Lost Connection after Update GM 1.6

Search This thread

AgentJ

Dec 23, 2003
SOLVED !
See last thread!

Hi!
Yesterday i updated my GM from 1.5xx to 1.6xx. After installation i lost my connection to Gear (on Null_19) and can't reconnect. "Can't find Device". Both Devices works now autark, phone calls from gear and BT tethering works well, but i don't have my contacts or notifications, all gear-apps lost connection to phone. Reinstall of GM 1.5xx don't work. Anyone can help? Perhaps a newer Null_ROM will work?

gesendet von meinem Note 3 mit Tapatalk2

Last edited:

AgentJ

Dec 23, 2003
Gear Manager can't start! On first screen he want to connect. But he can't find a device. Thats it.

Update:
I deinstall GM, restart Note3, and install ALL Versions of 1.5xxx (everytime with restart),- nothing will work the Gear! Nothing bring back my old connection.
I checked all versions, everytime the same Error: " Time Out Connection, No Device found".
You can see a paired Device (Gear), but a klick on it start the search for a device, and breaks with the time out.
Crazy Thing: If he start searching, he breaks the BT-Connection for a short period. On the gear:"Connection to phone is broken..." Normally at this point he get a connection, not a break. Seems like a "negative connection" ;)
But if i cut this BT Connection, i got the same Problem.
HEELP!!!!

The last solution is a new NULL_ROM ? OK, i can wait.
Or a complete wipe with new Root, new TWRP and actual NULL_ROM 22.1, new Kitkat-ROM for the Note3 and the new GM 1.6xxx ??? Omg...

Any Ideas ???
Thanks,
Jay

Last edited:

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
Gear Manager can't start! On first screen he want to connect. But he can't find a device. Thats it.

Update:
I deinstall GM, restart Note3, and install ALL Versions of 1.5xxx (everytime with restart),- nothing will work the Gear! Nothing bring back my old connection.
I checked all versions, everytime the same Error: " Time Out Connection, No Device found".
You can see a paired Device (Gear), but a klick on it start the search for a device, and breaks with the time out.
Crazy Thing: If he start searching, he breaks the BT-Connection for a short period. On the gear:"Connection to phone is broken..." Normally at this point he get a connection, not a break. Seems like a "negative connection" ;)
But if i cut this BT Connection, i got the same Problem.
HEELP!!!!

The last solution is a new NULL_ROM ? OK, i can wait.
Or a complete wipe with new Root, new TWRP and actual NULL_ROM 22.1, new Kitkat-ROM for the Note3 and the new GM 1.6xxx ??? Omg...

Any Ideas ???
Thanks,
Jay

Facorty reset your phone and then factory reset the watch and start again that should do the trick.

AgentJ

Dec 23, 2003
Problem solved! Lost Connection after Upgrade to 1.6

Here are the End of the Problem:
Thanks to blackknightavalon!!!

First take a backup from your "Data" in TWRP!

1: Downgrade to Gear Manager 1.2.131013
2. Connect your Gear with the GM.
3. If connection stable, upgrade to 1.5.23002
4. Connect your Gear with the GM.
5. If everything work and connection stable, restore your "Data" from TWRP
6. Reinstall all SSApps fro, the Gearstore for App-Connection.

FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackknightavalon View Post
As has been mentioned over several posts, the loss of apps is due to the latest Gear Manager glitching, not the ROM.
Just stick with Gear Manager 1.2.131013 and you'll be fine.
I don´t loss any apps,- i am not on this point. I just loss the whole connection between Gear and GM.
OK, i try it with the superold GM.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentJ View Post
I don´t loss any apps,- i am not on this point. I just loss the whole connection between Gear and GM.
OK, i try it with the superold GM.
eeeeeek !!! It works! The superold 1.2.131013 fixed the connection.
Update now to the last 1.5xx,- perhaps it works.
It kills all my sideloaded and direct over Play installed apps, the widgets and watchfaces - but it works!
Question: If i backup only my "data" over TWRP... everything is reinstall,- is´n it ???

Update: Update to 1.5123002 working! Backup from Recovery: Working Perfect!
Problem solved! Where is your Beer-Button ???

Many Thanks from Germany!

Last edited: