•PhoneCanvas_2G
•VolumeControl
•tgetfile
•TopBarBattery(Vista)
•PPS=8Mb

Original Thread:
http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=104139&view=findpost&p=3052093

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtdohmfmiqw(English input only)

Attachments

• post-55117-1249389951.jpg
    post-55117-1249389951.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 602
  • post-55117-1249390025.png
    post-55117-1249390025.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 484
  • post-55117-1249389963.png
    post-55117-1249389963.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 395
  • post-55117-1249389976.jpg
    post-55117-1249389976.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 452
  • post-55117-1249390012.jpg
    post-55117-1249390012.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 384
  • post-55117-1249389985.jpg
    post-55117-1249389985.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 364
Last edited:

kingmabuto

May 8, 2007
THANKS ALOT for this, been looking to update my aged, and slow, yet my favorite phone which is still my main one.

I have couple of questions,

1) I see from the russian site u linked there is a WM 6.1 EN rom for it, what build is it, older than this rose_rom's 20757?

2)Which one is faster, this or WM 6.1 EN? (i am interested in speed rather than the 6.1 homescreens or overbloated dial skins)

3)i downloaded few days ago from a chinese site a file called otto wm6.1ru.abi. is it more or less the same? the translation on that page says they got it from 4pda. also from the screenshots of that site, radio ROM wasnt included, does this or WM 6.1 EN has a radio ROM?

3)What is the writing system on this rose_rom and WM 6.1 EN is it the bit annoying xT9/eT9 like all the 6.1 ROMs out there, or the amazing Palm dropdown autocomplete IME as in the original 6.0?

4)For speed and keeping the same features as the origial 6.0, which one do u recommend?

5)As i understood from chinese to english google translation from that site, to flash this, i need to format an SD card with Fat32, put the .abi file in it, enter bootloader(pressing down+on) and it will autoflash, is this correct?

6)What languages it comes with?

Again Thank you very much for this and your time, and I hope i didnt annoy you with my questions. Althoug i have many HTC Smartphones, this phone is my favorite and the only one i actually use from day to day with my custom mods on it. so i cant just try and flash stuffon without getting info about it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

caramba_sda

Jul 11, 2005
Moscow
1.And here and there, Microsoft's emulator v.6.1.4
2.my_rose-Page Pool Size=8Mb.
6.1EN(China)-Page Pool Size=4Mb
3.Отто wm6.1ru.abi=6.1EN(China),included 4pda bootlogo.my_rose included orginal Palm bootlogo
Radio ROM is not included in my_rose.abi.On from Russian WM6(off.)
4.System of writing the standard for Russia, includes English, Russian and Ukrainian input
5.my_rose is quite fast, IMHO does not require additional action to increase the speed
6.Yes, I used Transcend microSD 2Gb/fat32.Ne use SDHS.
7.Only the English, as well as in Microsoft's emulator

Sorry for my English, Google translator

kingmabuto

May 8, 2007
1.And here and there, Microsoft's emulator v.6.1.4
2.my_rose-Page Pool Size=8Mb.
6.1EN(China)-Page Pool Size=4Mb
3.Отто wm6.1ru.abi=6.1EN(China),included 4pda bootlogo.my_rose included orginal Palm bootlogo
Radio ROM is not included in my_rose.abi.On from Russian WM6(off.)
4.System of writing the standard for Russia, includes English, Russian and Ukrainian input
5.my_rose is quite fast, IMHO does not require additional action to increase the speed
6.Yes, I used Transcend microSD 2Gb/fat32.Ne use SDHS.
7.Only the English, as well as in Microsoft's emulator

Sorry for my English, Google translator

Thank you for your quick answers, its ok i figured its google translator but you give me all the info i need, as long as its faster, has english, and u flash it with fat32 microsSD, it is what i am looking for.

Also i registered last night with 4pda.ru to check the WM 6.1 EN it also turned out to be same build, 20757. (took me 1 hour to register trying to figure out how the security code work, i kept copying/pasting russian characters, it turned out to be XX+XX=)

I decided to go with this Rose ROM, hopefully i will try it this weekend.

Thanks again.

marrk_nl

Aug 8, 2009
I decided to go with this Rose ROM, hopefully i will try it this weekend.

Thanks again.

Any luck trying? I'm so tempted to try too, but the only thing holding me back right now is the fact that I can't go back to the original ROM if anything goes wrong.

Or is there a way to revert if you prefer the original palm WM version?

Thanks to caramba_sda, I almost gave up hope on seeing a new WM version on my palm.

kingmabuto

May 8, 2007
Any luck trying? I'm so tempted to try too, but the only thing holding me back right now is the fact that I can't go back to the original ROM if anything goes wrong.

Or is there a way to revert if you prefer the original palm WM version?

Thanks to caramba_sda, I almost gave up hope on seeing a new WM version on my palm.

I have the same exact fear as u, not to be able to revert, but i will try it, give me a couple of days when i am free.

also u know what is IntrudersMissedCallsSmsFix0.4 and tgetfile?

kingmabuto

May 8, 2007
OK I FLASHED THIS. 1ST IMPRESSION IS EXCELLENT, THE PHONE IS MUCH, AND I MEAN MUCH FASTER THAN STOCK ROM AND LOOKING GOOD. STANDBY AS I USE IT NORMALLY THROUGHOUT THE DAY WITH CALLS, EXCHANGE PUSH AND (FINALLY) SMS-CHAT AND I WILL POST MORE CONCLUSIONS.

Boots in an ONE INSTANT, instead of ONE HOUR, and everything is so responsive, also windows folder is quite small and opens quickly.

Finally the LAG on the stock 6.0 is gone. I removed the clock on top and the battery meter, dont like those. Also i need to install Office and Windows Live and bring back my looks then it will be perfect.

