[OFFICAL][4.2.2][GT-N5120] Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE update

Search This thread

Slipurson

Feb 25, 2011
Fagersta
I posted this in the "Noobs Start Here"-Thread, but i guess it could be usefull here also :)

If you are on 4.1.2 and no Root this is how you get 4.2.2 and Root in just 34 easy steps :p
This will be for GT-N5120 the LTE version only.

READ THE WHOLE THING ONCE BEFORE YOU START!
Also thanks to Chainfire, Sammobile and Clockworkmod

If you are already on a rooted 4.1.2, you could start at step 14. (or step 22 if you dont need to do a nand-backup)

00. Firstly download the firmware from sammobile, this takes some time if you do not have an hotfileaccount so do this first

01. Download CF-Auto-Root-konalte-konaltexx-gtn5120.zip with included Odin (Here)

02. Download CWM Recovery (here) This will be used to make a backup of your Note 8.0

03. Download Odin 3.07 (from here)

04. Install Samsungs USB-drivers (found here)

05. Unpack the CF-Auto-Root-konalte-konaltexx-gtn5120.zip-file somewhere on your computer, so that you can find the files easily.

06. Turn off your Note 8 and start it with holding volume down and power to get to download mode.

07. Press Volume Up to get start download mode, and connect the USB-Cable to your computer, let the drivers install

08. Start Odin 1.85 from the folder where you extraced the CF-Auto-Root-konalte-konaltexx-gtn5120.zip.

09. When the Square at ID:COM say something like 0:[COM7] on a yellow background and Messagebox says ADDED!! you are good to go.

10. Click on the PDA button and browse for the file 5. CF-Auto-Root-konalte-konaltexx-gtn5120.tar.md5 (.md5 might not be visible to you)

11. Now click Start and wait for Odin to flash rooted kernel and reboot your device.

12. You now have a rooted 4.1.2-device

13. Close Odin on your computer

14. Shut down and start the Note in Download mode again (volume down and power, then volume up)

15. Unpack Odin3.07.zip to some good place on your computer

16. Start Odin 3.07 and connect your Note to the computer

17. Click the PDA button and choose the RecoveryCWM6.03.2-GT-N5120.tar-file you downloaded earlier.

18. Click Start and wait for Odin to flash recovery, then reboot your Note 8.0

19. Shut down and unplug the Note.

20. Start the Note into recoverymode by holding Volume Up and then pressing power until it boots,

21. Once in recovery, choose backup and restore and then backup to external SD-Card (if possible, else backup to internal)

22. When backup is done (might take some time), reboot the Note, go to playstore and buy Mobile Odin (there is a free version here on XDA)

23. Plug in the Note to the computer, unpack and copy the 4.2.2 firmware to SD-Card.

24. Optionally you could here install Titanium Backup or Helium to backup your apps and games since i suggest you wipe your data later. If you dont have any progress you want to save then you could skip this step.

25. Start Mobile Odin, accept root-permission and let it download the flashkernel.

26. When Mobile Odin is done downloading, select Open file..

27. Select external, browse to and select the 4.2.2 frimware (N5120XXCMG7)

28. I suggest that, if you do not live in the UK, touch the Modem-selection in Mobile Odin and choose Clear to not flash the new modem (for me LTE didnt work when i flashed the new modem)

29. Make sure Enable Everroot, Inject SuperUser and Inject Mobile odin are selected.

30. I suggest you also check Wipe Data/Cache and Wipe Dalvik also (this deletes all your data on the device)

31. Touch Flash and to make sure the downloaded file is correct, let it do the MD5-check

32. Let Mobile Odin work (will reboot twice) and you should soon be booted and get to do the setup of your new and improved Note 8.0 with 4.2.2 in all its Samsungy Glory :)

33. If you do not like the bloatware from samsung, just install Titanium Backup and Freeze any unwanted applications.

The backup we did earlier with CWM Recovery, needs a Working CWM for 4.2.2 incase you want to revert back to 4.1.2. I am not sure if the CWM-Recovery we downloaded earlier works with 4.2.2 as i havnt tested (i havnt done any backup even tho i tell everyone to do so)

