Sphinx 4.4.2 V1.6 - Exclusive GPRO LG e980

Search This thread

mandarjoshiin

Hello Guys,
Check below post on LGVIET. A custom rom for E980 specially.. Enjoy.. :good: :victory:

All links removed as per request by Hoangnova. . Please wait for further instructions...

Procedure :
1.Flash the stock 4.4.2 for on E980 (V20g)
(its a must or u may end up having low storage or brick the phone)
2.Install Root
3.Install recovery
4.Goto recovery and wipe data/Cache/Dalvik Cache
5.Flash ROM and perform wipes again..
6.Reboot and enjoy
First boot will take time.. so be patient.. :)

Screenshot below :

Last edited:

souleater11

Nov 20, 2011
Hello Guys,
Check below post on LGVIET. A custom rom for E980 specially.. Enjoy.. :good: :victory:

http://lgviet.com/forum/threads/sphinx-e980-v1-6-kitkat-4-4-2-danh-rieng-cho-lg-gpro-e980.20597/

Procedure :
2.Install Root
3.Install recovery
6.Reboot and enjoy

hello mandarjoshin,
Due to soft brick, I flashed my e980 US model with a e988 Hongkong JB stock KDZ coz i always get an error in tot flashing.

Currently, Im in stock JB e988 rom in my e980 smartphone.

Would the OP rom be safe for me to flash?

mandarjoshiin

hello mandarjoshin,
Due to soft brick, I flashed my e980 US model with a e988 Hongkong JB stock KDZ coz i always get an error in tot flashing.

Currently, Im in stock JB e988 rom in my e980 smartphone.

Would the OP rom be safe for me to flash?

Hi Bro,
You can use the latest LG Flashtool 1.8 and the latest .tot file. It works flawlessly.. I'd recommend not to flash this Rom on ur current rom as the base of this rom is E980.

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
This ROM has also European Languages .Very nice. I removed the modem.img from zip and flashed it on my E986. I did a factory reset in recovery and format system and wipe dalvik cache and than install zip from external SD in CWM 6.0.4.8. The External SD card is working. Fotos and downloads remained on internal storage. Also speakerphone is working in a call. Awesome :) Finally a fully working LG 4.4 2 KitKat with Dutch language.

Reactions: Mario Berny

mandarjoshiin

This ROM has also European Languages .Very nice. I removed the modem.img from zip and flashed it on my E986. I did a factory reset in recovery and format system and wipe dalvik cache and than install zip from external SD in CWM 6.0.4.8. The External SD card is working. Fotos and downloads remained on internal storage. Also speakerphone is working in a call. Awesome :) Finally a fully working LG 4.4 2 KitKat with Dutch language.

Yup.. This is by far the best rom (in terms of bugs) we have.. Enjoy.. :good:

bijandoroudian

Jan 5, 2009

can i ask you what modem do you use instead on the rom.
thanks

mandarjoshiin

Hi, I dont understand wich file I must download. My Vieatnemeze is too bad (actualy negative value).
Please provide any translation in OP, I'm so confused.
I can't download the DLL file http://lgviet.com/forum/threads/tong-hop-root-recovery-lg-e980-kitkat.19251/ and I don't understand how to unlock and root the 4.4.2.
Thank's!

Hi, why r u checking the Viet site u can check xda to get the stock ATT 4.4.2 and how to root 4.4.2. Check Xitrom post in development section only and get the recovery mentioned there..

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro E980

Reactions: jorrddan

jonahy

Sep 26, 2006
New York
Hi D/led SphinX_E980_1.6_update.zip from lgviet site. 1.8gb.(is this correct one?)
Im on ATT stock KK 4.4.2 Rooted.
Software ver. is E98o20g
Baseband is APQ806/MDM9x15M
Kernal 3.40
My CM Recovery Version is V6.0.4.7

So I can just flash the Zip straight up?
is My Recovery work or i need different version to flash?

