[Q] Idle Battery kinda tanked?

Search This thread

busterbrown77

Jun 7, 2010
Melbourne, FL
So I got my M8 on April 2nd, and I was seeing some truly spectacular battery life. Recently though, not so much.. Or maybe I am just being demanding.

I thought originally my phone dropped maybe 4% overnight, now I drops from 100 to 83 or even 78 sometimes. And in general It just doesn't seem to last long. Looking into badassbatterymonitor I see that kernel is using like 40% battery almost constantly, but I don't know how to fully diagnose from here. It just lists processes. Has anyone else had this? Am I just thinking its quicker?

I like to keep my phone pretty lean, its got only email syncing, no social media. And even that I sync every 2 hours. Brightness on auto, and I typically get 2:50 screen on time.

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
Why would you post a question, including the [Q] - in General? There is a specific section called Q & A.

C'mon, dude.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
Ah crap... I thought I was there. Uh, can this be moved...

All good, brother, it happens to the best of us. Just message a mod (they're usually the people in the very top stickied threads) and PM them.

But yeah, my battery hasn't been the best in standby either. Of course, I haven't stopped messing or flashing stuff to my phone since I bought it :)

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

javaguy110

Oct 6, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S10+
So I got my M8 on April 2nd, and I was seeing some truly spectacular battery life. Recently though, not so much.. Or maybe I am just being demanding.

I thought originally my phone dropped maybe 4% overnight, now I drops from 100 to 83 or even 78 sometimes. And in general It just doesn't seem to last long. Looking into badassbatterymonitor I see that kernel is using like 40% battery almost constantly, but I don't know how to fully diagnose from here. It just lists processes. Has anyone else had this? Am I just thinking its quicker?

I like to keep my phone pretty lean, its got only email syncing, no social media. And even that I sync every 2 hours. Brightness on auto, and I typically get 2:50 screen on time.

Take a look at a thread I just posted. Maybe it will help you out too. Best of luck.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52117236