[Q] Help! Quick Charge 2.0

Search This thread

coisman

Jan 21, 2007
I hope someone can help me out with this. I was made aware back in March that the HTC One M8 supported something called 'Quick Charge 2.0'. According to Qualcomm, all smartphones with Snapdragon 800 and 801 processors (to include phones like the Xperia Z2, GS5 and HTC One M8) supported Quick Charge 2.0 by default.

I bought the only official Quick Charge 2.0 charger available which is the NTT Docomo AC Adapter 05, imported from Japan. I just received it in the mail today and am testing it out on my phone, and it is not charging at Qualcomm's advertised Quick Charge 2.0 speeds, only at the regular speed. I don't know what to do to fix this. Can anyone help me out?

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I hope someone can help me out with this. I was made aware back in March that the HTC One M8 supported something called 'Quick Charge 2.0'. According to Qualcomm, all smartphones with Snapdragon 800 and 801 processors (to include phones like the Xperia Z2, GS5 and HTC One M8) supported Quick Charge 2.0 by default.

I bought the only official Quick Charge 2.0 charger available which is the NTT Docomo AC Adapter 05, imported from Japan. I just received it in the mail today and am testing it out on my phone, and it is not charging at Qualcomm's advertised Quick Charge 2.0 speeds, only at the regular speed. I don't know what to do to fix this. Can anyone help me out?
If your phone is completely stock, then it might require a kernel update (from HTC) to support QC2. It's also possible that, for some reason, the specific charger you got won't work with this phone. No one here is going to be able to help much for a charging standard that doesn't exist in the region yet.

Reactions: Joncio

coisman

Jan 21, 2007
Received confirmation from HTC that QC 2.0 has been disabled on the US handsets. An OTA update is supposed to be released to support it, someday. For now I'm gonna try a kernel that supports fast charging to see if that works. According to qualcomm all 2.0 spec chargers should work with all 2.0 spec phones, there's shouldn't be any chargers that work with some phones and not with others. So we'll see.

coisman

Jan 21, 2007
It seems I was premature. After some more testing it appears that quick charge IS working and the problem was the battery stats not being reported correctly. Phone just charged from 24% to 46% in about 10 minutes! That's a vast improvement over the Quick Charge 1.0 speed. Gonna charge/discharge a few more times in order to get some correct readings.

zen kun

Jan 23, 2010
Berlin
xdaforums.com

can you tell me please where i can get this please?? where i can buy thanks

Badelhas

Aug 12, 2012
Braga
Has the Quick-charge 2.0 chargers offering improved since or what? I would really like to get my hands on one but ordering from Japan and paying 53 bucks seems a bit over the top... Any news regarding the subject?
Cheers

theandies

So when is HTC going to come out with it's own Quick Charge 2.0 charging brick. When the phone was first release all the tech articles I can find says HTC plans on releasing a charger with the required 1.67amps needed by Quick Charge 2.0 spec. I guess I could look for a 1.67amp charger and see if that works but would like to stick to and HTC charging brick that I know will work with QC 2.0.
Thanks

GalaxyNotesTx

Jan 25, 2014
So when is HTC going to come out with it's own Quick Charge 2.0 charging brick. When the phone was first release all the tech articles I can find says HTC plans on releasing a charger with the required 1.67amps needed by Quick Charge 2.0 spec. I guess I could look for a 1.67amp charger and see if that works but would like to stick to and HTC charging brick that I know will work with QC 2.0.
Thanks

How much faster do you want it? I mean i can go from like 1% to full charge in about 2 hours or less....

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

theandies

How much faster do you want it? I mean i can go from like 1% to full charge in about 2 hours or less....

From Qualcomms website:

In laboratory tests using a 3300mAh battery, a Quick Charge 2.0 enabled device went from 0% to 60% charge in 30 minutes, while a device without Quick Charge 2.0 using a conventional (5 volt, 1 amp) charger achieved just a 12% gain in the same 30 minutes.

That fast.

Quick Charge has Arrived

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If your phone is completely stock, then it might require a kernel update (from HTC) to support QC2. It's also possible that, for some reason, the specific charger you got won't work with this phone. No one here is going to be able to help much for a charging standard that doesn't exist in the region yet.
    Received confirmation from HTC that QC 2.0 has been disabled on the US handsets. An OTA update is supposed to be released to support it, someday. For now I'm gonna try a kernel that supports fast charging to see if that works. According to qualcomm all 2.0 spec chargers should work with all 2.0 spec phones, there's shouldn't be any chargers that work with some phones and not with others. So we'll see.
    It seems I was premature. After some more testing it appears that quick charge IS working and the problem was the battery stats not being reported correctly. Phone just charged from 24% to 46% in about 10 minutes! That's a vast improvement over the Quick Charge 1.0 speed. Gonna charge/discharge a few more times in order to get some correct readings.
    can you tell me please where i can get this please?? where i can buy thanks

I bought it at this link: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/niconicodo/item/10000022/

Through http://us.hoyoyo.com (hoyoyo will buy it for you and ship it to you, the rakuten store does not ship international)

overall it cost $53.
    Our battery is not th a big.....those results will differ...but impressive none the less.

Yup, I can see our 2600mAh battery to at least 75% in the same time frame.