[Q] Will this work to unlock ATT Note 2

Search This thread

Caryllb

Apr 3, 2009
Cheyenne
www.outthereliving.com
I have a new ATT Samsung Note 2 with 4.3. With this I don't have the menu "NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ." So I need to find a different method to unlock. I found these instructions on the S4 forum for unlocking a Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm wary of trying it before getting opinions on whether or not it will work first. Has anyone tried these and been successful on a Note 2 or on other Samsungs than the S4? Also, if I follow this will the Golden Backup disappear and if so can I regenerate it?

Here are the steps:
1. Goto phone dailer, and enter *#27663368378# for the debug service menu.
2. In "ServiceMode", select [1] UMTS
3. In "UMTS MAIN MENU", select [1] DEBUG SCREEN
4. In "DEBUG SCREEN", select [6] PHONE CONTROL
5. In "PHONE CONTROL", select [6] NETWORK LOCK
6. In "NETWORK LOCK", select [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
It should show:
SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[1]
SHA256_OFF => SHA256_ON
7. Now touch the first line SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[1]
It should show:
MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 116631
8. Now press the menu button and select "Back"
It should show:
SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF => Not Change
9. Again, press the menu button and select "Back", and you're back in the "NETWORK LOCK" screen
10. Press the menu button and select "Back", and you're in the "PHONE CONTROL" screen
11. Press the menu button and select "Back", and you're in the "DEBUG SCREEN" screen
12. Finally, press the menu button and select "Back", and you're back in the "UMTS MAIN MENU" screen
13. Select [6] COMMON
14. In "COMMON" screen, select [6] NV REBUILD
Now you are in the "NV REBUILD" screen, you should see the following text:
------------------------------
Golden-Backup exist
You can Restore Cal/NV
15. Now for the final step.
In "NV REBUILD" screen, select [4] Restore Back-up
The button lights for menu and back should come on, and the phone will auto reboot in a few seconds.
Note: chavxxx's post of selecting "[1] Load default NV" DID NOT work for me.

emeianoite

Aug 1, 2013
Miami, FL
www.armslist.com
I have a new ATT Samsung Note 2 with 4.3. With this I don't have the menu "NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ." So I need to find a different method to unlock. I found these instructions on the S4 forum for unlocking a Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm wary of trying it before getting opinions on whether or not it will work first. Has anyone tried these and been successful on a Note 2 or on other Samsungs than the S4? Also, if I follow this will the Golden Backup disappear and if so can I regenerate it?

Here are the steps:
1. Goto phone dailer, and enter *#27663368378# for the debug service menu.
2. In "ServiceMode", select [1] UMTS
3. In "UMTS MAIN MENU", select [1] DEBUG SCREEN
4. In "DEBUG SCREEN", select [6] PHONE CONTROL
5. In "PHONE CONTROL", select [6] NETWORK LOCK
6. In "NETWORK LOCK", select [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
It should show:
SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[1]
SHA256_OFF => SHA256_ON
7. Now touch the first line SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[1]
It should show:
MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 116631
8. Now press the menu button and select "Back"
It should show:
SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF => Not Change
9. Again, press the menu button and select "Back", and you're back in the "NETWORK LOCK" screen
10. Press the menu button and select "Back", and you're in the "PHONE CONTROL" screen
11. Press the menu button and select "Back", and you're in the "DEBUG SCREEN" screen
12. Finally, press the menu button and select "Back", and you're back in the "UMTS MAIN MENU" screen
13. Select [6] COMMON
14. In "COMMON" screen, select [6] NV REBUILD
Now you are in the "NV REBUILD" screen, you should see the following text:
Golden-Backup exist
You can Restore Cal/NV
15. Now for the final step.
In "NV REBUILD" screen, select [4] Restore Back-up
The button lights for menu and back should come on, and the phone will auto reboot in a few seconds.
Note: chavxxx's post of selecting "[1] Load default NV" DID NOT work for me.

Why doesn't anyone search? Look for a thread called free unlock. You're welcome.

Caryllb

Apr 3, 2009
Cheyenne
www.outthereliving.com
Toshik1, I tried these steps for the S4 on my Note 2 and they did not work. I had all the right menu selections and it seemed to step through them as instructed. But it just didn't unlock. That may be specific to an ATT Note 2. Perhaps they would work for a Tmobile or some other carrier.

emeianoite, I did search for several days. The only free unlock steps I found specific for the Note 2 were for Android 4.1.1. Version 4.3 was missing a vital menu item. Folks said you could unlock if you downgrade to 4.1.1 first. Didn't want to do that. So I searched for unlocking a note 2 with version 4.3 and found these steps for the S4. Unfortunately as I said above, that didn't work either. Wound up paying for the unlock code.