[Q] Used a not great tutorial now kindle fire hd won't restart. Help?

Search This thread
Okay starting off with this is the tutorial I was using: rootkindlefire . com/kindle-fire-root/how-to-root-convert-kindle-fire-hd-8-9-into-pure-android-tablet and I like a lot of people in the linked youtube comments (which I stupidly didn't read before trying, yes I am aware that was stupid) am stalled after step 20. But my kindle fire HD doesn't seem to have TWRP because it turned on and the kindle fire logo is still orange. It didn't go to blue like most of the other peoples did.

Can someone please help me to either undo my mess or help me get past this block? I wasn't able to find any help in the comments or a related thread on here.

I think it's stuck in fastboot but I can't get it to go into recovery so I'm not sure.

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
It's not in fastboot, its just hung on the boot loader. If you have never installed the fastboot driver before I reccomend fixing this partially from Linux, your device will be detected briefly when its first turned on as a fastboot device, but it's a pain to try to install the drivers in that brief moment on windows. It is way easier to get it into fastboot from and Ubuntu live CD by installing fastboot from the software center on a Ubuntu 13.10 live CD, and then running this with the kindle unplugged and off:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 getvar product
Then after it says waiting for device, plug the kindle on and wait for the device to say fastboot, from there you can boot back into windows and use kindle fire first aid to restore.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

Reactions: purrplekat1989
It's not in fastboot, its just hung on the boot loader. If you have never installed the fastboot driver before I reccomend fixing this partially from Linux, your device will be detected briefly when its first turned on as a fastboot device, but it's a pain to try to install the drivers in that brief moment on windows. It is way easier to get it into fastboot from and Ubuntu live CD by installing fastboot from the software center on a Ubuntu 13.10 live CD, and then running this with the kindle unplugged and off:
Code:
Then after it says waiting for device, plug the kindle on and wait for the device to say fastboot, from there you can boot back into windows and use kindle fire first aid to restore.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app

I'm glad to know I didn't break it haha. Thanks for the advice. :)

autogeek

Aug 25, 2012
Code:

Hello,

I have found myself stuck in the same situation. I have the fastboot drivers installed and I can get into fastboot using your command. My question is about the version I have and the available restore versions.

I have the 8.4.6 software version. and I see in first aide that the newest for the HD 8.9 is 8.2.4.

I got stuck after a root attempt, the exploit worked but the files didn't install properly it seems. when I rebooted I just get stuck at the Kindle Fire screen no animation?

Any idea if it is safe to restore 8.2.4 on a 8.4.6 device? In uncertain if downgraded are safe.

Last edited:

autogeek

Aug 25, 2012
Cool thanks man, just wanted to know if there were any big don'ts before I try the downgrade.

I'll give it a go tonight after dinner.

Stupid me used the old KFFA from the rooting thread to try and root (may or may not have been the issue). I have the latest now all ready to go for the restore attempt.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:

Downgrades are perfectly safe, go for it.