Also would like to add that i do not get any of the unresponsivenessproblems ppl are experiencing

Last edited:

rathian

Dec 29, 2011
Honor Magic V2
It seems that the tablet mode is disabled. The soft buttons were not shown unlike in 4.1.2:confused:

Sent from my GT-N5120 using xda app-developers app

Ok, I am aware of the fact that Google has permanently remove code for tablet mode in 4.2 onwards... I was asking cos i was hoping sammy would have left some bits of that code intact when they carried over to 4.2.... seems like they took it out as well.... :sad:

ralphrmartin

Nov 19, 2010
Cardiff
Step 22 should say "Mobile Odin", not "Odin", I suppose.

And steps 13-21 are not strictly necessary if you are confident / short of time / etc - they just make a backup of 4.1 in case.

Thanks anyway for very clear and helpful instructions.

gigino

Nov 6, 2003
London
multi window

Hey everyone,
I need some help on this matter.

I've updated my firmware from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 everything went well but I've notice one thing in the setting.

If I go to setting>display they is a setting for multi window but its greyed out I cannot put a tick in the box has anybody else have the same problem.

Is they a fix for this problem because I thought that the Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120 was capable to use multi window.

Thanks for any advise you could share with me.

Gigino

Slipurson

Feb 25, 2011
Fagersta
Step 22 should say "Mobile Odin", not "Odin", I suppose.

And steps 13-21 are not strictly necessary if you are confident / short of time / etc - they just make a backup of 4.1 in case.

Thanks anyway for very clear and helpful instructions.

Added Mobile on step 22, and you are quite right that you could skip step 13-21 if you want, but backups and more backups are your friend incase something goes wrong :)

Hey everyone,
I need some help on this matter.

I've updated my firmware from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2 everything went well but I've notice one thing in the setting.

If I go to setting>display they is a setting for multi window but its greyed out I cannot put a tick in the box has anybody else have the same problem.

Is they a fix for this problem because I thought that the Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120 was capable to use multi window.

Thanks for any advise you could share with me.

Gigino

I have multiwindow working after updating from 4.1.2 to 4.2.2, not sure what could have caused your problem but did you go for a full wipe? I noticed that some stuff didnt fully change when i kept data and cache while updating.

johrub

Jun 27, 2009
Munich
LTE not working

I can not get LTE working. I have flashed the Portugal Vodafone and the Nordic Country modem file via Mobile Odin.

No change to see.

lautunno

Oct 9, 2005
Mobile Odin boot loop

My device was already root.
I followed the instruction with Mobile Odin (clearing modemfiles) but I got a boot loop.
I went in download mode and flashed through Odin PC.
It worked, but the problem now is I'm not root any more.
Should I flash the previous version, root it and retry the process?

I posted this in the "Noobs Start Here"-Thread, but i guess it could be usefull here also :)

If you are on 4.1.2 and no Root this is how you get 4.2.2 and Root in just 34 easy steps :p

00. Firstly download the firmware from sammobile, this takes some time if you do not have an hotfileaccount so do this first

01. Download CF-Auto-Root-konalte-konaltexx-gtn5120.zip with included Odin (Here)

02. Download CWM Recovery (here) This will be used to make a backup of your Note 8.0

05. Unpack the CF-Auto-Root-konalte-konaltexx-gtn5120.zip-file somewhere on your computer, so that you can find the files easily.

06. Turn off your Note 8 and start it with holding volume down and power to get to download mode.

07. Press Volume Up to get start download mode, and connect the USB-Cable to your computer, let the drivers install

08. Start Odin 1.85 from the folder where you extraced the CF-Auto-Root-konalte-konaltexx-gtn5120.zip.

09. When the Square at ID:COM say something like 0:[COM7] on a yellow background and Messagebox says ADDED!! you are good to go.

