wpa_supplicant file shownig wrong password

Search This thread

EL Loco 2

Sep 7, 2009
the wifi key recovery app has been showing the wrong wifi passwords even though the phone is still connecting to the wifi networks . ive tried deleting the networks and connecting again but the problem still remains. i have also gone into the data/misc/wifi folder on my root browser and the wpa_supplicant file is showing the passwords incorrectly too. i was wondering does anyone know what has caused this problem and is there a way to fix it. i have tried deleting the wpa_supplicant file and re connecting to the networks. and i have also tried different wifi password recovery apps and the problem still remains.
thanks in advance for any help

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
the wifi key recovery app has been showing the wrong wifi passwords even though the phone is still connecting to the wifi networks . ive tried deleting the networks and connecting again but the problem still remains. i have also gone into the data/misc/wifi folder on my root browser and the wpa_supplicant file is showing the passwords incorrectly too. i was wondering does anyone know what has caused this problem and is there a way to fix it. i have tried deleting the wpa_supplicant file and re connecting to the networks. and i have also tried different wifi password recovery apps and the problem still remains.
thanks in advance for any help

You should go to recovery, wipe cache, then do it again if it get fixed

babygau

Jun 22, 2011
Melbourne
Ok, here is my little trick. I don't know if it could help. If you have a cwm backup, just restore boot.img partition Or you could flash a custom kernel. your wifi key will be reseted. Because I did it a few times.