Last edited:

mandarjoshiin

Hi D/led SphinX_E980_1.6_update.zip from lgviet site. 1.8gb.(is this correct one?)
Im on ATT stock KK 4.4.2 Rooted.
Software ver. is E98o20g
Baseband is APQ806/MDM9x15M
Kernal 3.40
My CM Recovery Version is V6.0.4.7

So I can just flash the Zip straight up?
is My Recovery work or i need different version to flash?
Hi,
Yes u can go ahead with this recovery... if doesn't work.. Try this
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rr...5-Recovery.zip

But it should work.. Enjoy.. Report back once u r done.. :good:

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
I'm running radeonmaya's KK, do i have to flash the stock AT&T first? this rom looks pretty sweet! Another question, is viperforandroid working with this rom?

mandarjoshiin

I'm running radeonmaya's KK, do i have to flash the stock AT&T first? this rom looks pretty sweet! Another question, is viperforandroid working with this rom?

Yes.. plz do flash AT & T stock Rom first.. radeonmaya is based on F240 so ur phone would brick. And yes viperforandroid should work.. test n reply.. :thumbup:

luisoman2000

Jul 4, 2012
Yes.. plz do flash AT & T stock Rom first.. radeonmaya is based on F240 so ur phone would brick. And yes viperforandroid should work.. test n reply.. :thumbup:

Does it have to be a tot flash or will the flashable version from the forum would do the trick?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

souleater11

Nov 20, 2011
Hi Bro,
You can use the latest LG Flashtool 1.8 and the latest .tot file. It works flawlessly.. I'd recommend not to flash this Rom on ur current rom as the base of this rom is E980.

This is easier said than done, but i always got an LG Flash Tool error saying that my device is wrong.

LG Mobile Tool Support currently recognize my phone as e988 coz i flashed a stock JB e988 hongkong KDZ.

By default, i think LG Flash Tool does not work for OG Pro International variants

Has anyone by pass this error.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app

mandarjoshiin

This is easier said than done, but i always got an LG Flash Tool error saying that my device is wrong.

LG Mobile Tool Support currently recognize my phone as e988 coz i flashed a stock JB e988 hongkong KDZ.

By default, i think LG Flash Tool does not work for OG Pro International variants

Has anyone by pass this error.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Free mobile app

Have u tried with the latest LG flashtool v1.8??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Guys,

All links removed as per request by Hoangnova. . Please wait for further instructions...

Procedure :
    (its a must or u may end up having low storage or brick the phone)
    2.Install Root
    3.Install recovery
    6.Reboot and enjoy

Screenshot below :
    Links have been removed....

Because it contains PAID app. Rules #6.
    Thanks you very much. I'm working for SphinX V2.0 for our GPRO.
    this is hangnovas work, say thank to him, works flawlessly, butt do not fare flash this over aosp, it will surely brick the phone, in general section three is flash able stock kit Kat, flash that, because file architecture is totally different in jb, and kk, you would see after flashing, the internal sd card is emulated rather than its own fstab, so you have to be on stock other worse recoveries would be **** up and so your phone to be

same here, cell standby drains battery like hell. I also have a weird bug regarding ingress. I cant submit portals since location doesn't seem to work(stays on a black screen).

Edit: as somebody stated before, this rom comes with a recovery, thing is i tried installing another recovery (a newer version of CWM), and rebooted to recovery(instalation was a "success" according to the recovery). Phone rebooted to rom, tried to reboot again to access recovery and now i'm stuck in the LG logo. I can't get into recovery, though i can get into download mode. I will have to KDZ back to stock now (grrrrr) and won't be able to do it until i get home(which is about 8 hours from now). Really wish the dev would have included any other recovery, I'll be returning to sphinx in the meantime.(The ingress bug doesn't let me submit new portals, which is a deal breaker for me)

You need open zip and delete recovery.img and done this recovery will fu*** the device you cant install from SD too