Again Thank you very much caramba for your hard work and reviving that phone again.

EDIT - UPDATE ON STATUS

Activesync/Exchange Push, Emails, Contacts and Calendars works flawlessly and perfect. Still as fast as the 1st boot with all my mails and contacts in it. As well as Text Messaging also perfect. The best part is that the original autocomplete has remained and not replaced by that xT9.

However there are 3 issues now, only the 1st is critical with me.

1) the keyboard map is russian, the normal chars are proper english, all the alternalte chars are in russian (when pressing UPARROW) for example i cant get the upper symbols on the keyboard like ? , ' ; $ " @ / i get instead this Ю Б Э Ж Х Ъ this is very important. although in the registry it is 409 the keyboard layout, and the keyboard mapping/driver is pxa27x_keypad_Us.dll.

UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE(FIXED): Checked every where all the registry entries are correct, i tried replacing the pxa27x_keypad_Us.dll with the stock 6.0 one, keyboard froze and didnt work. Edit: Fixed with new release.

2) IE 6 .... I wish u didnt put that horrible browser in and stayed with IE 5, it is slow, the mouse cursor to move takes time and it corrupts the screen where it moves. anyway to revert to IE5 without flashing back.

UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE(FIXED): Found a registry work around, HKLM\Security\Internet Explorer\MSHTML from 1 to 0. I included a CAB for this. Will downgrade to IE5.

3) The font is a bit jagged, or not as smooth as before, specially bold, either it has been edited/replaced or Cleartype not working proper. I will try to replace Segoe with the latest one i have and check later.

UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE(ACCEPT): Tried the stock font, still the same. since it is not a big deal it is ok.

Attachments

• IEDown.cab
    1.7 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

kingmabuto

May 8, 2007
copy it to an empty formatted microSD card, put the card in the phone, switch it off, press the down arrow on the the d-pad, while pressing it turn on the phone, it will load in bootloader and autoflash it, u will see red progress bar followed by green bar till its finished, then it will boot super quick.

peter4stra

May 13, 2007
copy it to an empty formatted microSD card, put the card in the phone, switch it off, press the down arrow on the the d-pad, while pressing it turn on the phone, it will load in bootloader and autoflash it, u will see red progress bar followed by green bar till its finished, then it will boot super quick.

Quazecotl

Aug 11, 2009
I've got some problems with flashing it... I formatted the storage card (16gb) to fat32, at least, thats what the tool on my smartphone said, en copied the *.abi file on my storage card. I restarted my phone as instructed en the boot manager starts but doesn't do anything! It's just doing nothing with the palm logo on the background and some red text above it (something about the version or somwhat).

Could someone plz help? My phone is a Treo 500v

btw, here are the 2 files u requested. peter4stra was just asking the first q for me because i didn't had an account here... :p

Attachments

• segoe.zip
    104.5 KB · Views: 99

kingmabuto

May 8, 2007
I've got some problems with flashing it... I formatted the storage card (16gb) to fat32, at least, thats what the tool on my smartphone said, en copied the *.abi file on my storage card. I restarted my phone as instructed en the boot manager starts but doesn't do anything! It's just doing nothing with the palm logo on the background and some red text above it (something about the version or somwhat).

Could someone plz help? My phone is a Treo 500v

btw, here are the 2 files u requested. peter4stra was just asking the first q for me because i didn't had an account here... :p

thanks for the font. I am not an expert at flashing that palm, it did work with me the 1st time i flashed it. I will start at looking at a more reliable microSD card and smaller size, fat32 on a 16gb will cause corruption, go for a 2GB, good brand.

Quazecotl

Aug 11, 2009
The font is 4 the russian charactars i guess? :p Hope it works :). you're welcome :)

Brand of my current is Toshiba. Is it possible to make only one partition on it of 2gb?

Quazecotl

Aug 11, 2009
I just found a 512MB card. currently i'm backing up the data and then i'll format it and try again. I'll keep u posted.

kingmabuto

May 8, 2007
The font is 4 the russian charactars i guess? :p Hope it works :). you're welcome :)

Brand of my current is Toshiba. Is it possible to make only one partition on it of 2gb?

Not sure about partitioning microSD card, never tried it or heard of it being possible.

No the font is not for russian, if u read my comments on the ROM, i am having slight issue with the font display for some reason on stock it was better, I am not sure if it is the font or some cleartype changes but i will try the stock font and i will see, probably it is the same exact font. it could be just me seeing things :rolleyes:

Also this ROM have 1 big issue with keyboard mapping of the alternate characters, ther russian and i am trying to get them to be symbols as my hardware keyboard, but no luck all the settings and drivers are correct.

Apart from that it is super, and I mean super FAST.

UPDATE: The fonts didn't make a diffrence. same. could be settings, i will look through that later. anyways this is nothing to be worried about. also not every day i get emails with big bold green in it. only issue is the symbols.

Last edited:

Quazecotl

Aug 11, 2009
That did it! Used the 512 MB card and flashed it. It booting like a f1 car, and the look and feel is like: AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWHHHH!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAA!!!!! really cool xD

Thanks for posting this rom!

I don't really have problems with the symbols.. Just press alt and all the symbols just appear as they should be.

kingmabuto

May 8, 2007
That did it! Used the 512 MB card and flashed it. It booting like a f1 car, and the look and feel is like: AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWHHHH!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAA!!!!! really cool xD

Thanks for posting this rom!

I don't really have problems with the symbols.. Just press alt and all the symbols just appear as they should be.

Yes indeed superfast, the 1st it booted post flash i was like :confused::confused::confused: :D:D:D a big diffrence from the old overbloated stock 6.0.

Top Liked Posts