How to fastboot ROMs using ADB

Search This thread

mooch777

Apr 6, 2010
<!-- MODS! Please sticky this! -->

Devs:
We need a concise guide on how to to this. I believe that we would all benefit from such a guide (less in-the-dark-n00bs messing up and more time for devs to dev and not have to answer questions.)

I know there are devs out there with VASTLY more experience then us middle of the road devs, and we would like to share in this knowledge.

DJ-Steve and the other noted devs: this is an open invitation to you. I'll modify/delete this post to include your (generous) contributions if you'd only take the time to make them.

-One user on this forum noted the DS7 sub is sort of shabby; let's work to change that so that we can all start doing what we love to - rip ROMs to bits and build 'em to out liking in true open-source fassion!

Nocturnal_50

Jun 15, 2012
Coolah
Flash CWM via ADB fastboot then flash the rom through CWM on the device itself, it isnt all that hard to do... Then again I guess the lack of basic knowledge has something to do with how often people stuff up the most basic of tasks

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
well bro,
now it reboots every time i want to go recovery mode and then bootloops. Some how it saids that flashes successfully using fastboot but when i press VOL + and POWER at the same time it reboot... i have to let it go when the DELL logo flashes or when the buttons?

You have to continue to hold the buttons in after the buttons light up till the menu appears on the screen a few seconds later.

chipis

Oct 28, 2008
Somewhre in a cave
You have to continue to hold the buttons in after the buttons light up till the menu appears on the screen a few seconds later.

Man i did it so many times that my danm thumb finger hurts.
It did flashes the image recovery over fastboot and it saids secessfully
flashed.

Bro, I did every thing on the steps.
What i think is that may be the buttons switch or something because it does not go to recovery as the steps saids.

It possible to flash a ROM over fastboot using commands prompt and how?
Iam asking because it reboots the tablet every 10 seconds, i switch to safemode and it would not reboots.

Last edited:

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Man i did it so many times that my danm thumb finger hurts.
It did flashes the image recovery over fastboot and it saids secessfully
flashed.

Bro, I did every thing on the steps.
What i think is that may be the buttons switch or something because it does not go to recovery as the steps saids.

It possible to flash a ROM over fastboot using commands prompt and how?
Iam asking because it reboots the tablet every 10 seconds, i switch to safemode and it would not reboots.
Not sure what you mean by "safemode".

I'm not sure how or where the different modes that use the buttons are or how they are loaded. Meaning are they protected memory areas that normally don't get written over or what?

Can you enter NVflash mode? Can only suggest starting there with a ROM of your choice.

chipis

Oct 28, 2008
Somewhre in a cave
Not sure what you mean by "safemode".

I'm not sure how or where the different modes that use the buttons are or how they are loaded. Meaning are they protected memory areas that normally don't get written over or what?

Can you enter NVflash mode? Can only suggest starting there with a ROM of your choice.

Man i need a serious help.
Safe mode comes when i press VOL - and power.
But limited on apps ( i can not used all the apps int the tablet )

how do i enters NVflash?

Can i installad any rom or recovery using NVflash mode, even if i dont have stock or custom recovery?

Last edited:

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Man i need a serious help.
Safe mode comes when i press VOL - and power.
But limited on apps ( i can not used all the apps int the tablet )

how do i enters NVflash?

Can i installad any rom or recovery using NVflash mode, even if i dont have stock or custom recovery?
That is normally refered to as the Fastboot mode.

To enter NVflash you depress both Vol - and Vol + and plug into your PC. You should hear a beep and APX device will appear in your device manager.

Not all ROM are installed using NVflash mode but the first build uses NVflash and thereafter CWM is used to install newer versions. Most if not all NVflash come with a recovery mode some with CWM and even rooted as well with Superuser7.

Take a look at these videos by user "giveen" for help: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB99FAE280F618B12

This may help also: http://xdaforums.com/wiki/Dell_Streak_7#Official

Last edited: