Root for HTC One Dual Sim EUROPEAN version?

Search This thread

homek

Sep 23, 2006
Dear all,
I just purchased a HTC One Dual Sim. On the box it says it is an 802w and the id is M7CDUG. So it would seem like a Chinese version BUT it is in fact official Polish (European) distribution. The OS on this device is 2.41.402.3 HBOOT 2.27.00.

Any idea how to S-OFF / Root this device?

Regards
Jan

homek

Sep 23, 2006
For that I need to be rooted. Which version of recovery shall I flash? Note that it is M7CDUG and the newest possible stock room.

Wysłane z mojego HTC One dual sim przy użyciu Tapatalka

homek

Sep 23, 2006
I am sorry - but what is the message from this thread? I understood it applies to the Indian version... Can you explain the warning?

geek-baba

Oct 15, 2013
For that I need to be rooted. Which version of recovery shall I flash? Note that it is M7CDUG and the newest possible stock room.

follow this guide to unlock and root - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2273570

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

theirs no way out is the message

theirs no RUU no stock recovery no nothing for duel sim phones

HTC One Dual SIM (802W) RUU collection

[Guide] HTC Dual Sim 802w (China Unicom), apply european stock RUU, OTA & CWM or TWRP

homek

Sep 23, 2006
Thank you. Although I am not clear whether I should proceed given clsA message above. Although I thought it is meant for Indian 802w. So if there is no RUN for the 402 system (only an update from 401), there is indeed no going back?

lge73

Feb 20, 2010
Dear all,
I just purchased a HTC One Dual Sim. On the box it says it is an 802w and the id is M7CDUG. So it would seem like a Chinese version BUT it is in fact official Polish (European) distribution. The OS on this device is 2.41.402.3 HBOOT 2.27.00.

Any idea how to S-OFF / Root this device?

Regards
Jan

I can confirm, i got S-OFF with rumrunner (Hboot 2.27), removed TEMPERED flag with revone! Now i-m waiting some good roms, such as ARHD, Viper-etc :D

homek

Sep 23, 2006
What recovery did you install to root?

homek

Sep 23, 2006
root is optional if you are htcdev unlock and on stock rom.

OK, I have htcdev unlock and tried rumrunner under ubuntu and after a few steps I am getting this error:

"looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel. su or FU!!!"

Rumrunner guide says that I do not need to be rooted. And I am not. But my bootloader is unlocked. I do not really understand the error...

geek-baba

Oct 15, 2013
OK, I have htcdev unlock and tried rumrunner under ubuntu and after a few steps I am getting this error:

"looks like device is not rooted AND lacks an unsecure kernel. su or FU!!!"

Rumrunner guide says that I do not need to be rooted. And I am not. But my bootloader is unlocked. I do not really understand the error...

I used moonshine for unlock, so you better be off in a rumrunner thread to get this resolved.

sspank

Oct 5, 2010
change system language not present

Hi guys, I'm Italian and I bought HTC one 802w online, and this phone is Czech republic. I would like to change system language to Italian. This item run hboot 2.27. I know there are apps that can change system language but you need to be root. Can anyone help me?? Thanks so much ;)

H377

Apr 18, 2010
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48247850

Flash CWM or TWRP without unlocking bootloader: PN07IMG.zip and flash through HBOOT

HI,

temproot works on my device. I was wondering if I could install the su binaries within the ADB session that has root privileges after running temproot. Do you think it's possible?
I have teh supersu.zip tried to foloow the isntal script and do everything manually like making directories, copying files chmod, etc but still cannot get root...

Is there a way to have root without unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom recovery?

My problem is that I don't the the factory image of my phone: 2.41.402.3 :(((( So I don't want to touch the recovery yet....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    morelocale2 ask me root privileges.. what kind of guide I have to follow to root my Czech device??

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48247850

Flash CWM or TWRP without unlocking bootloader: PN07IMG.zip and flash through HBOOT
    Help!
    I rooted my htc 802w and installed the european ruu and upgraded it to android 4.4.2 kitkat.(ota update). Now I cant root it because after flashing supersu it says me that supersu binaries are missing you should manually re root if you have installed android 4.3. Should I reinstall the android 4.1.2 chinese rom and then root???

Sent from my SM-G7102

Sent from my SM-G7102