10. Click on the PDA button and browse for the file 5. CF-Auto-Root-konalte-konaltexx-gtn5120.tar.md5 (.md5 might not be visible to you)

11. Now click Start and wait for Odin to flash rooted kernel and reboot your device.

14. Shut down and start the Note in Download mode again (volume down and power, then volume up)

17. Click the PDA button and choose the RecoveryCWM6.03.2-GT-N5120.tar-file you downloaded earlier.

20. Start the Note into recoverymode by holding Volume Up and then pressing power until it boots,

21. Once in recovery, choose backup and restore and then backup to external SD-Card (if possible, else backup to internal)

22. When backup is done (might take some time), reboot the Note, go to playstore and buy Mobile Odin (there is a free version here on XDA)

23. Plug in the Note to the computer and unpack and copy the 4.2.2 firmware to SD-Card.

24. Optionally you could here install Titanium Backup or Helium to backup your apps and games since i suggest you wipe your data later. If you dont have any progress you want to save then you could skip this step.

25. Start Mobile Odin, accept root-permission and let it download the flashkernel.

28. I suggest that, if you do not live in the UK, touch the Modem-selection in Mobile Odin and choose Clear to not flash the new modem (for me LTE didnt work when i flashed the new modem)

29. Make sure Enable Everroot, Inject SuperUser and Inject Mobile odin are selected.

30. I suggest you also check Wipe Data/Cache and Wipe Dalvik also (this deletes all your data on the device)

31. Touch Flash and to make sure the downloaded file is correct, let it do the MD5-check

32. Let Mobile Odin work (will reboot twice) and you should soon be booted and get to do the setup of your new and improved Note 8.0 with 4.2.2 in all its Samsungy Glory :)

33. If you do not like the bloatware from samsung, just install Titanium Backup and Freeze any unwanted applications.

The backup we did earlier with CWM Recovery, needs a Working CWM for 4.2.2 incase you want to revert back to 4.1.2. I am not sure if the CWM-Recovery we downloaded earlier works with 4.2.2 as i havnt tested (i havnt done any backup even tho i tell everyone to do so)

Also would like to add that i do not get any of the unresponsivenessproblems ppl are experiencing

mayday2

Dec 3, 2007
I flashed the Rom using pc Odin and then rooted it using Chainfire's cf auto root

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Slipurson

Feb 25, 2011
Fagersta
I can not get LTE working. I have flashed the Portugal Vodafone and the Nordic Country modem file via Mobile Odin.

No change to see.

You should flash your countrys firmware and then keep the modem from that firmware, or in your case now you should be able to flash your countrys modem directly via Mobile Odin (tho i have not done this so i dont know if it works correctly

I reverted back to 4.1.2 and made sure LTE worked (the 4G icon at the signalmeter), then i flashed 4.2.2 without the modemfiles and then LTE worked.

My device was already root.
I followed the instruction with Mobile Odin (clearing modemfiles) but I got a boot loop.
I went in download mode and flashed through Odin PC.
It worked, but the problem now is I'm not root any more.
Should I flash the previous version, root it and retry the process?

I am not sure but it seems that CF-Autoroot should work on any firmware, tho i dont want to say that you should use it as i am not sure if it does.

The way i would have done it is revert back to 4.1.2 root it, then flash 4.2.2 with mobile odin keeping everroot and injecting Superuser and Mobile Odin, and ofc clear modem so that it does not flash a new modem.

Just make sure you are reverying back to your countrys 4.1.2 so that LTE will work properly.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

I flashed the Rom using pc Odin and then rooted it using Chainfire's cf auto root

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Did you flash CF-autoroot on 4.2.2? That would be good news to know that it works on the latest firmware also :)

johrub

Jun 27, 2009
Munich
LTE Problem

Only O2 is offering the Device Unlocked in Germany by now. So I think optimization of the modem is still missing. So I tried European Vodafone modems like the one from Portugal, but never did get a valid LTE reception right now.

LTE seems to be a problem without the right modem, as I have also seen on my Note 2 LTE.

mayday2

Dec 3, 2007
---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

Did you flash CF-autoroot on 4.2.2? That would be good news to know that it works on the latest firmware also :)

Yes, on this UK 4.2.2. My bad I only have free version of mobile odin:p

Sent from my GT-N5120 using xda app-developers app

25jan

Jul 26, 2011
PPI who updated to official 4.2.2.... please advice about percentage of improved battery Life Compared to 4.1.2

Sent from my GT-N5100

lautunno

Oct 9, 2005
CF-autoroot on 4.2.2

I confirm CF-autoroot on 4.2.2 is working!

