!
Some details about this firmware:
This firmware is specially for Open Austria (Android 4.0.4)
Build date June 21th
PDA: P6800XXLQ1
CSC: P6800OXALQ1
MODEM: P6800XXLPW"

Downloadlink:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=5207

GT-P6800 - Open Austria
Version: 4.0.4
Date: 2012-06-22
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

furius

Sep 6, 2009
is our tab the first one (apart from the GTab 2) to get ICS update??

after all the time spent insulting samsung in the last few months ... now we can say: thanks samsung for updating first our device! :victory:

adinis78

Sep 29, 2010
Harrison, NJ
http://www.sammobile.com/2012/07/03/hot-samsung-start-ice-cream-sandwich-updates-galaxy-tablets/

Sammobile.com:
"Remember this tweet: Samsung will start the Galaxy Tab Android 4.0 updates next month.
Today we are happy to tell you the first Ice Cream Sandwich firmware for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 GT-P6800 has been released on Samsung KIES.
You can download this firmware also on www.SamFirmware.com
Samsung planned to update their tablets to Android 4.0 in July and August.
One of the best tablets by Samsung is the GT-P6800 with Super Amoled Plus screen.
We of SamMobile will start the making of the Galaxy Tab 7.7 review today!
Some details about this firmware:
This firmware is specially for Open Austria (Android 4.0.4)
Build date June 21th
MODEM: P6800XXLPW"

Downloadlink:
http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=8&view=5207

GT-P6800 - Open Austria
Version: 4.0.4
Date: 2012-06-22
Regions: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom

Ok but what about those that dont have access to kies? I tried to look for the update via ota and nothing

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
Ok thanks for that, does the device now say its an ATO region device or does it stay SEB?

I have not checked that. It should stay SEB (at least my gt8.9 did) and if you flash back to original SEB firmware everything should be as before.

If you are using wrong region firmware then you cant use OTA or Kies for updates. Everything else works as normal.

scoobydu

May 16, 2005
I have not checked that. It should stay SEB (at least my gt8.9 did) and if you flash back to original SEB firmware everything should be as before.

If you are using wrong region firmware then you cant use OTA or Kies for updates. Everything else works as normal.

OK thanks again.

Only ever flashed the hell out of my HTC Hero and didn't think about warranty etc, but still have the 7.7 wrapped in cotton wool :)

Kies it truly rubbish so not missing that at all!

poisike

Jun 6, 2009
OK thanks again.

Only ever flashed the hell out of my HTC Hero and didn't think about warranty etc, but still have the 7.7 wrapped in cotton wool :)

Kies it truly rubbish so not missing that at all!

No problem. If you have any other questions then just ask.

I have never used Kies. I always update my tablets with Odin.

questionmark

May 10, 2005
leiden
Yes! finally!
-Downloaded from samfirmware took 50minutes
-extracted P6800OXALQ1_P6800XXLQ1_HOME.tar.md5 to my internal SD
-mobile odin the tar.md5

And joy!
Came from zsla2 HK firmware.

Reactions: FateZero

DakiX

Mar 11, 2012
I am also just pull at 200mb :) finally ics .. yeah soon appropriate kernel for root and cozy. Just about Odin!!

himadri

Oct 6, 2011
What about the superbrick ? Is it safe vis a vis the bug to update via odin etc ?

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: aletheus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Couldn't throw a question mark at the end of that title, huh?
    good news guys, Samsung will release ICS for their tab next month..

The list of tablets to get ICS as below:

GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
    GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
    GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
    GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
    GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
    GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
    GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
    GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G

tablet-news.com/2012/06/19/samsung-galaxy-tab-series-getting-android-4-0-update-next-month/
    I work at Samsung, and we are planning to release it at 3 march, because of the launch of the iPad 3. Than there is another reason to buy an iPad :p. In the meantime; remove the scheduele widget, since I removed it, its as fast as a racing car. Seriously, remove that widget and you are good to go!

Verstuurd van mijn GT-P6810 met Tapatalk
    Google translate for the above fbHK link:

Chinese (Simplified) - English
    "Xiaobian know we all care about the Tablet generous Upgrade timetable, also have been trying to fight for everyone Oh! Just received a message GALAXY Tab 7.7 will be the Department in July can Upgrade to Android 4.0! Rest assured! Xiaobian As for the other models will continue to fight for the schedule, then there is further information in conjunction with the tell :)"

Can anybody clean this up any?

-----------------
    The indefinite microcosm becomes the indefinite macrocosm in a definite manner and by definite means...and vice versa.

The google translate version is quite close. My attempt below:

小編知道大家都對Tablet嘅Upgrade時間表好關心,亦都一直在努力為大家爭取喔! 剛剛收到消息GALAXY Tab 7.7將會係7月可以Upgrade去Android 4.0啦! 大家放心!至於其他型號小編都會繼續爭取時間表,再有進一步消息會同大家講的呢 :)

Xiaobian understands that everybody is very concerned about the timetable for the tablet's upgrade, and has been working hard on everybody's behalf to get the information. Just received news that the Galaxy Tab 7.7 will receive its upgrade to Android 4.0 in July. Everybody can rest assured! As for the other models, Xiaobian will continue to work hard to find out about their upgrade time table, and will let everyone know as soon as there is news.