You should flash your countrys firmware and then keep the modem from that firmware, or in your case now you should be able to flash your countrys modem directly via Mobile Odin (tho i have not done this so i dont know if it works correctly

I reverted back to 4.1.2 and made sure LTE worked (the 4G icon at the signalmeter), then i flashed 4.2.2 without the modemfiles and then LTE worked.

I am not sure but it seems that CF-Autoroot should work on any firmware, tho i dont want to say that you should use it as i am not sure if it does.

The way i would have done it is revert back to 4.1.2 root it, then flash 4.2.2 with mobile odin keeping everroot and injecting Superuser and Mobile Odin, and ofc clear modem so that it does not flash a new modem.

Just make sure you are reverying back to your countrys 4.1.2 so that LTE will work properly.

rosentorp

May 13, 2007
Root etc

Confirms that everything works fine for me. Skipped update of modem as instructed and everything works fine!

Slipurson

Feb 25, 2011
Fagersta
Any one have issue after installing the latest 4.2.2 your device cannot use LTE?

I have a Hong Kong model of the N5120.

I had this issue with the first relase of 4.2.2, so i reflashed it with Mobile odin and just cleared the modem-files and kept the 4.1.2 modem and it works great, didnt even bother trying to flash these 4.2.2 modemfiles so i removed them with mobile odin this time around also :)

When i Mobile odin, open the Firmarefile, find Modem, touch it and then touch Clear, if you are going from 4.1.2 (for your region) to 4.2.2

If you are on 4.2.2 i guess you could always open the 4.1.2 for your region and clear all but modem and flash it. (havnt tried this myself so i can not comfirm it working)

cheryanne

If you are on 4.2.2 i guess you could always open the 4.1.2 for your region and clear all but modem and flash it. (havnt tried this myself so i can not comfirm it working)

I extracted the modem.bin file from the Australian 4.1.2 rom and just flashed that over the UK 4.2.2 with mobile odin.

Galaxy Note 8.0 Xposed Build JDQ39.N5120XXCMG7 / Baseband N5120XXBMD9 on Telstra LTE

copysat

Mar 22, 2005
Can someone post 4.1.2 CWM modem
I have 4.2.2 latest rom and the lte not working.
My device rooted and i need ready zip file to flash via CWM please

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ Official 4.2.2 (JB) Android update ★

Hi all...
    The 4.2.2 update for the Galaxy Note 8.0 (LTE) is out! :D

Firmware details:-
    Model: GT-N5120
    Version: Android 4.2.2
    Changelist: 1210063
    Build date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 15:13:58 +0000
    Product Code: BTU
    PDA: N5120XXCMG7
    CSC: N5120BTUCMG7
    MODEM: N5120XXCMG7

Only for GT-N5120 LTE model

LINK: ~1382 GB http://www.hotfile.com/dl/237442818/d1f7495/N5120XXCMG7_N5120BTUCMG7_BTU.zip.html

Source: SAMMobile http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/03/official-android-4-2-2-update-has-been-released-for-galaxy-note-8-0-lte-gt-n5120/

PRESS THANKS, :D

If you are already on a rooted 4.1.2, you could start at step 14. (or step 22 if you dont need to do a nand-backup)

23. Plug in the Note to the computer, unpack and copy the 4.2.2 firmware to SD-Card.

CF-autoroot on 4.2.2

I confirm CF-autoroot on 4.2.2 is working!

I just flashed it, and didnt wipe anything, everything works as it should, tho it does NOT have the new settings"app" with the categoriebuttons on top.

Havnt had time to test alot but it is smooth and all. Flashed with Mobile Odin and kept Root (as said before in thread).

Also sorry for the swedish screenshot :)
    Just noticed that 4G/LTE does not work in sweden with this firmware.

I had to reflash 4.1.2 for Nordic Countries and then flash this release without the modemfiles, now it works with LTE and I am happy :)

Ill try and scroll around some and see if I get this problem, never saw it earlier on this device at all tho.

But since the OP say its once every hour or so ill have to do alot of scrolling with my fingers for a while now :)